New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              929      
       931              1018       1019       end

ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

RiverGuy
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.930 #1 · p.930 #1 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Beautiful copperhead shot, kyelmore. Now you need to get down in the SW corner of the state and find a Trans Pecos Copperhead to shoot. Very rich colors, especially coming up from the bottom. Chocolate like the colors on the Willard's rattlesnakes out in southern Arizona. I had the misfortune
to be bitten by a baby pictigaster once. From that I know that they're more toxic than other copperheads.

The Osage copperheads make beautiful images, too.

--Dan

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:00 PM
Samuli Vahonen
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.930 #2 · p.930 #2 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 1.4/35 ZE @ f/2.2 + polarizer

Samuli

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:03 PM
kyelmore

p.930 #3 · p.930 #3 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

RiverGuy wrote:
Beautiful copperhead shot, kyelmore. Now you need to get down in the SW corner of the state and find a Trans Pecos Copperhead to shoot. Very rich colors, especially coming up from the bottom. Chocolate like the colors on the Willard's rattlesnakes out in southern Arizona. I had the misfortune
to be bitten by a baby pictigaster once. From that I know that they're more toxic than other copperheads.

The Osage copperheads make beautiful images, too.

--Dan

Thanks!

We actually found a few trans pecos copperheads during Sanderson's snake days last May.

Here's one photographed with the Zeiss 50mms MP

Agkistrodon contortrix pictigaster (Trans-Pecos Copperhead) by Kyle L.E., on Flickr

Jan 29, 2015 at 12:06 AM
RiverGuy
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.930 #4 · p.930 #4 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

kyelmore,

Ah, I remember riding the Juno and Pandale roads off Hwy 90, looking for Blair's kingsnakes and Trans Pecos ratsnakes in the 70s. Drive like crazy with juiced up high beam lights trying to spot the things crossing the road in time to keep from wrecking the car to avoid hitting them.

One of the keepers at the Houston Zoo had some of those central plateau banded rock rattlesnakes that are glow in the dark light blue between the bands. One of the most beautifully colored snakes on earth, I think.

Don't get bit by a Trans Pecos copperhead. The baby that bit me (on January ice in west TN, long story....) gave me more problems than a previous bite by a 42 inch copperhead from E. Tennessee. Carl Kauffeld had a southern copperhead at the Staten Island Zoo in the mid 60s that was something like 54 inches long. A freak.

You need to get to the Huachucas in AZ with the Zeiss glass.

--Dan

Jan 29, 2015 at 04:34 AM
kyelmore

p.930 #5 · p.930 #5 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

RiverGuy wrote:
kyelmore,

Ah, I remember riding the Juno and Pandale roads off Hwy 90, looking for Blair's kingsnakes and Trans Pecos ratsnakes in the 70s. Drive like crazy with juiced up high beam lights trying to spot the things crossing the road in time to keep from wrecking the car to avoid hitting them.

One of the keepers at the Houston Zoo had some of those central plateau banded rock rattlesnakes that are glow in the dark light blue between the bands. One of the most beautifully colored snakes on earth, I think.

Don't get bit by a Trans Pecos copperhead. The
...Show more

Dan,

I've only done west Texas once, the time we went last year. I plan to go again this year, but the driving all night kind of herping isn't nearly as fun as flipping boards and tin in East Texas and the riparian eastern part of the country.

Haven't suffered a bite yet, and don't plan to. Always been a stickler for protective gear and flipping with tongs and not my hands.

I plan to do the Arizona in August, this year or next. My buddy has been many times.

He and I often enjoy time in east Louisiana hiking up these guys in the summer:

Zeiss 135 APO Sonnar

Crotalus horridus (Canebrake Rattlesnake) by Kyle L.E., on Flickr

Best,
Kyle

Jan 29, 2015 at 05:21 AM
tccin3d
• •
p.930 #6 · p.930 #6 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Jan 29, 2015 at 06:07 AM
Ulff
• • •
p.930 #7 · p.930 #7 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

the earth from above with ZE 35 2.0:

Jan 29, 2015 at 12:24 PM
Toothwalker
• • •
p.930 #8 · p.930 #8 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Samuli Vahonen wrote:

I still prefer the ethereal rendering that you achieved with your previous camera for this kind of work.

