Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              240      
       242              320       321       end

Leica R Series Lenses

JaKo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.241 #1 · Leica R Series Lenses

sebboh wrote:
very nice! like the toning too.

Thanks sebboh. Who do you think I got the toning idea from
Your images are always inspirational for me.

Oct 25, 2013 at 04:39 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.241 #2 · Leica R Series Lenses

JaKo wrote:
Thanks sebboh. Who do you think I got the toning idea from
Your images are always inspirational for me.

ah, thanks!

Oct 25, 2013 at 04:57 AM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.241 #3 · Leica R Series Lenses

Grenache wrote:
I love my 100 APO. it is indeed a great portrait lens too, a little heavy but at least the weight is evenly distributed. It is a great all-around les, from 1:1 (with adapter) to landscape/infinity.

Jim

+1
Love my APO 100 and ElPro and it is wonderful on my D800E and easy to MF and get sharp images.

Oct 25, 2013 at 05:00 AM
Roni1948

p.241 #4 · Leica R Series Lenses

Anyone here going for the Otus 55? Would love to see how it compares with R's in colour and contrast (Sharpness may be no contest...)

Oct 25, 2013 at 01:54 PM
Worldinlens
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.241 #5 · Leica R Series Lenses

Roni, posted this picture on the Z55 thread

So, the contrast (10 and 20ln/mm) similar to E60, except corners - WRONG

Sorry, Leica have 5 and 10, zeiss 10 only on graphs, so of course Zeiss have contrast more than 2 times better

Resolution - 30 and 40ln/mm, all clear from graphs

Latest samples from fashion show on the end http://www.flickr.com/photos/carlzeisslenses/sets/72157635236491881/with/10305442954/

Edited on Oct 25, 2013 at 07:02 PM · View previous versions

Oct 25, 2013 at 02:04 PM
Taylor Sherman
• • •
p.241 #6 · Leica R Series Lenses

Aren't the Leica MTF lines 5, 10, 20, and 40 lp/mm? If so, then the Otus (Zeiss MTFs are 10, 20, 40 lp/mm) is pretty solidly higher-contrast, too.

Oct 25, 2013 at 06:23 PM
Worldinlens
• • •
p.241 #7 · Leica R Series Lenses

Taylor Sherman wrote:
Aren't the Leica MTF lines 5, 10, 20, and 40 lp/mm? If so, then the Otus (Zeiss MTFs are 10, 20, 40 lp/mm) is pretty solidly higher-contrast, too.

Absolutely correct Taylor! I'm forgot that Leica started from 5

Oct 25, 2013 at 06:57 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.241 #8 · Leica R Series Lenses

sebboh wrote:
very nice! like the toning too.

+1. I really like the contrast between the old boat and the modern buildings!

Oct 26, 2013 at 02:40 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.241 #9 · Leica R Series Lenses

R 50 Summicron :

Oct 26, 2013 at 02:42 PM
shute

p.241 #10 · Leica R Series Lenses

sebboh wrote:
shute the a7r has continuous focus peaking available during video, and of course an evf, which is very helpful.

canon's actually have better video implementation (peaking, zebras, higher throughput) once you get magic lantern (except that canons don't have evfs of course).

the new nikon sounds very interesting, i'm excited to see what it actually is. the primary difficulty with nikon (and canon to a lessor extent) is that many of the R lenses will interfere with the mirror movements unless you modify portions of the lens, camera mirror, or both. not sure if this is an issue for any of
...Show more

Thanks for letting me know sebbonh. Wen you say Canon has peaking, did you mean with alternative firmware?

zhangyue wrote:
I thought any lens have mirror clearance problem with Nikon, will apply to Canon as well, maybe only Sony is good at that.

Shute, sorry, I totally forget Video. I still recommend Nikon over others. but A7R will be a hard one to resist. I pre-order one, but not sure how I wan use it with my Leica R yet.
As for 80-200, the performace is very good, especially before 150mm, but if I can choose, I will get 135 zeiss or 100 APO instead of 80-200. You gain two stop speed and DOF and can crop to get the
...Show more

Zhangyue, I need the zoom for my architectural, and I don't think I can bring 70-180 everywhere everyday.

Between 80/1.4 and 100 APO, which one would you choose?

