New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              351      
       353              1018       1019       end

ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Mirek Elsner
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.352 #1 · p.352 #1 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

ZE 21

May 15, 2011 at 10:21 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.352 #2 · p.352 #2 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

I don't really have any horse in the race regarding forum schism.

But a few observations are that this ZE/ZF/ZM thread can't contain all the interest or diversity of the Zeiss lenses in other formats or of historical interest and current use.

The horse is already out of the barn, and while this might remain the prime Zeiss thread for most, there are already plenty of alternates. I, for one, have posted several threads on Zeiss lenses I've recently acquired. I didn't feel they were appropriate for this thread and I didn't have any particular interest or hope of them extending into perpetuity.

Carsten -- I would suggest you retitle your thread to reflect that it covers all Zeiss lenses and use, except for the ZE/ZF/ZM. That will ensure a reduced tension level and make it easier for posters to decide which main thread to post in, or whether they should undertake opening their own smaller thread.

It's too bad Zeiss isn't more common or popular amongst photographers, or else it could have its own forum with plenty of specialized threads. But it is no Canon or Nikon, to be able to sustain that much involvement of members.

There are topics I am interested in, such as comparisons of Zeiss against Canon, Nikon, and other lenses, that don't fit in either this thread or Carsten's, and I'd like to see more of such technical comparisons, or simple image postings.

May 15, 2011 at 11:48 PM
akul
• • • •
p.352 #3 · p.352 #3 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

sangdabom - I like the last two shots. Agree with Philber, I like the door shot a lot
Bob - Great night shot from China. Man, you are in all over the world.
abhijeeth - Nice shots. #3 #4 are very lovely
Harrison - Great B/W shots. All wonderful shots, but my favorites are from #3 on. They somehow speak to me very stongly.

** Edited - Image reposted for proper sizing **

100MP

Edited on May 17, 2011 at 10:42 AM · View previous versions

May 16, 2011 at 02:20 AM
philber
• • • • •
p.352 #4 · p.352 #4 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Lovely shot, Mirek!
Akul, I love your work! You have an ability to "make lemonade when all you have is lemons", which I wish I had. Your last shot in particular is great fun!

May 16, 2011 at 05:54 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.352 #5 · p.352 #5 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Great brick shot, Akul! (Isn't your name Luka as well? I thought I remembered that).

Jim, I think you have a point, although I don't want to stop anyone from posting ZF/ZE shots in the other Zeiss thread (that was one of the main points), so I have to think about the wording, and see if I can come up with something.

May 16, 2011 at 07:08 AM
AhamB
• • • • •
p.352 #6 · p.352 #6 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Gunzorro wrote:
There are topics I am interested in, such as comparisons of Zeiss against Canon, Nikon, and other lenses, that don't fit in either this thread or Carsten's, and I'd like to see more of such technical comparisons, or simple image postings.

Lots of interesting comparisons have been done, but you need to search the archives to find them. Perhaps what this forum needs is some kind of up/down voting system to make the really informative threads/posts stand out more. I have a collection of bookmarks myself, but I forget to bookmark things too often.

@akul: Nice shots, but they are all blurry. Are they all not sharpened on purpose?

May 16, 2011 at 08:46 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.352 #7 · p.352 #7 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

ZE 100 MP

May 16, 2011 at 01:30 PM
alundeb
• • • • •
p.352 #8 · p.352 #8 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Lars, that last one is hilarious, looks like a shower head full of eyes searching all over the place
What is it?

May 16, 2011 at 01:41 PM
akul
• • • •
p.352 #9 · p.352 #9 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Philppe, Carsten, Aham - Thanks for your comments.

Philippe - I like to draw stuff from little things that are that surrounds me. When it comes to landscape, much to learn.

Carsten - Yes, Luka with a K. akul is just spelled backwards

Aham- Yeah, first shot especially appear quite bad isn't it? Hmm.. Much more so than I remember when I was working on it from few late nights ago. I was sort of shocked how blurry it looked on web page this morning. Well, yes, I have been experimenting with less and less sharpening gradually, it seems I pushed that experiment a bit too much along with something else that I did. I need to check it when I get home tonight. Sorry for the eye sore. Brick shot, well, it is a very thin focus with a little hand shake. I somehow don't mind the way how it came out on that one.

