Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              18      
       20       end

Archive 2010 · Einstein questions answered

Dax68

Upload & Sell: Off
p.19 #1 · Einstein questions answered

I ordered a set of 4 Einsteins in late June. I expected there being a delay in me getting them and such since I didn't pre-order, so I was just wondering if there was any sort of projected time frame since there is no information about what to expect.

Sorry to be a pest if I am, just kind of want an idea of how long my wait is going to be.

Thanks.

Jul 26, 2010 at 08:46 PM
photomarvin
• • •
p.19 #2 · Einstein questions answered

I'm curious as to why you don't contact the vendor?

Jul 26, 2010 at 08:49 PM
Dax68

p.19 #3 · Einstein questions answered

I figured I'd try to do it here in a more casual manner, that way more people could see the answer and be informed.

Jul 29, 2010 at 08:42 PM
Pat Flanakin
• • •
p.19 #4 · Einstein questions answered

I emailed info@paulbuff and they stated that around a 3 month waiting time. That was 2 weeks ago, so rather current.

Dax68 wrote:
I ordered a set of 4 Einsteins in late June. I expected there being a delay in me getting them and such since I didn't pre-order, so I was just wondering if there was any sort of projected time frame since there is no information about what to expect.

Sorry to be a pest if I am, just kind of want an idea of how long my wait is going to be.

Thanks.

Jul 30, 2010 at 01:21 PM
xsightn

Account locked
p.19 #5 · Einstein questions answered

WOW !! 3 Months ?
I just ordered on friday so have to wait october/november

Aug 04, 2010 at 07:40 PM
bugaglo
• •
p.19 #6 · Einstein questions answered

What power Nigeria has, 115V or 220V? Or maybe 380?

Aug 05, 2010 at 12:21 AM
Paul Buff
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.19 #7 · Einstein questions answered

New orders already received and replacements and remaining pre orders should start shipping by Sept 9. New orders received now should be shipping in October.

Aug 05, 2010 at 03:06 AM
joosay
• • •
p.19 #8 · Einstein questions answered

Hmm, ordered back in March or April..so long ago that I can't even remember haha.

Aug 06, 2010 at 12:30 PM
mmurph
• • • •
p.19 #9 · Einstein questions answered

bugaglo wrote:
That never happen with Bron or Profoto!]

Gee, thanks fan boy.

Those gratuitous slams are one of the reasons many, many pros have left FM in the past year. Of course, Bron had an IGBT unit in 1994.

Paul, congrats on the successful launch of the Einstein!

Best,
Michael

Aug 09, 2010 at 12:59 AM
bacilonur
• • • •
p.19 #10 · Einstein questions answered

Michael, long time no see! Hope life's treating you well.

Aug 09, 2010 at 03:12 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

mmurph
• • • •
p.19 #11 · Einstein questions answered

bacilonur wrote:
Michael, long time no see! Hope life's treating you well.

Hey G, I hope you are doing well! I started a longer post, but my iPhone wiped it out when I changed screens.

I looked at your MM site, it looks good! Not sure how refreshed it is.

I am going to open a studio in September again. It will be 4 years since I closed the last one. Maybe I can come out and assist you for free and you can teach me about photo! You will have to do my lifting for me. Or I can digital tech at least! Wish you were closer man!

I'll have to poke around here a bit ti see what is up. Sorry to be snippy - old wars from this place. I miss y'all now looking around here.

Feel free to PM, or I'll sync up. Travelling right now, through Saturday. Wisconsin, Chicago - family stuff and museums with the kid.

Cheers! Be good!
Michael

Aug 09, 2010 at 05:26 AM
Diavolo
• • •
p.19 #12 · Einstein questions answered

mmurph wrote:
Gee, thanks fan boy.

Those gratuitous slams are one of the reasons many, many pros have left FM in the past year. Of course, Bron had an IGBT unit in 1994.

Paul, congrats on the successful launch of the Einstein!

Best,
Michael

I think you completely misread that guy's post. He wasn't digging at PB. He was showing how high the demand is for the Einstein's. He's saying he doesn't remember other brands selling above market because of demand.

Aug 09, 2010 at 01:02 PM
joosay
• • •
p.19 #13 · Einstein questions answered

Definitely did a fly by.

Aug 10, 2010 at 09:54 PM
hobbit
• •
p.19 #14 · Einstein questions answered

Paul Buff wrote:
New orders already received and replacements and remaining pre orders should start shipping by Sept 9. New orders received now should be shipping in October.

This update was as of early August. Paul, any sense of how it stands now? My order was placed in late June...can't wait to use them.

One other question. When you reduce the power setting on the Einsteins, do you have to "dump" the flash or will it automatically reduce to the updated power setting?.

Sep 02, 2010 at 11:23 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.19 #15 · Einstein questions answered

Hobbit, from my use, you can just fire fire fire. If you put it to 640ws then change your mind and set it to 20ws you can fire off about 10+ shots at rapid speeds before it draws in more power.

Adam

Sep 04, 2010 at 06:01 PM
Paul Buff
• • • •
p.19 #16 · Einstein questions answered

hobbit wrote:
One other question. When you reduce the power setting on the Einsteins, do you have to "dump" the flash or will it automatically reduce to the updated power setting?.

Einstein automatically dumps power very rapidly - about four times as fast as RX600, etc.

Also see http://www.ellisvener.com/sources/frontsite/display_file.php?file=slideshow/2/Water.mov

for approximate;y 130 consecutive pops at about 10 per second at 20WS. Ask Ellis for exact details.

All Einstein V2 parts and board assemblies are due in late next week and then we start building.

Heat issues, PW issues and 230V issues all solved and the front end assembly is tight and bright . . . many improvements. PLMV2 is shipping in limited quantitiesm but the pace is accerelating pretty fast.

Sep 05, 2010 at 02:31 AM
hobbit
• •
p.19 #17 · Einstein questions answered

Sounds great Paul. Thanks for the update.

I noticed that you expect an updated Vagabond product in the coming months. My Einstein order (which should ship in the coming weeks) includes a Vagabond II and I was wondering if you planned to extend an upgrade offer for the new product, similar to the Vagabond I to II offered a few years back.

Sep 05, 2010 at 02:41 AM
Paul Buff
• • • •
p.19 #18 · Einstein questions answered

Sorry, no upgrades are planned for Vagabond Mini Lithium. Timing for this product is pretty locked. Batteries and all molded parts (many) will be here in 50-60 days. Inverter manufacture (very reliable one) pulled a fast one - originally said he could make them in August, then yesterday said 10-12 weeks. We will fight it out with him Monday and see if this can be shortened. We're ordering about $1,000,000 worth of stuff altogether so hopefully that should give us some leverage.

These have been thoroughly tested and go together easily so we don't expect significant backlog. It's a very refined product

Sep 05, 2010 at 03:14 AM
hobbit
• •
p.19 #19 · Einstein questions answered

I certainly understand. I guess I'll have to decide which I want to go with. Are you able to share with us the expected pricing (ball park) for the mini? That might help in my decision making process. Also, would the mini qualify for the discount when ordered with multiple flash units?

Sep 05, 2010 at 03:22 AM
Paul Buff
• • • •
p.19 #20 · Einstein questions answered

Between $200 and $300. I think we can keep it below $250. Love to make it $199 but don't think we can quite make this price point.

Sep 05, 2010 at 03:28 AM
       20       end

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

20       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password