Upload & Sell: Off
Thanks for all the wonderful comments!
This was a fun project for me. These days I don't have much money to spend on my hobbies, so I have to make do with what I have around the house.....here is the rundown for this project.
1. Subject - I got a book called "geo-gami" for christmas...sort of 3-D geometric origami for geeks. The hexahedron is on page 2....this was my second attempt...the first one was stolen by the cat when I wasn't looking.
2. Setup - The hexahedron is suspended from a homemade PVC pipe scaffold using a stick pin and a piece of thread.
3. Background - Beneath the hexahedron is an old dry-erase white board. It is fairly reflective. There is also a piece of white construction paper behind the hexahedron.
4. Lighting - From the lower left is a flourescent/ultraviolet "black" light that I got free when I purchased an industrial size bottle of "pet stain and odor remover" (please don't ask for more details....). From above right is a "home depot" work light with a 25W bulb clamped onto the PVC structure.
5. Color - Mix of exposure and a slightly unconventional white balance gave me the interesting coloring. I tried to avoid doing too much post processing.