New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2010 · Which L Bracket for my 7D

blucenturion
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Which L Bracket for my 7D

Is the consensus favorable toward the specific L brackets designed for the 7D? I've heard some are not satisfied with the new design by Kirk and RRS? I can't determine if this feeling is widespread, or not. Apparently the 50D L bracket can be used with no restriction toward the remote shutter release connection, any comments on this, please? Thanks.

Mar 01, 2010 at 08:12 PM
lowbone
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Which L Bracket for my 7D

I have the Kirk and I feel it is a good design however I have not had hands on with the one made by RRS. I tried my 50D bracket on the 7D and it did not fit properly.

Mar 04, 2010 at 08:04 AM
Jack M
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Which L Bracket for my 7D

I'm using the 50D RRS L bracket without grip with no issues. Fit is fine and all ports are accessible.

Mar 04, 2010 at 08:18 AM
bander
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Which L Bracket for my 7D

I have the RRS bracket on my 5D2 and like it. I use both Kirk and RRS products and prefer the RRS L brackets. If you haven't done so, visit the Kirk and RRS sites and take a look.

Mar 04, 2010 at 11:44 AM
troy12n
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Which L Bracket for my 7D

I have heard some people complain about the 7D RRS L bracket, I dont have a 7D, so cant tell you, but I know the 40d and 50d share the same L bracket, I have the 40d with the RRS L bracket and love it. It has a limitation where you cant use the IR remove with it because the bracket is in the way, but you can use a corded one without issue (I do).

Mar 04, 2010 at 12:29 PM
pdever

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Which L Bracket for my 7D

My RRS bracket fits fine on my 7D. I haven't used it tethered and I use a wireless remote, so no issues so far

Mar 04, 2010 at 01:13 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Which L Bracket for my 7D

wtf do these L brackets do? Is it like my stroboframe one that I keep the flash above the lens axis?

I need to find one for a grpped camera. I can use my flip bracket on my 5D, but I keep the grip on my 7D.

Mar 04, 2010 at 01:31 PM
godfather
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Which L Bracket for my 7D

Robert you need to do some reading over on the general gear forum

It allows you to rotate your camera to the portrait position while keeping the weight directly above the tripod. It has nothing to do with a flash bracket...however, you need one to use some of the RRS flash brackets (wedding pro flash bracket).

Mar 04, 2010 at 01:35 PM
NCAndy
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Which L Bracket for my 7D

I have the RRS L bracket on my 7D with grip. It is different than the bracket on the 5D2 in that the bottom has a 4 way dove-tail instead of the long rails usually found on other brackets. I was at first a little put off by the change because it would seem to have less surface to clamp to and might slip. But in practice it holds just fine.

What the new design allows for is to change the orientation of the camera from landscape to portrait when using the MH-01 monopod head and still make use of the tilt feature without having to adjust the clamp. That might not be important to you especially if using a larger lens with a collar or when using a ballhead on a tripod.

Mar 04, 2010 at 02:10 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Which L Bracket for my 7D

godfather wrote:
Robert you need to do some reading over on the general gear forum

It allows you to rotate your camera to the portrait position while keeping the weight directly above the tripod. It has nothing to do with a flash bracket...however, you need one to use some of the RRS flash brackets (wedding pro flash bracket).

I understand. When you take it into portrait position without one, your cam will be off-center weight of the pod.

With a camera and say smaller lens on it, probably not a big deal, but the camera and a 70-200 2.8IS, could make a world of difference.

Thanks for the education, not everyday you get to learn something for free.

I'll check into their flash brackets.

Mar 04, 2010 at 04:33 PM
pdever

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Which L Bracket for my 7D

adding on to what godfather said,you also don't have to recompose when changing from portrait to landscape

Mar 04, 2010 at 04:46 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.