Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              282      
       284              994       995       end

ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

joakim
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.283 #1 · p.283 #1 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Bob, #1 is great. Good choice of perspective.

Dec 21, 2010 at 06:47 AM
kosmoskatten
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.283 #2 · p.283 #2 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Bob #1 is awesome. I have NEVER liked the 35mm focal length much at all but that shot has me liking the perspective/focal length, in that very shot. Hmm, it almost makes me want one! Great shot and perspective.

Dec 21, 2010 at 07:39 AM
Diploneis
• •
p.283 #3 · p.283 #3 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Great images everyone!

Here is one live reportage from my back-garden on lunar eclipse...

Dec 21, 2010 at 08:07 AM
joakim
• • •
p.283 #4 · p.283 #4 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Nice Diploneis, I only had an overcast sky to look at.

Dec 21, 2010 at 08:24 AM
philber
• • • • •
p.283 #5 · p.283 #5 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Bob, your set is brilliant! I agree with KK about the first shot.

Dec 21, 2010 at 09:18 AM
dennysfm

p.283 #6 · p.283 #6 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

rsolti13, Thank You.

Philber, You are right. It shines when focus from close to mid distance, thats where most of my shots are! But I will try to do more infinity shots. Btw beautiful pics of yours as well.

rji2goleez, You will love this little camera Im using it as a compact alt to my 5d2. I just wished its a full frame sensor

Diploneis, beautiful image!

More Nex+18zm images...

Dec 21, 2010 at 10:53 AM
rji2goleez
• • • •
p.283 #7 · p.283 #7 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Thanks for the comments to my recent set.

Kosmoskatten - I've come to like the 35 very much. I'm finding it's also one of the easiest lens to use in the series.

Diploneis - Nice capture. We had snow last night so overcast skies.

Dennysfm - love the last image!

By the way, I didn't know the side effects of coffee.

Dec 21, 2010 at 12:37 PM
akul
• • •
p.283 #8 · p.283 #8 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

rsolti13, Philber - Thank you !!

Dennysfm - Great shots with NEX. Color, detail, composition. Wonderful. Portrait on the first batch is my most favorite, and the last on on second, a woman on a beach for its mood and composition, but others are all beautiful too. I'd love to learn your pp secret with NEX

kosmoskatten - Thank you so much for the Swedish lesson. Is it a 'sweet' type, or more 'savory' type ? I imagine it is the latter. Also, are the one in Denoir's picture christams time only ?? You can probably tell I love food

Philber - Wonderful shots. Looking at your landscape shots from Bavaria, I had the same question you are posing. I will be very interested in finding out what you find out.

Bob - Magificient yellow series. Great color on all of them. Love the bokeh on the first one, composition on the second, and the light on the building on the third. I hope you did not get in trouble with the guard dogs on duty

Diploneis- That moon shot is so wonderfully three dimensional. Beautiful shot. You must have been frozen taking that picture in Colorado

So, we ( as this would be a shared cam with my wife, but from now on I will just say 'I' ) got an NEX-5 and Novoflex adapter from E to F (G). Novoflex, although it is quite expensive ( $ 300 !! ) it does go beyond infinity, at least with ZF35. WIll find out more with other lenses. Adapter is build very nicely, and with NEX's magnifying LIVE VIEW, this may be just fine. NEX is wonderfully small, and capable. Tricky part is the way it handles its files, color is vivid, but could be a little more nuanced. Closer shots are great. I don't know about the distance shots yet. These are just quick JPG shots from right after I got the adapter walking around during break.

All with ZF.2 35 with varying aperture and ISO 200.

focus on gutter

This shot was made easier by the tilted up screen and me facing away from the seagull to pretend I was not looking.

I am very pleased with this little camera. Distagon 35 is a tiny bit big for this little camera, but not too bad. Will explore more with different lenses.

Akul

Dec 21, 2010 at 01:33 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.283 #9 · p.283 #9 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Akul...that didn't take long. Great job for the first day out Shots 1 and 3 particularly you wouldn't even know that it wasn't a DSLR used. This NEX sure looks like an excellent option....I need to see if I can go try one of these out somewhere.

Everyone mentions how easy it is to focus, Akul, is that your feeling as well? I tried MF glass on some of the other m4/3 options and it seemed a little sluggish for me, is that the case with the NEX? Or is it instant to the LCD like it would be looking through a DSLR viewfinder?

Dec 21, 2010 at 02:11 PM
Mast3rChi3f
• •
p.283 #10 · p.283 #10 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Great stuff with the NEX.

85mm

Dec 21, 2010 at 02:36 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

akul
• • •
p.283 #11 · p.283 #11 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Oops, sorry guys for inadvertently post a gigantic image, I must have been half asleep when I processed it last night. Will replace with more decent size one later.

