Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              201      
       203              319       320       end

Leica R Series Lenses

Worldinlens
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.202 #1 · Leica R Series Lenses

Mescalamba wrote:
That looks a lot like my C/Y 50/1.4 MM. Including PF and glow. Maybe bit less PF (mine has quite a bit of blue PF).

Bit suprised, thought its better.. Are 50/2 better in controlling PF WO?

George, E60 not best of the best, and most good 50's are similar less or more. But WO really powerfull, especially on the d800. One day I'll try to shoot with d800 (not mine). I think maybe try remove AA filter on the D700? Don't know...

Jun 03, 2013 at 05:40 PM
Almass
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.202 #2 · Leica R Series Lenses

Worldinlens wrote:
George, E60 not best of the best, and most good 50's are similar less or more. But WO really powerfull, especially on the d800. One day I'll try to shoot with d800 (not mine). I think maybe try remove AA filter on the D700? Don't know...

Hummm, few comments:

1- The 50/1.4 in both versions namely the APO M and the E60 are indeed best of the best across all brands in the same focal lens.

2- And yes, you are right the E60 shines on the D800/E.
Maybe is is a good time to do a side by side shoot with a D800/E and a D3s with an E60 (@1.4 and 2.0) and an E55 (@2.0)....when I get some time free!

3- All 1.4 across all brands/focal lens are soft on the periphery.

Jun 04, 2013 at 08:45 AM
Worldinlens
• • •
p.202 #3 · Leica R Series Lenses

Almass wrote:
Hummm, few comments:

1- The 50/1.4 in both versions namely the APO M and the E60 are indeed best of the best across all brands in the same focal lens.

2- And yes, you are right the E60 shines on the D800/E.
Maybe is is a good time to do a side by side shoot with a D800/E and a D3s with an E60 (@1.4 and 2.0) and an E55 (@2.0)....when I get some time free!

3- All 1.4 across all brands/focal lens are soft on the periphery.

1) Almass, I means overall, not about sharpness only. For example, E60 have bokeh circles in the corners... Hmmm... Circles? No, true triangles. And I dislike this. This is common issuie for many lenses, but not for all. Based on the some kind of coma effect.

2) I guess that E60 would be amazing on the D800. I was impressed after R80, but E60 much better anyway. If you do this I promise to shot something nice on the E60 and post here I'm kidding

3) True. For minimize this the lens must be a huge by size. Btw, the new Zeiss try to going by this way.

Jun 04, 2013 at 09:13 AM
Grenache
• • •
p.202 #4 · Leica R Series Lenses

100mm APO macro.

Yes, I love it for macro, but it is a really excellent landscape lens too.

Jim

Your Majesty,... by Only_to_be_kind, on Flickr

Face/Off - Color by Only_to_be_kind, on Flickr

Face/Off - BW by Only_to_be_kind, on Flickr

Charred Remains - Color by Only_to_be_kind, on Flickr

Jun 04, 2013 at 02:35 PM
JaKo
• • •
p.202 #5 · Leica R Series Lenses

Great images Jim! Did you use any filters?

@ f/4

Jun 04, 2013 at 06:45 PM
mpmendenhall
• • • •
p.202 #6 · Leica R Series Lenses

Summicron-R 35 with Zeiss Softar III filter (note, Softar is responsible for the odd bokeh in the first shot).

Jun 04, 2013 at 06:57 PM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.202 #7 · Leica R Series Lenses

Looks certainly nicer than PS effect simulating soft look.

Sweet shot of that Maserati JaKo, looks absolutely perfect.

Jun 04, 2013 at 07:50 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.202 #8 · Leica R Series Lenses

50cron

35cron

All WO.

Jun 04, 2013 at 08:01 PM
Jean jacques
• •
p.202 #9 · Leica R Series Lenses

macro-elmarit 60+ 5DIII.

MONT BLANC

Jun 04, 2013 at 08:52 PM
Worldinlens
• • •
p.202 #10 · Leica R Series Lenses

R50/2E55 @2.8 or near

Jun 05, 2013 at 03:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Grenache
• • •
p.202 #11 · Leica R Series Lenses

Jako, thank you. No filters this time. Accidentally left my adapter ring at home.

Jun 06, 2013 at 01:38 AM
JaKo
• • •
p.202 #12 · Leica R Series Lenses

Thank you Mescalamba!

Great capture Jean Jacques! The closest I ever came to Mont Blanc was my fountain pen

Michael, yet again I must admit I admire your portraiture. Your images are nicely soft in a positive way.
I find that shooting fast lenses WO produces such unique images that adding any extra/excessive PP just makes them look more cartoonish, if anything.

BTW, an immaculate copy of Minolta Rokkor PG MC 58/1.2 for my new, not produced yet mirrorless FF camera will arrive soon, thanks to you! Seriously, I considered Nikkor-Noct 58/1.2 for a while, but finding anything in a decent shape is a rarity, so I just grabbed very pristine copy of Rokkor for a future use. Once you get your Rokkor I hope you let us know how it stands against Nikkor 50/1.2 AIs.

I doesn't always rain in Pacific North West! Shooting into the sun this evening.

Edited on Jun 06, 2013 at 06:20 AM · View previous versions

Jun 06, 2013 at 05:48 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.202 #13 · Leica R Series Lenses

Grenache wrote:
100mm APO macro.

Yes, I love it for macro, but it is a really excellent landscape lens too.

Jim

+1000

Jun 06, 2013 at 06:09 AM
Jean jacques
• •
p.202 #14 · Leica R Series Lenses

JaKo wrote:
Thank you Mescalamba!

Great capture Jean Jacques! The closest I ever came to Mont Blanc was my fountain pen

Michael, yet again I must admit I admire your portraiture. Your images are nicely soft in a positive way.
I find that shooting fast lenses WO produces such unique images that adding any extra/excessive PP just makes them look more cartoonish, if anything.

