Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2010 · Using Links on FM

Steve Tinetti
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Using Links on FM

sboerup wrote:
I guess I'll finally chime in since this thread started partly because of me (sheepishly). I think the message is this:

(from Steve) "We ask that members do not link back to their sites or blogs for the purpose of SEO or self promotion of products or services available to photographers."

If you want to share a set of photos on your blog/website, do it with "check out more on the BLOG". Not in the methods as listed above. This is my opinion, but I believe this is why the issue started. It was NEVER the issue of actually posting a link
...Show more
You said it as well as anyone and that's pretty much how I feel about it.

Aug 02, 2011 at 07:00 PM
wedding-

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Using Links on FM

Thanks for the advice - will stick to these.

Aug 25, 2011 at 09:21 AM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Using Links on FM

sboerup wrote:
I guess I'll finally chime in since this thread started partly because of me (sheepishly). I think the message is this:

(from Steve) "We ask that members do not link back to their sites or blogs for the purpose of SEO or self promotion of products or services available to photographers."

If you want to share a set of photos on your blog/website, do it with "check out more on the BLOG". Not in the methods as listed above. This is my opinion, but I believe this is why the issue started. It was NEVER the issue of actually posting a link
...Show more

+1

Sep 22, 2011 at 09:29 AM
eNoBlog
• • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Using Links on FM

Well, for what it's worth, I used to post links to my blog (on other FM forums), to technical articles about camera use and *that* was considered self-promotion, even though I had not a single ad or come-on in those links or around them. So it's not that easy, and IMO, it is a loss to the community when I am discouraged from sharing what I know with others. But hey, I don't own or run this site, so when I come here, I'll take off my shoes and be a polite visitor.

Dec 07, 2011 at 09:36 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password