Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              259      
       261              323       324       end

Leica R Series Lenses

zhangyue
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.260 #1 · p.260 #1 · Leica R Series Lenses

Greggf wrote:
Thanks for your input, Michael! Just got the lens today, but unfortunately for me, I won't be taking too many shots soon...Christmas is here, and I'm at full tilt as a UPS driver in a rather ritzy Seascape neighborhood where my stop count goes from 200 stops a day, to roughly 450-500!!! But, I will get some shots hopefully this weekend, and will post when I can!
Thanks again, and thank you for the likes, from you, and others, too(LTZ, Jon, Carsten...to name a few)
Gregg

You are welcome. BTW, be sure at least test it well to make sure it has no problem though.
Oh! and you are the one delivery the happiness to every home Every time, UPS or FEDEX truck drive by, my heart beat get accelerated!

Dec 12, 2013 at 07:31 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.260 #2 · p.260 #2 · Leica R Series Lenses

A7R with 80-200mm close to 80mm end. should be WO, handhold. equivalent ISO1600 (ISO500, plus 1.8 stop push)

Again Larger this time. Sorry about that.

Dec 12, 2013 at 08:23 AM
Toys6

Upload & Sell: Off
p.260 #3 · p.260 #3 · Leica R Series Lenses

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Thank you for looking and commenting on my shot.
I never use tripod (or very rarely and only for night shots). The 180/3.4 Apo telyt handles well with the D700 even if it is not the easiest lens to focus.

Thanks for your immediate answer. But I thought, you used an A7/A7r like most of the others here at the moment.
Anyway, it is a great lens and I am wondering if stabilisation like IS or VR would improve the performance in this focal range?

Dec 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.260 #4 · p.260 #4 · Leica R Series Lenses

Toys6 wrote:
Thanks for your immediate answer. But I thought, you used an A7/A7r like most of the others here at the moment.
Anyway, it is a great lens and I am wondering if stabilisation like IS or VR would improve the performance in this focal range?

IMHO, stabilisation is just a gadget. For a 180 mm telephoto you just need a steady hand and a minimum speed of 1/250 s.

Dec 12, 2013 at 10:41 AM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.260 #5 · p.260 #5 · Leica R Series Lenses

Here are 5 images that I took last evening just before and at sunset at Lock Ridge Park, Alburtis, PA. Images taken with my A7r and my Leica R 35mm-70mm f4 Vario Elmar; lens set to about f11 for many images for DOF. Images processed in LR5.3RC.

Rich

Dec 12, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Worldinlens
• • •
p.260 #6 · p.260 #6 · Leica R Series Lenses

Some from 50 1.4 E55

Dec 13, 2013 at 02:42 AM
crazy shot

p.260 #7 · p.260 #7 · Leica R Series Lenses

Leica R 100mm F2.8 APO

Dec 13, 2013 at 02:52 AM
Jon Tainton
• •
p.260 #8 · p.260 #8 · Leica R Series Lenses

Worldinlens wrote:
Some from 50 1.4 E55
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/9759/49690153.3b/0_ad2d8_49b7cc28_orig.jpg
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/9313/49690153.3b/0_ad2d9_86a965a_orig.jpg

Normally pets, people etc as a subject aren't on my radar and I don't normally heap praise on images. However, these two images are special, working well as a pair, so well done in seeing this opportunity and thanks for posting.

Dec 13, 2013 at 05:04 PM
Jon Tainton
• •
p.260 #9 · p.260 #9 · Leica R Series Lenses

naturephoto1 wrote:
Here are 5 images that I took last evening just before and at sunset at Lock Ridge Park, Alburtis, PA. Images taken with my A7r and my Leica R 35mm-70mm f4 Vario Elmar; lens set to about f11 for many images for DOF. Images processed in LR5.3RC.

Rich

Rich,

Thanks for uploading the images. Specifically, in the first image you uploaded, was there any signs of colour fringing in the transition areas/interface of/between snow and wood/branches? Also, have you altered the WB or colour corrected the images in post processing? Thanks in anticipation.

Dec 13, 2013 at 05:14 PM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.260 #10 · p.260 #10 · Leica R Series Lenses

Jon Tainton wrote:
Rich,

Thanks for uploading the images. Specifically, in the first image you uploaded, was there any signs of colour fringing in the transition areas/interface of/between snow and wood/branches? Also, have you altered the WB or colour corrected the images in post processing? Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Jon,

You are welcome. I do not recall seeing any color fringing in the transition areas. For these images I did not need to make as much adjustment from the AWB setting for the camera as I have for many other images taken with my A7r. I adjusted the WB to Shade (this had a minor change in the image color) which is what I was in when the images were taken. On a few images I believe that I adjusted the exposure in either direction of between .12 and about .36 stops. Additionally, I did work the images for my normal adjustments for dark, shadow, light, white, as well as the same in the curves, some boost in the contrast along with a bit increase in the vibrancy, saturation, and clarity. I find that my RAW files with any digital camera tends to look a bit flat and they need some work to look their best.

