FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              17      
       19       20       end

Archive 2010 · Einstein questions answered

Neuffy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #1 · p.18 #1 · Einstein questions answered

I can't see handles as being useful for carrying, only for adjusting. Hmm..perhaps you can't palm the light? Do you have small hands?

Jun 09, 2010 at 09:28 AM
PShizzy
• • • • •
p.18 #2 · p.18 #2 · Einstein questions answered

bacilonur wrote:
It took a couple tries to update mine. Make sure it's seated all the way in and then turn it on and off until it kicks in.

How do you make sure they're seated in all the way. Having trouble with 2 units here. Repeatedly turned on and off, seated and reseated the card.

Much as I like the implementation of a micro sd card for firmware updates, it's definitely a first gen implementation.

Jun 09, 2010 at 09:41 AM
bacilonur
• • • •
p.18 #3 · p.18 #3 · Einstein questions answered

It should snap in definitively. Use something like the butt end of some tweezers to push it in until you hear a click.

Jun 09, 2010 at 09:43 AM
E-Vener
• • • •
p.18 #4 · p.18 #4 · Einstein questions answered

c2thew wrote:
Will the einsteins have built in handles in the future? I know it's an added cost, but it would be handy to have when walking to and fro between the light bag and the light stand on shoots.

In my opinion it would be a waste of storage space. I can't really see this as a viable issue.

and BTW I hate microSD. I understand the utility of them, just hate the form factor. I'd prefer a thumbdrive.

Jun 09, 2010 at 11:41 AM
PShizzy
• • • • •
p.18 #5 · p.18 #5 · Einstein questions answered

bacilonur wrote:
It should snap in definitively. Use something like the butt end of some tweezers to push it in until you hear a click.

Yup did that. Several times. It clicks in and out with each successive push. It was definitely in. Worked exactly the same way with 1 unit. Wont with the other 2. If we encounter issues, I guess it will have to go in for an upgrade, which is kinda sad but again, for a first gen product, these things can be expected.

Jun 09, 2010 at 12:20 PM
stiksandstones
• • • •
p.18 #6 · p.18 #6 · Einstein questions answered

PShizzy wrote:
Yup did that. Several times. It clicks in and out with each successive push. It was definitely in. Worked exactly the same way with 1 unit. Wont with the other 2. If we encounter issues, I guess it will have to go in for an upgrade, which is kinda sad but again, for a first gen product, these things can be expected.

Pshiz...I had SAME issue, one updated fine, the other it took about 8 tries. I was about to give up on the 7th try, but decided to give it one more go, finally worked. Whew. So my 2 updated and finally sync'd with my CC. Now if the other 2 einsteins would get here that are on backorder! Thanks all for the tips.

Jun 10, 2010 at 09:05 AM
PShizzy
• • • • •
p.18 #7 · p.18 #7 · Einstein questions answered

I've tried more than 8 times. I've tried over a dozen on each. I'll keep at it.

Jun 10, 2010 at 11:47 AM
brett maxwell
• • •
p.18 #8 · p.18 #8 · Einstein questions answered

I got mine already, but right when I began really thinking of getting out of the large flash game. I'm a wedding photographer and like to be really mobile, and really find speedlights do what I need. So would it be bad for me to put an Einstein on eBay and potentially make a profit off the sale?

Jun 10, 2010 at 05:52 PM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.18 #9 · p.18 #9 · Einstein questions answered

Brett, supply and demand.. Go for it.

Jun 14, 2010 at 11:16 AM
Mardel
• •
p.18 #10 · p.18 #10 · Einstein questions answered

Ebay UK and you can make even more. Seriously, if you have to ask.. your feeling bad. Why don't you just sell it to me or on FM? :-)

Jun 14, 2010 at 02:35 PM
c2thew
• •
p.18 #11 · p.18 #11 · Einstein questions answered

I was wondering, what's the fastest possible sync speed with the einstein/cybercommander combo? Is the sync speed still limited to the camera's sync speed? 1/200 (5d2) and 1/250 (40d)?

Jul 03, 2010 at 12:02 PM
E-Vener
• • • •
p.18 #12 · p.18 #12 · Einstein questions answered

See http://www.paulcbuff.com/pcb2009/e640pw.html

c2thew wrote:
I was wondering, what's the fastest possible sync speed with the einstein/cybercommander combo? Is the sync speed still limited to the camera's sync speed? 1/200 (5d2) and 1/250 (40d)?

Jul 03, 2010 at 12:49 PM
c2thew
• •
p.18 #13 · p.18 #13 · Einstein questions answered

ooh, never saw that link. thanks.

Jul 03, 2010 at 01:37 PM
JohnR84740
• •
p.18 #14 · p.18 #14 · Einstein questions answered

For those trying to figure out your delivery date: I got my pre-order confirmation this week, and I am in the over 1000 range. Even with the delays to resolve issues, I think they are doing a good job of moving things along. WTG PCB! I am looking forward to some experimentation in the very near future!

Jul 03, 2010 at 10:00 PM
Paul Buff
• • • •
p.18 #15 · p.18 #15 · Einstein questions answered

Please see http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=7-10053-10715 for extremely
complete Einstein independent review and comparisons

Jul 04, 2010 at 04:07 PM
Sam N
• • •
p.18 #16 · p.18 #16 · Einstein questions answered

Paul, can you give us any more information on the PocketWizard PowerMC2?

It sounds like it might be expensive and clunky to have a TT5orTT1 plus an AC3 on the camera and a TT5 plus a MC2 on each light, but it might be ok for those of us who already have the base ControlTL system. How do the features here compare to those of the CC?

Edit: Wait, is the MC2 an add-on for a TT5, or a separate receiver that goes into the CSXCV slot?

Jul 05, 2010 at 02:40 AM
Paul Buff
• • • •
p.18 #17 · p.18 #17 · Einstein questions answered

This is a PW product with our cooperation, so I would try to get the details from PW. The MC2 is a direct plug-in to Einstein CSXCV slot and shouldn't require another PW receiver. I don't know all the features yet - it will do some of what CC does but certainly not all and will do some hi speed sync things that CC doesn't. We have to do some firmware work in conjunction with PW so Einstein can communicate properly.

Jul 05, 2010 at 11:12 AM
bugaglo
• •
p.18 #18 · p.18 #18 · Einstein questions answered

Used Einstein head with CSXCV was sold on eBay for much more than new on your web site! That never happen with Bron or Profoto!

Link

Edited on Jul 05, 2010 at 09:56 PM · View previous versions

Jul 05, 2010 at 05:43 PM
E-Vener
• • • •
p.18 #19 · p.18 #19 · Einstein questions answered

Anyone get the serial numbers?

Jul 05, 2010 at 06:12 PM
sorin iliescu
• •
p.18 #20 · p.18 #20 · Einstein questions answered

E-Vener wrote:
Anyone get the serial numbers?

To me it looks like: E64002076

Jul 06, 2010 at 04:34 PM
       19       20       end

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

19       20       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.