New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              352      
       354              1018       1019       end

ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Picture This!
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.353 #1 · p.353 #1 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Nice shot James. I just received my 100MP Zf .2 as well :-)

May 16, 2011 at 11:53 PM
rscheffler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.353 #2 · p.353 #2 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Bobu wrote:
This weekend I was on photo event in germany where Zeiss had a booth. I talked to the guys from Oberkochen and they told me that the new 25ZE will probably be released this autumn. The main reason for the delay is the earthquake in Japan. The lens is ready for manufacturing, but they use some special glass that is only available from one certain factory in the earthquake region.
They also told me, that the 2.0/85ZM is not discontinued, they just removed it from their website due to the extremely long delivery time at the moment (> 15 month). The
...Show more

Wow, thanks for that info Boris - I was just thinking about the 85 f/2 today. Maybe I should order one and start saving...

I am disappointed though that there are apparently no plans for new ZM lenses. Perhaps the market is just too niche considering the success Zeiss is having with the ZE/ZF/ZA and cine lenses. But I'm still hoping for a ZM 35 f/1.4... eventually.

Regarding the new ZE/ZF 25, my Zeiss source says it will be f/2, FWIW.

Both M9 & ZM35C - München Hbf

May 17, 2011 at 12:50 AM
abhijeeth
• •
p.353 #3 · p.353 #3 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

atran, thanks, the first photo was taken by her so I'll relay the compliment .

It definitely helps that she too recognizes and enjoys the images coming from Zeiss glass! . But right now I am trying to keep my kit simple and down to just three primes - it is suiting me well for now.

James, the eyes look sharp! Enjoy your new toy!

Ron, the first one is nice. Strong, clean reds.

May 17, 2011 at 01:59 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.353 #4 · p.353 #4 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Mirek, akul, Rasmus, bpark, abhijeeth & Ron. Some really nice pics from you.

May 17, 2011 at 06:20 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.353 #5 · p.353 #5 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

ZE 21

May 17, 2011 at 07:15 AM
te4o
• •
p.353 #6 · p.353 #6 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Dear All,
After following your thread for more than a year, admiring all contributors, learning from all of you and being inspired, I decided to join and share some of my Zeiss ZE experiments. I just don't know how to upload them here or share them from my fresh Flickr account. I'd appreciate your help. Someone mentioned earlier that I don't need to pay-subscribe but just to link the photos to this page. Thank you!

te4o

Here's the link to one of my 100MP. I still use the Canon 40D, but sometimes borrow a 5D2 like here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/te4o/5729291551/in/photostream/

May 17, 2011 at 10:23 AM
akul
• • • •
p.353 #7 · p.353 #7 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

AhamB wrote:
When I look at the image info, I see this: 1,024px × 694px (scaled to 1,474px × 999px). That explains the blur. They're being stretched, so there is no pixel level detail.

Really strange. You are right. I don't know what caused it to stretch. I deleted original images from link, re-upload and changed link. Now it is sized properly. That was weird. I must have hit some button with my sleepy eyes. Strange thing is that when I use Exif viewer on Safari, it only gave me 1024, no stretch info. What app did you use to get that info ??

Edited on May 17, 2011 at 11:08 AM · View previous versions

May 17, 2011 at 10:46 AM
akul
• • • •
p.353 #8 · p.353 #8 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

te4o wrote:
Dear All,
After following your thread for more than a year, admiring all contributors, learning from all of you and being inspired, I decided to join and share some of my Zeiss ZE experiments. I just don't know how to upload them here or share them from my fresh Flickr account. I'd appreciate your help. Someone mentioned earlier that I don't need to pay-subscribe but just to link the photos to this page. Thank you!

te4o

Here's the link to one of my 100MP. I still use the Canon 40D, but sometimes borrow a 5D2 like here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/te4o/5729291551/in/photostream/

Welcome to the thread. Here is how I do it. In your flickr account, go to the 'large size' 1024 size shown, ( not the portal image which does not link to the actual image) Then right click, and 'copy image address' then paste the address and paste. It seems to do the job for most of the time, but that is not ideal, as some people may still not be able to see the image.
Ideally place bracketed img and /imge before. I can't directly show here as it will translate as a link to image. So what I mean is to place '['img']' without ' , before the address, and '['/img']' after the address again without '. You would just put leftbraket img right bracket, left bracket /imag right bracket.