Worldinlens wrote:
As I know for this moment there is only few "low-cost" devices for high-quality video capture

Panasonic GH2 - the old king, alternative firmware, almost any lenses

BlackMagic camera - of course uncompressed output, almost any lenses
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicpocketcinemacamera
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagiccinemacamera

Canon 5D3 - the new (full frame) king, alternative firmware, uncompressed output, many lenses

Regarding new sony product line here
http://www.eoshd.com/content/11380/new-sony-a7-a7r-rx10-exclusive-hands-look-video-quality
Want video? RX10

Thanks Worldinlens,

I saw someone using GH2 shot commercial portrait which was very successful. Among these bodies, only 5D3 is full frame. Let me think...

Oct 26, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sebboh
• • • • • •
p.241 #11 · Leica R Series Lenses

shute wrote:
Thanks for letting me know sebbonh. Wen you say Canon has peaking, did you mean with alternative firmware?

yes, magic lantern: http://www.magiclantern.fm/features.html

Oct 26, 2013 at 11:29 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.241 #12 · Leica R Series Lenses

shute wrote:

Zhangyue, I need the zoom for my architectural, and I don't think I can bring 70-180 everywhere everyday.

Thanks Worldinlens,

I saw someone using GH2 shot commercial portrait which was very successful. Among these bodies, only 5D3 is full frame. Let me think...

For me, 80lux. But that is totally depend on your personal need. Anything less than f2 is not very practical for me to do fast focus over all condition. If your priority is landscape, macro, than the answer will be different.
On the other hand, 80lux will be a great video lens for sure.

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:04 AM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.241 #13 · Leica R Series Lenses

The 100mm f2.8 Macro Apo Elmarit is an outstanding lens for close-up, mid distance and even landscape and distance work. However, it is not the easyist lens to focus due to its extremely long focus throw of almost 2 complete revolutions to focus from infinity to 1/2 life size. Still it is one of my favorite lenses though I usually use it on a tripod. It is exceptionally sharp.

Rich

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:12 AM
ulrikft2
• • • •
p.241 #14 · Leica R Series Lenses

I'm looking at some long lenses for the coming sony a7r. Among other lenses, I've eyed the Leica elmarit 135/2.8. The asking price for this lens is really low now, is that indicative of it's performance?

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:31 AM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.241 #15 · Leica R Series Lenses

ulrikft2 wrote:
I'm looking at some long lenses for the coming sony a7r. Among other lenses, I've eyed the Leica elmarit 135/2.8. The asking price for this lens is really low now, is that indicative of it's performance?

There are several versions of the lens, the last/latter being best. I have never used the Leica 135mm R lenses and I do not believe they were the most popular. I believe that most of us went from 90mm to 180mm.

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/135mm_f/2.8_Elmarit-R_I

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/135mm_f/2.8_Elmarit-R_II

Rich

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:36 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.241 #16 · Leica R Series Lenses

It is a good lens, but not special like some of the others. I used one with my 5D a few years back, and liked it, but didn't love it. The sharpness isn't up to some of the later lenses.

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:40 AM
telyt
• • •
p.241 #17 · Leica R Series Lenses

carstenw wrote:
It is a good lens, but not special like some of the others. I used one with my 5D a few years back, and liked it, but didn't love it. The sharpness isn't up to some of the later lenses.

Agreed, good but not great. Also very heavy and a long-ish minimum focus distance.

Oct 27, 2013 at 01:41 AM
xenon99
• •
p.241 #18 · Leica R Series Lenses

Leica r 100 apo + Elpro

DSC00198-2 by sylimphoto, on Flickr

Btw, i have r 80 lux for sale., no haze, no scratch, no fungus.
Interested pls pm me.
Thanks
:X

Oct 27, 2013 at 01:16 PM
xenon99
• •
p.241 #19 · Leica R Series Lenses

Leica r 80 1.4mm

DSC05293 by sylimphoto, on Flickr

Oct 27, 2013 at 01:20 PM
Worldinlens
• • •
p.241 #20 · Leica R Series Lenses

shute wrote:

Thanks Worldinlens,

Here one the many videos how much firmware means, for example for 5D3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFBc7i1Q_0w

Oct 27, 2013 at 02:42 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password