Rich

Dec 13, 2013 at 05:36 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jon Tainton
• •
p.260 #11 · p.260 #11 · Leica R Series Lenses

naturephoto1 wrote:
Hi Jon,

You are welcome. I do not recall seeing any color fringing in the transition areas. For these images I did not need to make as much adjustment from the AWB setting for the camera as I have for many other images taken with my A7r. I adjusted the WB to Shade (this had a minor change in the image color) which is what I was in when the images were taken. On a few images I believe that I adjusted the exposure in either direction of between .12 and about .36 stops. Additionally, I did work the images for
...Show more

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your clarification and thoughts, I have an interest in the A7r for its colour and resolution capability, so I'm keen to establish it's credentials for my idiosyncratic photography needs and I'm also aware of the 35-70/4 lens performance.

So, I took the liberty of taking a screen shot of what appears to be colour fringing indicated with Apple's Digitalcolor meter on your image. I know caveats apply i.e lens profiles applied in RAW conversion, jpeg conversion, interpolation etc. But I'm trying to establish whether the A7r can meet my needs or not. And not from a pixel peeping basis, but problems seen in A3/A2 prints and whilst colour fringing can be post processed it's a PITA and best avoided in the first place.

A really bad case of colour fringing is in the sky lined branches of this A7r and 35/2.8 which rates as unusable http://www.flickr.com/photos/leicasonyzeiss/11340877444/sizes/o/

EDIT - spelling error corrected

Dec 13, 2013 at 08:21 PM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.260 #12 · p.260 #12 · Leica R Series Lenses

Jon Tainton wrote:
Hi Rich,

Thanks for your clarification and thoughts, I have an interest in the A7r for its colour and resolution capability, so I'm keen to establish it's credentials for my idiosyncratic photography needs and I'm also aware of the 35-70/4 lens performance.

So, I took the liberty of taking a screen shot of what appears to be colour fringing indicated with Apple's Digitalcolor meter on your image. I know caveats apply i.e lens profiles applied in RAW conversion, jpeg conversion, interpolation etc. But I'm trying to establish whether the A7r can meet my needs or not. And not from a
...Show more

Hi Jon,

You are looking at the images certainly closer than I. I have gone back to the original worked TIFF image that you have "borrowed" and I have made 2 100% Crops taken from the top edge of the image including a little sky and saved these a JPEGs to upload.

Rich

Dec 13, 2013 at 08:44 PM
crazy shot

p.260 #13 · p.260 #13 · Leica R Series Lenses

Leica r 100mm APO

Dec 14, 2013 at 02:59 AM
Jon Tainton
• •
p.260 #14 · p.260 #14 · Leica R Series Lenses

naturephoto1 wrote:
Hi Jon,

You are looking at the images certainly closer than I. I have gone back to the original worked TIFF image that you have "borrowed" and I have made 2 100% Crops taken from the top edge of the image including a little sky and saved these a JPEGs to upload.

Rich

Hi Rich,

The digitalcolor meter sampler wasn't placed anywhere near the top of the "borrowed' image.

Here's a RAW screen shot and image of a test I did investigating the colour fringing characteristics of the 35-70/4 lens last winter. This was the worst scenario for colour fringing, that I found with the 35-70/4 lens for snow, bare branches, sun light and cool shade. I'll add that for some reason greenery really provokes colour fringing in some circumstances, but spring is some months away in the Northern Hemisphere.

I promise you it's worth while investigating the real world characteristics and nature of your lenses/camera as it saves a lot of grief at the post processing / printing stage. Can you make available RAWs of the A7r and 35-70/4 or large file straight Jpg conversions to flickr for viewing?

Link the image where large image file can be viewed http://flic.kr/p/dVkLud

Edit 1 - image title affixed
Edit 2 - Image uploaded of screen shot of color fringing measurement

35-70/4 colour fringing field test

Apple digitalcolor meter sampler on color fringing in image

Dec 14, 2013 at 10:22 AM
svmnb

p.260 #15 · p.260 #15 · Leica R Series Lenses

All shot with Summicron R-50mm on EOS 6D

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Greggf
• • •
p.260 #16 · p.260 #16 · Leica R Series Lenses

^^^^ love the 1st an 2nd shots SVMNB! Can't go wrong with the 50 Cron!!
Gregg

Dec 14, 2013 at 03:35 PM
Greggf
• • •
p.260 #17 · p.260 #17 · Leica R Series Lenses

I finally received my 50 Lux E55....been working a lot, but I did manage to take some pics while on my lunch....
Here are a few examples!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this lens...will post some as time permits!
Thanks for looking,
Gregg

@f11

@f4

Wide open...

Dec 14, 2013 at 03:39 PM
Jean jacques
• •
p.260 #18 · p.260 #18 · Leica R Series Lenses

Greggf wrote:
I finally received my 50 Lux E55....been working a lot, but I did manage to take some pics while on my lunch....
Here are a few examples!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this lens...will post some as time permits!
Thanks for looking,
Gregg

grreat shots!

Dec 14, 2013 at 04:03 PM
Greggf
• • •
p.260 #19 · p.260 #19 · Leica R Series Lenses

Thanks Jean! Will be posting more as I have time!
Gregg

Dec 14, 2013 at 04:51 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.260 #20 · p.260 #20 · Leica R Series Lenses

Gregg congrats on the 50 Lux, can't wait to see more pics.

Dec 14, 2013 at 05:02 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password