Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              811      
812
       813              973       974       end
  

ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)
  
 
Cadaver
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.812 #1 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


John, nice shot with the ZE25/2.8. For a lens with some not so great reviews, it produces some great images. I think it's a sleeper in the Zeiss lineup.


Jan 14, 2013 at 12:31 AM
rji2goleez
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.812 #2 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


More from my weekend shoot in an old building . . .



Bob Israel 2012

  Canon EOS 5D Mark III    Zeiss Distagon T* 1.4/35 ZE lens    35mm    f/6.3    1s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  





Bob Israel 2012

  Canon EOS 5D Mark III    Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 ZE lens    100mm    f/2.0    1/25s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  





Bob Israel 2012

  Canon EOS 5D Mark III    Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 ZE lens    100mm    f/2.0    1/13s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  





Bob Israel 2012

  Canon EOS 5D Mark III    Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/15 ZE lens    15mm    f/8.0    1/4s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  





Bob Israel 2012

  Canon EOS 5D Mark III    Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/15 ZE lens    15mm    f/8.0    100 ISO  




Jan 14, 2013 at 01:49 AM
JSPHOTOS
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.812 #3 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


Great series Bob! I haven't seen the old Bellsouth logo in a long time. It is Bellsouth, correct?
Truly enjoying my Zeiss 100mm. The 15mm will be in my future, no doubt.



Jan 14, 2013 at 02:13 AM
rji2goleez
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.812 #4 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


JSPHOTOS wrote:
Great series Bob! I haven't seen the old Bellsouth logo in a long time. It is Bellsouth, correct?
Truly enjoying my Zeiss 100mm. The 15mm will be in my future, no doubt.


This building is old enough that it is probably Ma Bell before the split. The building is in Minneapolis, MN.



Jan 14, 2013 at 02:16 AM
JSPHOTOS
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.812 #5 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


@Bob - The 3D effect of the last photo in your series along with the detail, shadows and colors are amazing. You continue to make something that could be so mundane speak volumes and come to life. Fantastic work. Have a great week!


Jan 14, 2013 at 03:50 AM
rji2goleez
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.812 #6 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


JSPHOTOS wrote:
@Bob - The 3D effect of the last photo in your series along with the detail, shadows and colors are amazing. You continue to make something that could be so mundane speak volumes and come to life. Fantastic work. Have a great week!


Wow, thanks a lot for that comment. I have to admit, the Zeiss 15mm is an amazing lens.



Jan 14, 2013 at 04:03 AM
akul
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.812 #7 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


Thank you !!


MJ - Great to see your work here again. Beautiful BW.
John- Great night ( morning ) shot of Picadilly Circus. It is a bit eery with no one in there. Or HDR erased them?
Jochen - Beautiful composition and light.
Martynas- Gorgeous shot. Hat is adding period feel to it. Very nice.







Jan 14, 2013 at 04:11 AM
akul
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.812 #8 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


Bob - #4 - the symmetry work, is stunning. Love it.


Jan 14, 2013 at 04:13 AM
Jochenb
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.812 #9 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


akul wrote:
Bob - #4 - the symmetry work, is stunning. Love it.


+1 That 4th one might be my favorite from your whole series Bob. Nice work.



Jan 14, 2013 at 08:02 AM
Rodluvan
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.812 #10 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


I haven't been around much lately, but it's great to see that you guys are still going and that the inspiration is still there. It's interesting to see especially Bob Israel's architectural work as the curvature of almost all Zeiss lenses except for 1.4/85 (and almost 1.4/50 and 1.4/35) is a bit bothersome for this kind of work imo. If the 15mm photos are not corrected I'm very impressed by it.

Here are a few
28D @ f/2


50P @2


28D @11


If I could make a request, it would be to see more 2.8/25 photos.



Jan 14, 2013 at 12:10 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



rji2goleez
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.812 #11 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


Rodluvan wrote:
I haven't been around much lately, but it's great to see that you guys are still going and that the inspiration is still there. It's interesting to see especially Bob Israel's architectural work as the curvature of almost all Zeiss lenses except for 1.4/85 (and almost 1.4/50 and 1.4/35) is a bit bothersome for this kind of work imo. If the 15mm photos are not corrected I'm very impressed by it.