Hugo - That is a great capture with 85. Wonderful portrait.

rsolti13 wrote
Akul...that didn't take long. Great job for the first day out Shots 1 and 3 particularly you wouldn't even know that it wasn't a DSLR used. This NEX sure looks like an excellent option....I need to see if I can go try one of these out somewhere.

Thanks ! Well, I have been having an eye on it ever since I saw posts from Peire, and have been harassing Philber for a while since he got his NEX For us full frame Nikon shooters, the tiny pixel can be a bit of a surprise compare to big fat pixel of 12MP full frame sensors. I also noticed strong blue/purple fringing with ZF35 on a high contrasty edge at f2 with NEX, which might have something to do with the pixel density as well ( I've never seen this bad with D700 ) ?? And the way how SONY processes images seems quite different from Nikon, especially in color. I swung between D3100 and NEX for a while, and in terms of circuitry, I am sure D3100 would handle file processing better for my taste, but it can never beat the size of NEX. Tiltable LCD is wonderful.

Everyone mentions how easy it is to focus, Akul, is that your feeling as well? I tried MF glass on some of the other m4/3 options and it seemed a little sluggish for me, is that the case with the NEX? Or is it instant to the LCD like it would be looking through a DSLR viewfinder?

It is quite easy to focus especially with focus assist function, but, for street or moving subject it may be a bit slow or sometimes not possible as you would need to go back to full view to recompose. I have not noticed any 'lug' between real to LCD. It sure is a fun camera.

Akul

Dec 21, 2010 at 04:08 PM
hauxon
• • •
p.283 #12 · p.283 #12 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Here's one from the lunar eclipse this morning. ZE 2/28 wide open. I exposed seperately for the moon but the moon is small with a 28mm lens so I took an artistic licence to make the moon a bit larger than in reality The image was still needs some work but I figured it would be fitting to post it today.

Hrannar

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:54 PM
Diploneis
• •
p.283 #13 · p.283 #13 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

@ Hauxon - an amazing image! Extremely moody and otherworldly! I would crop the left side to the square (or near square) for more balanced composition (just my subjective personal opinion). Bravo!

Dec 22, 2010 at 03:09 AM
BennyR
• • •
p.283 #14 · p.283 #14 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

The image was still needs some work but I figured it would be fitting to post it today.

Very nice. Not sure about cropping the left side but I think it might benefit by reducing the vignetting in the corners. I think if they were lightened up a bit it would help. Great shot.

Dec 22, 2010 at 04:16 AM
philber
• • • • •
p.283 #15 · p.283 #15 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Brilliant shot, Hrannar!!!

Dec 22, 2010 at 05:21 AM
Tri Tran
• • • • •
p.283 #16 · p.283 #16 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Zeiss 21mm f2.8
Looks like it is a keeper

Zeiss 21mm1 by Anh Tri, on Flickr

Zeiss 21mm2 by Anh Tri, on Flickr

Zeiss 21mm3 by Anh Tri, on Flickr

Zeiss 21mm5 by Anh Tri, on Flickr

Zeiss 21mm4 by Anh Tri, on Flickr

Dec 22, 2010 at 06:35 AM
hauxon
• • •
p.283 #17 · p.283 #17 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Thanks. About cropping, I've thought about it but the lighthouse becomes very dominating if I crop the image. Also the perspective distortion looks stranger when cropped. Aferwards I'd like to be a bit further away but there were people there (and cars) I was trying not to include in the picture. I guess the vignetting feature of the lens does not help this image, I'll try correcting the corners, I didn't do it because it will give me some noise, and noise means work

Hrannar

Dec 22, 2010 at 07:33 AM
akul
• • •
p.283 #18 · p.283 #18 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Hrannar - I am usually not bothered by vignetting. It did not bother me. Stars and moon are beautifully captured. And what an interesting design for the light house, it looks like a rocket from 70's movies. Great shot. How do you like you 28? Have you taken aurora ??

Tri Tran - Those are beautiful trees. Sure looks like your 21 is a keeper I like the first two images the most.

Akul

Dec 22, 2010 at 12:07 PM
alundeb
• • • •
p.283 #19 · p.283 #19 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

hauxon wrote:
Thanks. About cropping, I've thought about it but the lighthouse becomes very dominating if I crop the image. Also the perspective distortion looks stranger when cropped. Aferwards I'd like to be a bit further away but there were people there (and cars) I was trying not to include in the picture. I guess the vignetting feature of the lens does not help this image, I'll try correcting the corners, I didn't do it because it will give me some noise, and noise means work

Hrannar

I really like that image and the composition works for me. I also think the vignetting in facct does help the image. The only thing I would do with it, is to lighten up the rocks down on the left hand side. Trust me, it makes wonders for the balance
And thanks for posting images taken with that lens, I really like to see them coming

Dec 22, 2010 at 12:10 PM
OneAnt
• • •
p.283 #20 · p.283 #20 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Edited on Dec 16, 2012 at 05:19 AM · View previous versions

Dec 22, 2010 at 02:58 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password