Jan 29, 2015 at 07:26 PM
tccin3d
• •
p.930 #9 · p.930 #9 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

that place.. I found it, still not logical to my brain.
picture link here
brain is on saving mode, whichever he feels not worthy processing, it replaces with known data,, filters and optimizes information.. and because of this optimisation sometimes you can't find your toothbrush while it is in front of you,,brain skips known objects. In this case it 'gestalts' the scene with the staircase shape..

Jan 29, 2015 at 07:44 PM
Samuli Vahonen
• • •
p.930 #10 · p.930 #10 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Toothwalker wrote:
I still prefer the ethereal rendering that you achieved with your previous camera for this kind of work.

I also miss the greens from Canon 5DmkII. Apple Aperture rendered Canon's greens really well. I haven't been able to systematically reproduce as good greens from Lightroom from 5DmkII images, sometimes with minutes of tweaking I can get close to Aperture results, but never as good.

However I'm not 100% sure is the issue really in Sony A7 & A7r cameras; I have experimented some images using dcraw.c, and some low contrast photos I have got much better colors, tonality after extensive tweaking. However with high contrast images I haven't been able to reach good results without modern tools (Lightroom/Aperture).

And it seems that for this photo I even forgot to change from "Adobe standard" to calibrated profile, which generates sometimes very weird results. Adobe standard" must have been designed under influence of LSD or something...

Samuli

Jan 29, 2015 at 08:19 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ulff
• • •
p.930 #11 · p.930 #11 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

tccin3d wrote:
that place.. I found it, still not logical to my brain.
picture link here
brain is on saving mode, whichever he feels not worthy processing, it replaces with known data,, filters and optimizes information.. and because of this optimisation sometimes you can't find your toothbrush while it is in front of you,,brain skips known objects. In this case it 'gestalts' the scene with the staircase shape..

I'm not sure... are you referring to my image?

Jan 29, 2015 at 09:25 PM
tccin3d
• •
p.930 #12 · p.930 #12 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Previous page, post by toothwalker. The illusion pic.

Jan 29, 2015 at 09:30 PM
Ulff
• • •
p.930 #13 · p.930 #13 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Ah, okay, I missed toothwalkers illusion (really hard to believe that it is upwards) and interpreted some similarities in the colors of my image and the one you linked to.

Jan 29, 2015 at 09:36 PM
tccin3d
• •
p.930 #14 · p.930 #14 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Samuli Vahonen wrote:

http://vahonen.info/photos/2014/Q3/20140828Pitamavuoret,Ylojarvi/20140828_191406_ZE35F1.4@f2.2_1per250s_ISO100_A7.jpg

Samuli

It's just.. the blue is too electric..your canon palette had more yelow varnish and warm look. In this pic it looks like it has some cold layer on top. Not sure why it is hard to tweak sony colors..but it is different than canon.

Jan 29, 2015 at 09:51 PM
Toothwalker
• • •
p.930 #15 · p.930 #15 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Ulff wrote:
Ah, okay, I missed toothwalkers illusion (really hard to believe that it is upwards) and interpreted some similarities in the colors of my image and the one you linked to.

I see that the linked page that I provided no longer works. A direct link to the image still works, hopefully:
http://www.semfronteirasrp.com.br/terradosincas/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/P2270266.jpg
That should break the illusion.

Jan 29, 2015 at 10:44 PM
Ulff
• • •
p.930 #16 · p.930 #16 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Even then the illusion is still there for me - and stronger than my knowledge about how people normally behave when they climb downwards...

Jan 29, 2015 at 10:59 PM
tccin3d
• •
p.930 #17 · p.930 #17 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

This might be it..at least it looks like .. (Climbing the North Face of the Uxbridge Road)
LINK

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:09 PM
Toothwalker
• • •
p.930 #18 · p.930 #18 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Not far from the illusion: sculptures of nature. HDR exposure merge because of the high contrast in the second image.

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:21 PM
user222
• • •
p.930 #19 · p.930 #19 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

50P

Jan 30, 2015 at 07:23 AM
reza187
• •
p.930 #20 · p.930 #20 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

5D2 + 50 1.4 ZE combo, from a festival called tengu matsuri, Tokyo

A conch player making oni "howls" on horagai by reza_arya, on Flickr

Jan 31, 2015 at 02:19 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password