Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              827      
       829              994       995       end

ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

shervin2

Upload & Sell: Off
p.828 #1 · p.828 #1 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

CZ 50mm 1.7 Planar at F2.8.

Mar 07, 2013 at 03:23 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.828 #2 · p.828 #2 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Samuli Vahonen wrote:
Are people here considering to upgrade to the new 1,4/55? If so why - for the f/1.4 performance

carstenw wrote:
I do consider it, for the wide open performance and close to that, but I am undecided yet. It depends on the price, and the exact performance. I won't be pre-ordering. It also depends on what they do with that focusing rubber

Don't get your hopes up Carsten. Zeiss just won an iF design award for the 55/1.4. Also for a couple of the upcoming mirrorless system lenses, which have the same looking rubber rings.

Quote: The high-end SLR lens [55/1.4] that will come on the market at the end of 2013 reflects the new design language the best: the funnel-shaped form, a surface that is soft to the touch, the optimized focus ring and other details will contribute to even better manageability and an unmistakable look.

Martin Dominicus, Head of Marketing of the Carl Zeiss Camera Lens Division, says: “For the first time, we have established a design language that aims to convey the strengths and the identity of our lenses already through their appearance, how they feel to the human touch, and the impression they create.” The new product design language, which will be applied to all future lenses, was created in collaboration with the Stuttgart design studio Phoenix Design. “While ZEISS lenses have until now mainly been known for their technical precision, excellent image performance and ergonomics, our lenses will now also meet the highest aesthetic standards of our customers by becoming design objects in and of themselves,” explains Dominicus. “Not only are functional aspects such as convenient handling and operation important, but also the effect that is communicated through high-quality design.”

Mar 07, 2013 at 03:50 AM
philip_pj
• • • •
p.828 #3 · p.828 #3 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

"..our lenses will now also meet the highest aesthetic standards of our customers by becoming design objects in and of themselves,” explains Dominicus. “Not only are functional aspects such as convenient handling and operation important, but also the effect that is communicated through high-quality design.”

Apart from point-of-sale persuasion, how much of that 'high-quality design communication effect' will improve your images shot with it? 5%? 25% not at all? How much cheaper would the lens be if unshackled from this design overkill and its costs?

'becoming design objects in and of themselves' - sounds suspiciously close to 'objet de vertu, in which vertu is intended to suggest rich materials and a higher standard of refined facture and finish, and would typically exclude objects with a practical function, being restricted to "collector's pieces" that are purely decorative.'

A sad development, the day Carl Zeiss lost the plot, when techical excellence became well, not quite enough.

Mar 07, 2013 at 04:08 AM
philip_pj
• • • •
p.828 #4 · p.828 #4 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

But think of all the other photographers who will recognise the lens, having been 'communicated to by its design', and the status that will confer on you as the owner..think *how good* you will look brandishing this one in front of the other guys with a flourish, lol. Much more fun than taking photographs!

Mar 07, 2013 at 04:12 AM
akul
• • •
p.828 #5 · p.828 #5 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

There is nothing wrong with a good product design. Actually, as a concept, it is very important. On the other hand, whether I agree with their aesthetics is a different story. Once again, I would need to hold it in my hand to decide. From photos, it looks like a AF video lens.

Mar 07, 2013 at 04:18 AM
frezeiss
• • •
p.828 #6 · p.828 #6 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

hmm..good to know that the new Zeiss will be out of reach so I wont have to worry about it

Anyways, excellent photos on the last page! A week ago, I decided to give the D700 a spin a long affair with the XE-1. These are taken either with ZF 21, 35 or 100 MP.

Mar 07, 2013 at 04:56 PM
Ronny _Olsson
• • • •
p.828 #7 · p.828 #7 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Great shot everyone

Zeiss 85 P taken at 1.4

Carl Zeiss 1.4/85 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Mar 07, 2013 at 05:37 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.828 #8 · p.828 #8 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Frezeiss, love that kid portrait. Eyes are striking.

Mar 07, 2013 at 05:49 PM
Samuli Vahonen
• • •
p.828 #9 · p.828 #9 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great shot everyone

Zeiss 85 P taken at 1.4

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8521/8536385589_97e24fb856_b.jpg
Carl Zeiss 1.4/85 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Ronny, best photo of dog I have seen in my life - dog look almost like clued on top of the background, hovering in air and front paws are in funny/awkward position.

Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 @ f/8, 1/250s, ISO 100 - larger

Mar 07, 2013 at 06:04 PM
Ronny _Olsson
• • • •
p.828 #10 · p.828 #10 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Thanks Samuli !! It means a lot when it comes from someone who is so good that you are
makes me very happy

Mar 07, 2013 at 06:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mike reid
• • • •
p.828 #11 · p.828 #11 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

love the dog shot....stellar

Mar 08, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Ronny _Olsson
• • • •
p.828 #12 · p.828 #12 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Thanks Mike

Mar 08, 2013 at 06:05 AM
philip_pj
• • • •
p.828 #13 · p.828 #13 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

mike I first read that as something else...
OK, some CY '3.5/100' (to use the new official CZ nomenclature) bokeh shots:

Mar 08, 2013 at 06:10 AM
akul
• • •
p.828 #14 · p.828 #14 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

frezeiss - beautiful series!

Ronny - Amazing job !!

Mar 08, 2013 at 11:47 AM
joakim
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.828 #15 · p.828 #15 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Ronny, fantastic photo of your dog!

Mar 08, 2013 at 01:12 PM
frezeiss
• • •
p.828 #16 · p.828 #16 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Michael, Luka.. thanks!

A couple more, tripod stuff. D700 + ZF 21

Mar 08, 2013 at 03:45 PM
frezeiss
• • •
p.828 #17 · p.828 #17 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Dooh, I think flickr alteres the file quality in some way

Mar 08, 2013 at 03:47 PM
user222
• • •
p.828 #18 · p.828 #18 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Nice set frezeiss. The tropical beach scenes are so inviting as I try to push through this NW winter.

Fabulous work with the 85 Ronny. The set of your daughter is lovely, and that capture of your dog is off the charts.

Mar 08, 2013 at 10:50 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.828 #19 · p.828 #19 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

rscheffler wrote:
Don't get your hopes up Carsten. Zeiss just won an iF design award for the 55/1.4. Also for a couple of the upcoming mirrorless system lenses, which have the same looking rubber rings.

Quote: The high-end SLR lens [55/1.4] that will come on the market at the end of 2013 reflects the new design language the best: the funnel-shaped form, a surface that is soft to the touch, the optimized focus ring and other details will contribute to even better manageability and an unmistakable look.

Martin Dominicus, Head of Marketing of the Carl Zeiss Camera Lens Division, says: “For the first time,
...Show more

I guess I would live with the focusing ring if it really came down to it, but that is definitely a minus in my mind. I want some texture there so I don't have to think about whether it will grip, even if this smooth ring does grip. Why mess with perfection?

I am highly undecided about this lens. The few shots I have seen appeal to me, but I am not sure what I would do with it. I guess I need to see lots and lots of samples to decide if it would do anything for my photography. I am not sure that I would shoot so wide open much any more, and the ZF Planar is fantastic stopped down already.

If there is some 3D look to the results, that would help along my decision considerably

Essentially, this lens would have to be an improved drop-in replacement for the Planar for me to really want it. If not, it would be another lens, and I am unsure.

Mar 08, 2013 at 11:01 PM
R.Young
• • •
p.828 #20 · p.828 #20 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Great stuff frezeiss

21 ZE:

Loch Lomond by Rob.Young, on Flickr

Mar 09, 2013 at 12:31 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password