Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              125      
       127              304       305       end

Leica R Series Lenses

wayne seltzer
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.126 #1 · Leica R Series Lenses

Congrats Brad! Look forward to seeing your shots with that fine lens.

Oct 02, 2012 at 02:45 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.126 #2 · Leica R Series Lenses

phuang3 wrote:
I still prefer focusing screen though. I just feel it faster for me. My only experience with Leitax was the Rokkor 58/1.2 mount. Leitax does offer high quality conversion products.

Oh, yeah, a good focusing screen is the best. Have you used an 850 or 900 with the M screen?

Oct 02, 2012 at 04:47 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.126 #3 · Leica R Series Lenses

wayne seltzer wrote:
Congrats Brad! Look forward to seeing your shots with that fine lens.

Thanks, Wayne! It's converted. I won't torture everyone with shots of my stove, windchimes, and wall-hangings, but man is it sharp. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Oct 02, 2012 at 04:49 AM
phuang3
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.126 #4 · Leica R Series Lenses

freaklikeme wrote:
Oh, yeah, a good focusing screen is the best. Have you used an 850 or 900 with the M screen?

I wish I could, but never have the chance. None of my friend owned A850 or A900. If the alpha mount has shorter flange focal distance as EF, I'd consider buying one. To get every lens Leitaxed costs a fortune.

Oct 02, 2012 at 05:00 AM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.126 #5 · Leica R Series Lenses

phuang3 wrote:
I wish I could, but never have the chance. None of my friend owned A850 or A900. If the alpha mount has shorter flange focal distance as EF, I'd consider buying one. To get every lens Leitaxed costs a fortune.

Actually A900 has longer flange focal distance than EF, so all Leica R lens need to be leitaxed. Certain Sony Alpha lens can be converted to EF, but not reverse as far as I know. Sony is bit easier way than Nikon, but not that easy as Canon EF (which for most cases needs just good adapter).

Oct 02, 2012 at 08:33 PM
Worldinlens
• • •
p.126 #6 · Leica R Series Lenses

freaklikeme wrote:
Happy day, The 28 vII has landed on my doorstep.

Great lens! I wish the amazing shots

Oct 02, 2012 at 09:28 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.126 #7 · Leica R Series Lenses

Mescalamba wrote:
Actually A900 has longer flange focal distance than EF, so all Leica R lens need to be leitaxed. Certain Sony Alpha lens can be converted to EF, but not reverse as far as I know. Sony is bit easier way than Nikon, but not that easy as Canon EF (which for most cases needs just good adapter).

I think that was phuang3's point. If Sony had the shorter register of Canon, he'd be more interested because he wouldn't have to Leitax everything.

And Canon certainly makes it easy to use the simple adapters, but the FF mirror clearance issues with some of the best in the R line is not a problem the a900 has.

Oct 03, 2012 at 04:16 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.126 #8 · Leica R Series Lenses

Worldinlens wrote:
Great lens! I wish the amazing shots

Thanks, Alex!

Oct 03, 2012 at 04:17 AM
phuang3
• • •
p.126 #9 · Leica R Series Lenses

One shot from my very first leica lens - 250/4 telyt version 1
I have many lenses, and almost forget its existence. It is bulky but has great build quality.

Oct 07, 2012 at 02:16 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.126 #10 · Leica R Series Lenses

Nice shot, phuang3. Very moody.

Here's a three shot (more like two and a third after cropping) pano of the Denver Public Library's Park Hill branch. It's a Carnegie library, one of thirty-seven funded in Colorado in 1902 and built around 1913. It's one of twenty-one still operating as a library. Much of the beautiful facade has been lost over time to necessary repairs but the library remains significant to the people it serves. The head librarian there is a friend of mine, and it's always busy, not matter what time you show up. A lot of that is thanks to the staff, who work very hard to serve their community and come up with different events that will draw in the neighborhood kids and their parents, like Star Wars Reads day, cosponsored by LucasFilm.

Did you ever get to make a lightsaber at a library? Or use it to beat up an Imperial Clone Trooper? No? Then you probably never met that most reclusive of sith lords, Darth Princess Kitty.

Elmarit-R 28 vii @ f/5.6

Summilux-R 35 @ f/2.8

Summilux-R 35 @ f/2.8

Summicron-R 90 @ f/2

Oct 07, 2012 at 08:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

carstenw
• • • • • •
p.126 #11 · Leica R Series Lenses

Awesome!

Oct 07, 2012 at 09:10 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.126 #12 · Leica R Series Lenses

Thanks, Carsten.

Oct 08, 2012 at 02:50 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.126 #13 · Leica R Series Lenses

Hmm, somehow I thought through a whole lot, and ended up writing only "awesome". I also really like the library photo, very nice, and the story also makes me more interested than just a shot of some house which I don't know. Very nice.

Oct 08, 2012 at 06:37 AM
Worldinlens
• • •
p.126 #14 · Leica R Series Lenses

freaklikeme wrote:
Here's a three shot (more like two and a third after cropping) pano of the Denver Public Library's Park Hill branch. It's a Carnegie library, one of thirty-seven funded in Colorado in 1902 and built around 1913. It's one of twenty-one still operating as a library. Much of the beautiful facade has been lost over time to necessary repairs but the library remains significant to the people it serves. The head librarian there is a friend of mine, and it's always busy, not matter what time you show up. A lot of that is thanks to the staff, who work
...Show more

I'm sorry, very interesting place.. many kids... But my vote for 1-st shot, as from true landscape-man

Oct 08, 2012 at 10:46 AM
phuang3
• • •
p.126 #15 · Leica R Series Lenses

I like the 1st shot, too. It can be a postcard photo of this particular library.

Oct 09, 2012 at 12:32 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.126 #16 · Leica R Series Lenses

Thanks, guys. The pano is the one I did for my satisfaction. The others are just snaps for their website to show people what a great time they missed. At least I was selective with them. I have a lot more. Besides, I had to get the Darth Princess Kitty joke in, and it needed some context.

Oct 09, 2012 at 03:08 AM
Worldinlens
• • •
p.126 #17 · Leica R Series Lenses

Leica Summilux-R 50 f/1.4 E60

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:32 AM
RSSmith
• •
p.126 #18 · Leica R Series Lenses

50/2.0 Summicron-R

20121020 a016 by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

Oct 21, 2012 at 03:35 AM
alundeb
• • • •
p.126 #19 · Leica R Series Lenses

Apo-Telyt R 180 f/3.4 on 5DII today. The lens is now Leitaxed to Nikon for continued pleasure with the D800E.

Oct 21, 2012 at 01:02 PM
lenticular11
• • •
p.126 #20 · Leica R Series Lenses

More great images in this thread, as usual.

Worldinlens, I particularly love the shot of your daughter holding the bunch of autumn leaves.

Macro-Elmarit 60

Canon EOS-1D Mark III    f/0.0    1/2000s    160 ISO    -1.3 EV  

Oct 23, 2012 at 12:12 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password