BTW, an immaculate copy of Minolta Rokkor PG MC 58/1.2 for my new, not produced yet mirrorless FF camera will arrive soon, thanks to you! Seriously, I considered Nikkor-Noct 58/1.2 for a while, but finding anything in a decent
...Show more

thank you very much!!
great captures with r 80
I know the pacific northwest, on the US side and Canadian side from birtish columbia to Oregon and i realy liked it
ths some days when it doesn't rain were fantastic, with a beautiful light

Jun 06, 2013 at 01:21 PM
Picture This!
• • •
p.202 #15 · Leica R Series Lenses

Michael, beautiful portraits as usual.
Jack, great images with the r80. You're making me want this lens. I like your pp style and the fact that you keep the images natural.
Jean, great shot. You make the 60 macro sing.
Grenache, very nice work with the 100. I agree, its a great macro and landscape lens. I absolutely love the color purity of the 100. Wonderful lens !

Jun 06, 2013 at 02:43 PM
JaKo
• • •
p.202 #16 · Leica R Series Lenses

Thank you Manu. Watch out, Lux-R 80 is a heavy lens, far from walk-around pancake glass (although it may flat one's wallet to a pancake size)

To Mescalamba (sorry 'bout the focus - had to shoot from car's window)

To Rock'n'Roll fans:

Jun 07, 2013 at 03:27 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.202 #17 · Leica R Series Lenses

Thank you all for comments and likes.

Here are two test shots from today.

21-35mm with 6D The lens feel lighter than my 35cron.

Jun 07, 2013 at 09:08 AM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.202 #18 · Leica R Series Lenses

JaKo wrote:
To Mescalamba (sorry 'bout the focus - had to shoot from car's window)
http://www.kozera.ca/photos/images/_D8E3578_640.jpg

Could be nicknamed "chromatic aberration and fringing test car". Bit too much chrome to my liking.. good shot tho.

Jun 07, 2013 at 04:54 PM
JaKo
• • •
p.202 #19 · Leica R Series Lenses

zhangyue/21-35mm: Fields of Gold, but WOW 'Mr. Alt' becomes 'Mr. Zoom'?
Michael, I gather you had this lens for a while and waited for a chance (Canon) to put it to use.
I hope that's the case otherwise how one new, happy Rokkor 58 shooter can zoom so far to such extreme side?
Don't mind my teasing; long work week, Friday, local beer, you know

Just curious about your Rokkor 58/1.2 experience. Did you sell your Nikkor 50/1.2 AI-s? I am looking for some down to earth, no BS opinions on these two. It may be a while before I can answer this question myself, but I know your opinions are usually dry on hype and right on the $$$.

Jun 08, 2013 at 12:31 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.202 #20 · Leica R Series Lenses

JaKo wrote:
zhangyue/21-35mm: Fields of Gold, but WOW 'Mr. Alt' becomes 'Mr. Zoom'?

I hope that's the case otherwise how one new, happy Rokkor 58 shooter can zoom so far to such extreme side?
Don't mind my teasing; long work week, Friday, local beer, you know

Just curious about your Rokkor 58/1.2 experience. Did you sell your Nikkor 50/1.2 AI-s? I am looking for some down to earth, no BS opinions on these two. It may be a while before I can answer this question myself, but I know your opinions are usually dry on hype and right on the $$$.

I wish I can do beer at weekend instead of bring kids to the local park
As for Zoom, I have more to show see below.

I sold Nikkor for its focus ring direction. I love that lens very much. I didn't do A/B comparison. Since I used Rokkor today again during my kids playing around the park. Here is my short impression: Optically, I don't know about slow down, but before f2, I feel Rokkor is better, especially at f1.2, I still can put my subject off center quite a bit, which Nikkor's sweet circle is smaller. If you nail focus, Rokkor can be very sharp at f1.2,(Nikkor is good too at center) I would say it surprise me. and image can be quite 'POP', this character remind me of Canon 85mm 1.2. In focus image is well corrected, but I don't feel it is very neutral. (in this regard, I prefer what I got from Leica). However, the isolation is crazy at mid to long distance as it seems in focus plain keep improve with longer distance. I also try it at f2 and I would say I am very very impressed. It is as sharp as any f2 glass I have with beautiful Bokeh.

Bokeh at WO, I don't feel Rokkor has advantage over Nikkor. But this has to be tested with more experience. Sadly, I almost never use Nikkor at f2 to gather if it has good Bokeh at f2. However, I am sure I will not hesitate use Rokkor at f2 a lot more since my 6D has only 1/4000s shutter and Rokkor's crazy performance at f2.

This is very impressive glass performance. If it has Leica name on it, with f1.2 like this and that amount of glass inside, this is a $5000 glass . I am not kidding.

My impression is the glass has copy variation. Mine seems good enough to me. Don't be fooled by its 55mm filter thread, the glass is huge and heavy. I feel almost like hold a 85mm 1.4 Lens. but it does have some play, which is not surprising for the amount of glass inside. Build quality is good but not up to Leica or even ZE/ZF standard. As I feel the focus is very smooth without enough Damping. (could be just my copy, which also show inconsistency at around 1M)

Now some from Leica 80-200mm Zoom

All focus by eye and handhold. 80-200 is more practical than 21-35 I feel. 21-35 is pretty much a Tripod with LCD focus lens to me.

I bought both zoom preparing Leica 240. but TBH, I have zero interesting putting them on M now. With 6D, (it has some drawbacks, but nevertheless a good tool for me.) I doubt I would even think about FF MILC. Why, 750g vs ??(550g with adapter and EVF? and I lose OVF)

Jun 08, 2013 at 07:38 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password