I can tell you that I haven't done any more correction other than to check the lens profile box in Lightroom v4. Other than that, I might make a vertical adjustment if I missed my alignment in the first place but that's all. I haven't found the need to go further.

Stunning work yourself. I love the first two images . . . the clarity is amazing.



Jan 14, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Rodluvan
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.812 #12 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


rji2goleez wrote:
I can tell you that I haven't done any more correction other than to check the lens profile box in Lightroom v4. Other than that, I might make a vertical adjustment if I missed my alignment in the first place but that's all. I haven't found the need to go further.

Stunning work yourself. I love the first two images . . . the clarity is amazing.


Ok, thanks. I don't use LR, I only use CNX2 and PS. Have you downloaded profile for each lens to LR, or how does it figure out the distortion?



Jan 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM
rji2goleez
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.812 #13 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


Rodluvan wrote:
Ok, thanks. I don't use LR, I only use CNX2 and PS. Have you downloaded profile for each lens to LR, or how does it figure out the distortion?


The profiles are built into Lightroom. This is why they come out with periodic upgrades within a version . . . to add cameras and lenses to the profiles. Legacy lenses are typically not included. So, won't find corrections for the CY85 or other CY lenses, for example.



Jan 14, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Ronny _Olsson
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.812 #14 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


Great shots Daniel och Bob


Jan 14, 2013 at 05:32 PM
Rodluvan
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.812 #15 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great shots Daniel och Bob


Thanks!

Now, how's this for flair control?

21D @5.6








Jan 14, 2013 at 07:39 PM
JSPHOTOS
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.812 #16 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


Great shots everyone. Another hit-n-run by me today. So sorry but "life" has me running wild. It's driving me crazy as I want to spend some time with this amazing lens. Soon...

100 f/2


Lamp by jimservies | photography, on Flickr



Jan 15, 2013 at 02:44 AM
Reagan
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.812 #17 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


rji2goleez wrote:
This building is old enough that it is probably Ma Bell before the split. The building is in Minneapolis, MN.



I believe the Bell logo is post 1983 that's when Judge Green broke up the Bell System
I worked under that Bell Logo for 38 years Southern Bell, Bell South, and The hated ATT
All in Florida. The color Scheme of Blue /Yellow was after 1983 The early Colors were a drab Green and Gold when it was the Bell System including Bell Labs, Western Electric, and the early ATT (good guys)
Excellent Series Bob, Hope you all don't mind the history lesson

Reagan


By the way I grew up in Knoxville Go Vols!


Edited on Jan 15, 2013 at 04:25 AM · View previous versions



Jan 15, 2013 at 02:57 AM
rji2goleez
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.812 #18 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


Reagan wrote:
I believe the Bell logo is post 1983 that's when Judge Green broke up the Bell System
I worked under that Bell Logo for 38 years Southern Bell, Bell South, and The hated ATT
All in Florida. The color Scheme of Blue /Yellow was after 1983 The early Colors were a drab Green and Gold when it was the Bell System including Bell Labs, Western Electric, and the early ATT (good guys)
Excellent Series Bob, Hope you all don't mind the history lesson

Reagan


Much appreciated!



Jan 15, 2013 at 03:40 AM
JSPHOTOS
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.812 #19 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


Yes, thanks Reagan. Great info! Great to hear you're a Knoxville boy too! Click on my flickr link and look at the photo in my stream just before the one I posted here. Hopefully, you'll appreciate it and make you a little home-sick too. Do you ever make it back this way?

Edit: Go Vols!



Jan 15, 2013 at 04:34 AM
bruni
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.812 #20 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)


a salute to the Lautrec exhibition - which is unfortunately not coming to Sydney

ben


QVB - zeiss 35mm f2 by benmorgan28, on Flickr


QVB - zeiss 100mm f 2 by benmorgan28, on Flickr



Jan 15, 2013 at 08:09 AM
1       2       3              811      
812
       813              973       974       end




FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              811      
812
       813              973       974       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password