p.233 #1 · p.233 #1 · Leica R Series Lenses

Lieutenant Z wrote:
a rainy tuesday in Paris, with 50 R Cron :

Nov 06, 2013 at 02:48 PM

p.233 #2 · p.233 #2 · Leica R Series Lenses

shute wrote:
Got it.

I just preordered an a7.

Now, what is the best R-E mount I should look for?

Congratilations! The best choice from both I guess

I think about this adapters
http://www.metabones.com/product/sony-nex/lr-e-bm2-detail
Very good overall design and read that all OK with flange distance

But personally never use anything with E mount

Nov 06, 2013 at 02:53 PM
Taylor Sherman
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.233 #3 · p.233 #3 · Leica R Series Lenses

I love that 2nd photo Roni! (the fish/seaweed)

Nov 06, 2013 at 05:28 PM
Roni1948
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.233 #4 · p.233 #4 · Leica R Series Lenses

Taylor Sherman wrote:
I love that 2nd photo Roni! (the fish/seaweed)

Thanks! It was at the Monterey bay aquarium.

Here's a really blurry one from the same place that I like because of the "spotlight" on the hammerhead. This was shot in pretty much pitch black. 6D just soaks in photons - one of the reasons I went for full frame.

Nov 06, 2013 at 09:57 PM
JaKo
• • • •
p.233 #5 · p.233 #5 · Leica R Series Lenses

Worldinlens wrote:

I ended up ordering two F to E adapters; first Fotodiox for "lighter" lenses and mentioned Metabones (the name still beats the heck out of me!) Metabones has Arca Swiss compatible mount that should go well with heavier lenses like Zeiss or some Leica (if one is using Arca Swiss type tripod mount, it is)

So much speculations regarding the A7/R on FM! If time permits I will bring some of my WA lenses to Sony presentation this coming Sunday just to confirm that Leica-R was indeed very safe investment

Nov 06, 2013 at 11:55 PM
zhangyue
• • • • •
p.233 #6 · p.233 #6 · Leica R Series Lenses

shute wrote:
Got it.

I just preordered an a7.

Now, what is the best R-E mount I should look for?

Zhangyue,

I'm going to mount all R lens on this camera. I don't mind the length of the mount when hand held. If I remember correctly you commented that it will be wield to have a 80/1.4 with this body.
I do am worried a little bit about it when it's on the tripods. Maybe I should go for 7r for the metal front. What's your opinion?

I said that in a sense of relative size difference between body and lens. I am not sure how the body will handle heavy lens like 35&80lux, since those are not meant to be tripod lens. I also preorder their grip just for that reason.

For Leica R, I feel A7 might be better ticket for potentially good matching for Leica 1.4 lens with good rendering. and you don't need microlens and can have electrical fist curtain and better shutter etc.... also might have better color potentially, possibly based on images seen so far.

Why I got A7R? I don't really know I usually prefer camera have better physical build with strong body and dial. and 36M seems good as a specialized tool for traveling. plus, I love their native lens so far, I might get that 35 as a warm up and using some of my Leica M glass: make it 2nd body for a poor man's Leica with even better performance. I especially want to see how my two Leica R zoom looks like. (21-35 and 80-200)

As for Adapter, I have a fotodiox F to E and plan to get Novaflex F to e and R to e with their tripod collar. It will be handy for landscape shooting at vertical since my ball head is not sturdy enough for that.

Hope I answer your question well.

LZ, what a great one! thanks for sharing.
Roni, I love that first one, well processed.
Jack, beautiful as always. I fully agree with A7 fever going on here

add a funny photo from 35cron with 6D

Nov 07, 2013 at 01:14 AM
shute

p.233 #7 · p.233 #7 · Leica R Series Lenses

zhangyue wrote:
I said that in a sense of relative size difference between body and lens. I am not sure how the body will handle heavy lens like 35&80lux, since those are not meant to be tripod lens. I also preorder their grip just for that reason.

For Leica R, I feel A7 might be better ticket for potentially good matching for Leica 1.4 lens with good rendering. and you don't need microlens and can have electrical fist curtain and better shutter etc.... also might have better color potentially, possibly based on images seen so far.

Why I got A7R? I don't
...Show more

For some reason I like this photo of your son in the playground smiling. He enjoyed it, I can tell.

Thanks for your info. I'm keen to know if there's a tripod collar in the adapter, do you still need another one for big lens like 80-200. Will it balanced well.

It seems Novaflex collar is a smarter solution as you can have it on the adaptor or lens, deepening on how big the lens is. But I already ordered one with inbuilt tripod mount.