Edited on May 17, 2011 at 11:03 AM · View previous versions

May 17, 2011 at 10:51 AM
te4o
• •
p.353 #9 · p.353 #9 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Aha, right, so let me scare you with some more... Australia is full of these creatures.
I live in Northern NSW.
100MP

Unfortunately you can't see the 100% magnification where all droplets reflect me behind the camera...

May 17, 2011 at 11:00 AM
alkanphel
• •
p.353 #10 · p.353 #10 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Alternatively you can just grab the BB code that Flickr provides for the image and paste it directly in the Quick Reply box, which is what I do.

Great photo of the spider btw, why not do a 100% crop of a droplet just to show us?

May 17, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

akul
• • • •
p.353 #11 · p.353 #11 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

alkanphel - thanks for jumping in. I don't use flickr so that was a bit convoluted.

te40 - nice image. Why not also put your gekko image from flickr too ?? You can always 'edit' your post after the fact, in csae you have not noticed.

RZetter - Gorgeous photos from toscana. Door knocker is stunning. Was the 4th shot Duomo ? I used to go to Italy every year, you are waking up the bug.

bpark42 - Stunning shots of dirty chair. I love the first one. I really like the way how it goes out of focus. Was this shot in a unused prison or something ??

abhijeeth - beautiful sun set shot.

atran - You got the focus quite well. Too bad there was not enough light to illuminate the face of the musician.

James Burden - Great shot of cats eye.

Ron - Wow stunning color ! Love the #1 with shaft of light, red train and blue sky. Great shot.

Lars - Nice shot.

100 MP - hope this does not resize iteself !!!!

May 17, 2011 at 11:20 AM
te4o
• •
p.353 #12 · p.353 #12 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

OK, it works, at least I can see the image, THANK YOU AKUL !
Another "deadly" creature... actually these are harmless as long as they have legs... I admire the drawing (as you guys say) of the Zeiss 100MP

5D2, CZ ZE 100MP @2.8, 1/400, cropped, unprocessed

And some sunflowers' evolution as seen with the
40D, CZ 50MP @2

I feel somehow uplifted participating here. It's my first blogging experience.
100% crop - good idea! Didn't occur to me - I am a bit beyond the "smart age", I'll try!

May 17, 2011 at 11:24 AM
te4o
• •
p.353 #13 · p.353 #13 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Here is the 100% crop.

May 17, 2011 at 11:30 AM
RZetter
• •
p.353 #14 · p.353 #14 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

akul wrote:
RZetter - Gorgeous photos from toscana. Door knocker is stunning. Was the 4th shot Duomo ? I used to go to Italy every year, you are waking up the bug.

Yup, it's Duomo in Florence. The church in so incredibly big that I was only able to take "detail shots" since my widest lens was 35mm.

May 17, 2011 at 11:35 AM
mortyb
• • •
p.353 #15 · p.353 #15 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Nice shots, te4o.

May 17, 2011 at 11:44 AM
philber
• • • • •
p.353 #16 · p.353 #16 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

mortyb wrote:
Nice shots, te4o.

+1! What he writes..

Ron, lovely scenes from Florence!

May 17, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.353 #17 · p.353 #17 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Lovely sunflowers

May 17, 2011 at 11:59 AM
te4o
• •
p.353 #18 · p.353 #18 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Thank you very much! I admire your knowledge, understanding and mastership of the Zeiss line-up! I am just starting but it is good to have teachers like you!

My set-up is a 40D, the 21ZE, the two MPs and the marvelous light of subtropical NSW, Australia. I lived in Eastern Europe for 20 yrs and in Germany for another 20 but the climate and light conditions here are unmatched. Still, photography is not my profession. So, thank you for your welcome!

Stefan

PS. It's night here, so I am going...

May 17, 2011 at 12:14 PM
bpark42
• • •
p.353 #19 · p.353 #19 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Lars Johnsson wrote:
Mirek, akul, Rasmus, bpark, abhijeeth & Ron. Some really nice pics from you.

akul wrote:
bpark42 - Stunning shots of dirty chair. I love the first one. I really like the way how it goes out of focus. Was this shot in a unused prison or something ??

Thank you both. The shots were taken at the Ohio State Reformatory, otherwise known as the Mansfield Reformatory. Several television shows and movies have been shot there since it closed 20 or so years ago.

Here are a couple more shots:

power by bpark_42, on Flickr

bars by bpark_42, on Flickr

-Brandon

May 17, 2011 at 02:59 PM
Elisemkii

p.353 #20 · p.353 #20 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

D700 + 100mm zf2

Ciao

Alberto

May 17, 2011 at 09:34 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password