Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2010 · Bridal show picture hanging ideas needed!

jeepman83706
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bridal show picture hanging ideas needed!

OK, so I was able to get into as really good show here in town, but it is only a month away. They do not allow pipe and drape. My booth space will be 8x8 and I have walls built for another show I did early but they are 10ft wide and much too big to fit into elevators to get up to where this show is.

So..I need ideas on how to hang my pictures. I have all standouts that are mostly 20x30 and a 30x40. Being standouts, they are very light. The first thing that came to mind was buying a bunch of metal pipe and make some sort of industrial looking frame thing and hang the pictures down from that, but there's no back to an open frame, so I dunno.

I would love to hear ideas and really see some examples of bridal fair setups that you have done that do not include any pipe and drape, or any wood walls that you built, because I don't really have the time right now to do that plus I have 2 8x10ft walls already taking up my garage!

All ideas and pictures are welcomed!!

Thanks!!

Feb 05, 2010 at 09:13 PM
louloulou
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bridal show picture hanging ideas needed!

I don't have any of my own examples but what about display easels?

http://www.easelsgalore.com.au/ABL%20display%20easels.htm

Feb 05, 2010 at 09:27 PM
jeepman83706
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bridal show picture hanging ideas needed!

Thanks for the suggestion! I forgot to mention that I really didn't want to fill my booth with all easels But at this point I should be open to any idea!

Feb 05, 2010 at 09:37 PM
louloulou
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bridal show picture hanging ideas needed!

jeepman83706 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion! I forgot to mention that I really didn't want to fill my booth with all easels But at this point I should be open to any idea!

Fair enough... it could get a bit cluttered. What about something like a Japanese screen that can maybe straighten right out with some brackets/feet you can add on for support IYKWIM?

Feb 05, 2010 at 10:05 PM
ARDENT
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Bridal show picture hanging ideas needed!

What about the fence (for lack of a better description) type of walls that people use at craft fairs?

Feb 05, 2010 at 11:02 PM
lindabrowne
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Bridal show picture hanging ideas needed!

Sent you an email with a photo of a different type of option. Shallow shadow box type of framing for walls with fabric behind it. I had considered doing something similar in black (due to black drape & pipe), but went with six 30x40's hung together off the pipe & drape. Ease of transport and able to fit in my tiny car, but perhaps I'll try something more next year.

I couldn't find the right sheer fabric in the width I wanted, but did find a couple solid blacks that I liked. I had planned on using velcro all the way across the top to attach the fabric, and then small tabs of velcro on the sides and bottom. Stapling would work, but I'm two hours out of town and was concerned about transporting them fully assembled. Plenty of configurations that could be played with. They're still large and you may not have time or room to do that, but just another idea.

This does lend towards catching attention with being able to go high. Again, the problem with the elevator though. Maybe a metal frame that's tall and can be assembled on site? Get your sign up at the top with a spotlight on it to really catch attention.

ps - are you sure they don't have a service elevator and is there any way they'd allow you a 10' space? Buying a little extra space (even at a premium) would save on a new setup.

Feb 06, 2010 at 12:46 AM
sealsphoto
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Bridal show picture hanging ideas needed!

I have what is called a Grid Wall. It is metal grid panels that are 2 feet wide and 6 feet tall. Mine is a Grid Z, so it is 3 sections together that fold up, and stand up in a Z pattern. Takes up only a small portion of an 8x8 booth. Your problem will be the size of your prints. My widest print that I display is 20 inches wide, so it fits on a 24 inch panel no problem. Anyway, google Store Fixtures and find a supplier close to you. They are usually listed under Grid Walls.

Feb 06, 2010 at 07:57 AM
jeepman83706
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Bridal show picture hanging ideas needed!

louloulou - thanks. I know what you mean. I'll look into that.

ARDENT - Hmmm, interesting idea. I'll look around!

Linda - Thanks for the email! Did you build that structure or buy that somewhere?

sealsphoto - I like the gridwall idea. Do you have a picture of your setup on how that looks? If I lined my space with those I wouldn't want to have it look like a prison!

Feb 06, 2010 at 10:28 AM
lindabrowne
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Bridal show picture hanging ideas needed!

Hi Greg,

That was from Wynn Las Vegas. I have plans of using it for inspiration of a similar type frame, but this year I opted for easy to transport.
Do you have a lighting system you use with your current walls? Figuring out how to reuse that could be the deciding factor on how to display your work at this show.

Feb 06, 2010 at 10:59 AM
RKTodd
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Bridal show picture hanging ideas needed!

Sorry I don't have a photo of my setup but...

I use my background stand which consists of basically two light stands with a cross bar (it's not homemade). I use black muslin for the background. From there I hang 4 20x30 framed metallics. At Lowe's I purchased 4-50 watt halogen track light heads, 4-metal spring clamps, inline switchs, household wire, and made my own gallery clamp lights. The only problem is the background cross bar is in three foot sections, so I usually set it up as a 6 foot display. If the booth is a ten footer then I set the background up for nine feet.

Feb 06, 2010 at 06:58 PM
Tyson Egbert
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Bridal show picture hanging ideas needed!

Here is a shot of my set up from my first bridal show about a month ago. I used treated 4x4" posts and some vinyl fencing spanning between. I drove screws into the vinyl fencing to hang the pictures from. The canvas prints on top are 30x40" and the others are 20x30" and one 20x20". Hope this helps.

http://Legend.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p938835836-4.jpg

Feb 07, 2010 at 01:27 PM
ksmahgrts
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Bridal show picture hanging ideas needed!

tyson - that is gorgeous! hope it yielded lots of bookings!

Feb 07, 2010 at 01:57 PM
Tyson Egbert
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Bridal show picture hanging ideas needed!

Thanks ksm! I got to the show, loaded everything in and was left with about an hour and a half to get it all set up. I had the pieces cut but had never actually set it all up. I was pretty frantic. It was somewhat successful. I booked one at the show and have since booked about 4 more. One will be in the Bahamas. My first out of the country.

Feb 07, 2010 at 02:42 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.