Edited on Nov 07, 2013 at 03:11 AM · View previous versions

Nov 07, 2013 at 03:03 AM
shute

p.233 #8 · p.233 #8 · Leica R Series Lenses

Worldinlens wrote:

Thank Woldinlens. Ordered.

Nov 07, 2013 at 03:06 AM

p.233 #9 · p.233 #9 · Leica R Series Lenses

Seems this is all are the official samples, but most with people
http://www.flickr.com/photos/leehong_gz/sets/72157636661907165/with/10332432883/
I like it, this is one of the best colour from sony i think for ff cameras, i mean how balanced by profile.
This is does not mean that a7 would be better than a7r. We really still not sure which camera better by colour or they are similar, need many samples, for me better in RAW.

Nov 07, 2013 at 08:11 AM
Planetwide
• • • •
p.233 #10 · p.233 #10 · Leica R Series Lenses

Thank you everyone for the positive comments, and likes! More from Cyprus and the 28-90mm

Nov 07, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Roni1948
• •
p.233 #11 · p.233 #11 · Leica R Series Lenses

Great stuff! Looks like promotional photos for the hotel

Nov 07, 2013 at 11:59 PM
rioni
• • •
p.233 #12 · p.233 #12 · Leica R Series Lenses

Hi everyone, I just purchased a Leica R (Canada) Summicron 50 that unfortunately has oil on the back side of the blades. The seller did not disclose this which is another ongoing issue but I'm considering just keeping it and having it cleaned since the rest of it is in mint condition. Does anyone have a recommendation on a cheap/fast place that can get this cleaned?

Nov 08, 2013 at 07:54 AM
Planetwide
• • • •
p.233 #13 · p.233 #13 · Leica R Series Lenses

Roni1948 wrote:
Great stuff! Looks like promotional photos for the hotel

Now that you say that it totally does. I guess its kinda hard to separate the commercial guy in me, even when on vacation...

Nov 08, 2013 at 08:48 AM
Roni1948
• •
p.233 #14 · p.233 #14 · Leica R Series Lenses

Man, I like my Leica 50cron, but do I ever want an Otus 55. Who cares that it's a bit bigger? I just want a 50-ish lens that has no chromatic aberrations at 1.4. Don't care as much for sharpness, and I actually prefer some vignetting... anyway...

6D with 50cron.

At Boudin in SF getting a delicious bread bowl of soup:

Nov 08, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.233 #15 · p.233 #15 · Leica R Series Lenses

Thanks a lot Georg, Worldinlens, Michael.

Georg, what are you doing ? I'm looking forward to seeing your Leica R pics!
Michael, lovely picture of your little boy!

Nov 08, 2013 at 03:38 PM
JohnJ
• • • •
p.233 #16 · p.233 #16 · Leica R Series Lenses

rioni wrote:
Hi everyone, I just purchased a Leica R (Canada) Summicron 50 that unfortunately has oil on the back side of the blades. The seller did not disclose this which is another ongoing issue but I'm considering just keeping it and having it cleaned since the rest of it is in mint condition. Does anyone have a recommendation on a cheap/fast place that can get this cleaned?

Is the oil having any effect on the aperture, slowing it down? If it isn't then don't waste your time worrying about it.

Nov 08, 2013 at 03:45 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.233 #17 · p.233 #17 · Leica R Series Lenses

If you are using it adapted, then you would almost certainly be using stop-down metering anyway, so speed wouldn't affect the issue. Only if you are using a Leica R camera.

Nov 08, 2013 at 03:50 PM
JohnJ
• • • •
p.233 #18 · p.233 #18 · Leica R Series Lenses

carstenw wrote:
If you are using it adapted, then you would almost certainly be using stop-down metering anyway, so speed wouldn't affect the issue. Only if you are using a Leica R camera.

And even if using a Leica R body, oil on blades does NOT automatically mean that the blades are sticky and slow. Of course it's not ideal, but it's not always a problem either.

Nov 08, 2013 at 04:16 PM

p.233 #19 · p.233 #19 · Leica R Series Lenses

rioni wrote:

The oil on the aperture blades never present by randomize reasons This is always result of bad service when someone decided quickly repair lens moving (often helicoid) with oil (it's wrong). In this case the drop of oil simple may fall on the aperture unit inside and you see what you see finally.

The lens unit can be removed simple but after possible two ways (now I do one of 50/2, but can't help directly fast and cheap). Second way more correct, but more difficult:

I guess for you better forget about oil and shot or return the lens and buy another one.

Nov 09, 2013 at 01:00 AM
kiankim

p.233 #20 · p.233 #20 · Leica R Series Lenses

Nov 09, 2013 at 01:42 AM
1       2       3              232      
       234              420       421       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              232      
       234              420       421       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.