1       2       3              10      
       end

Archive 2010 · Samyang 14mm on 5D2

skibum5
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #1 · p.11 #1 · Samyang 14mm on 5D2

scalesusa wrote:
Once again, the left side was blurred on all the Rokinon / Samyang images. However, the Canon 15mm images were sharper in the center, and the extreme edges were quite good as well. The overall resulting image was much better than the Rokinon / Samyang. The 15mm FOV was noticibly larger than the 14mm Rokinon / Samyang as well.

Overall, I was very disappointed. The canon 15mm fisheye that I bought used for $300 was clearly a better lens, and exposures were set accurately. It also worked with my 1D MK III.

The Rokinon / Samyang is going back obviously, I'm not
...Show more

yeah but the fiush-eye well looks like a fish-eye and that is a pretty weird effect to use more than every now and then

Jul 27, 2010 at 01:57 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.11 #2 · p.11 #2 · Samyang 14mm on 5D2

Canon cameras all display f0, no matter what stop you set the samyang lens at. with the Samyang 14mm lens, I place my camera in Av, focus, then stop the lens down, and press the shutter button to meter the light at f4 and open the shutter. It does meter about 1/3-1/2 stop too brightly, but not 4 stops over.

I was having a problem with my 1D MK II overexposing, however, a full camera reset fixed that.

Jul 27, 2010 at 05:21 PM
helimat
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #3 · p.11 #3 · Samyang 14mm on 5D2

kodakeos wrote:
RE: metering issues.
I have started using a few alt lenses, and heres the problem with AV.
you can NOT match the F# used, with the F# on the camera.
The camera is assuming (and rightly so) that the light falling on the sensor during mirror down metering is, at full aperture.
SO if you have an F1.0 lens, and open it up to f1.0 and set the camera to F1.0. it will adjust the shutter speed correctly.
HOWEVER, if you set the lens at F4.0, and set the camera, at F4.0, the camera is going to see the amount
...Show more

Wrongo... Using stop-down metering when using 'dumb' mounted lenses is the way to go and usually requires very little EC.

scalesusa wrote:
Canon cameras all display f0, no matter what stop you set the samyang lens at. with the Samyang 14mm lens, I place my camera in Av, focus, then stop the lens down, and press the shutter button to meter the light at f4 and open the shutter. It does meter about 1/3-1/2 stop too brightly, but not 4 stops over.

I was having a problem with my 1D MK II overexposing, however, a full camera reset fixed that.

Exactly!

G. Thomas wrote:
Matt-

I kind of like that brick wall shot, actually. Pretty groovy and far out, man!

Thanks man!

Jul 27, 2010 at 11:43 PM
Dpic_arctic
• • • •
p.11 #4 · p.11 #4 · Samyang 14mm on 5D2

Tri Tran wrote:
I love my Rokinon/Samyang 85mm f1.4

+2!

The samples look excellent for a lens this price. It's worth considering!

Jul 28, 2010 at 03:01 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.11 #5 · p.11 #5 · Samyang 14mm on 5D2

If enough people who own one show images instead of refering to images from the manufacturers specially prepared lens, I might order a replacement for the one I returned. It was awful, not really usable the left side was out of focus, and the entire image was off center, or else the right side was missing. Not worth $40 to me.

Jul 28, 2010 at 03:19 PM
chris78cpr
• • • • •
p.11 #6 · p.11 #6 · Samyang 14mm on 5D2

Looks like an interesting lens!

Jul 28, 2010 at 04:21 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.