Lars - Wow, what a bizarre plant. I second to alundeb, what is it

Edited on May 16, 2011 at 02:09 PM · View previous versions

May 16, 2011 at 02:06 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.352 #10 · p.352 #10 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

It's a Lotus flower. But it's old and the flower is gone. They look like this before.

May 16, 2011 at 02:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

akul
• • • •
p.352 #11 · p.352 #11 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Lars Johnsson wrote:
It's a Lotus flower. But it's old and the flower is gone. They look like this before.

That is quite thought provoking. A moment of beauty in life, move on.

May 16, 2011 at 02:12 PM
abhijeeth
• •
p.352 #12 · p.352 #12 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Hmm.. two new things for me today:
1. "akul <--> luka" :hadn't observed that before! :-)
2. Lars : didn't know that the lotus flowers look like that after they lose all the petals. Very interesting to look at and a little bit funny as well. They do look like lots of eyes!

May 16, 2011 at 04:51 PM
prosep
• •
p.352 #13 · p.352 #13 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Lars Johnsson wrote:
ZE 100 MP
http://www.pbase.com/larsjohnsson/image/134311194/original.jpg

Lars, awesome image.

As per my knowledge, this is lotus seed pod/head, pretty infamous for being one of very few things to create trypophobia in certain people.

May 16, 2011 at 05:53 PM
AhamB
• • • • •
p.352 #14 · p.352 #14 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

akul wrote:
Aham- Yeah, first shot especially appear quite bad isn't it? Hmm.. Much more so than I remember when I was working on it from few late nights ago. I was sort of shocked how blurry it looked on web page this morning.

When I look at the image info, I see this: 1,024px 694px (scaled to 1,474px 999px). That explains the blur. They're being stretched, so there is no pixel level detail.

For those wondering about akul's user name: I remember he reversed his name in order not to cause mixup with denoir, who was already often being addressed as Luka (his real name).

May 16, 2011 at 06:01 PM
RZetter
• •
p.352 #15 · p.352 #15 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

akul wrote:
RZetter - Beautiful toscana shots #2 is my fav

alkanphel wrote:
RZetter: Breathtaking shots! Esp #1, 2 & 5!

abhijeeth wrote:
RZetter: I missed out earlier, but shots 5 & 7 are my picks, very nice!

Thanks guys! Here are some more from the same trip, all ZE35.

I may have oversharpened some of these. Oh well.

May 16, 2011 at 07:13 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.352 #16 · p.352 #16 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Gunzorro wrote:
Carsten -- I would suggest you retitle your thread to reflect that it covers all Zeiss lenses and use, except for the ZE/ZF/ZM. That will ensure a reduced tension level and make it easier for posters to decide which main thread to post in, or whether they should undertake opening their own smaller thread.

I have now renamed it "Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion (see also ZE/ZF/ZM thread)", but due to the forum width limitation, you only see "Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion...". I guess it was not meant to be.

May 16, 2011 at 07:36 PM
bpark42
• • •
p.352 #17 · p.352 #17 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

I've fallen behind on this thread again...need to catch up when I have more time.

For now, a couple from this weekend: 5D2 + 35/2

Untitled by bpark_42, on Flickr

Untitled by bpark_42, on Flickr

May 16, 2011 at 07:53 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.352 #18 · p.352 #18 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Ha-ha! We do what we can!

May 16, 2011 at 08:45 PM
abhijeeth
• •
p.352 #19 · p.352 #19 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

RZetter, #1 and #5 are my picks although I am curious to see #1 would be in color.

Couple more shots below from the 50MP. First one taken by my wife, co-listed on my copyright info and another nature/travel photography enthusiast & an MF/Zeiss fan - makes life a lot easier in several ways !

1. I remember she wanted somewhat of a postcard look here and also a slightly cleaner foreground.

2. "Sweet revenge"

I was trying to see how the MP renders at mid-to-far distances. It is decent but I realized that I have a slight soft spot [no pun intended] for the planar designs [50 & 85] at such distances.

May 16, 2011 at 10:31 PM
atran
• •
p.352 #20 · p.352 #20 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Great sunset pictures abhijeeth, does your wife allow you to go forward now with more Zeiss after you let her try them out herself
Here is mine for today, nailing focus in lowlight is still quite difficult I need more practices

May 16, 2011 at 10:45 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password