Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              280      
       282              988       989       end

ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Donuss

Upload & Sell: Off
p.281 #1 · p.281 #1 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Nr. 1+2 with my 100 ZF and the 3 with the 35 ZF

NIKON D700    100mm    f/3.2    1/500s    200 ISO    -0.3 EV  

NIKON D700    100mm    f/2.8    1/500s    1600 ISO    -0.7 EV  

NIKON D700    35mm    f/11.0    1/500s    200 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Dec 18, 2010 at 08:08 PM
JimboinTas

p.281 #2 · p.281 #2 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Luka - thanks, how curious! I've not travelled to Europe yet (and thus not seen it before), and it's not something we see here in Australia.

Dec 18, 2010 at 08:32 PM
photoArne
• • •
p.281 #3 · p.281 #3 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

D3x, 2/100 Makro/Planar

Dec 18, 2010 at 08:59 PM
photoArne
• • •
p.281 #4 · p.281 #4 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Same as above.

Dec 18, 2010 at 09:43 PM
photoArne
• • •
p.281 #5 · p.281 #5 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Last one with the 100mm Makro-Planar.

Dec 18, 2010 at 09:52 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.281 #6 · p.281 #6 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

dennysfm wrote:
Philber, Thank you. There is no color shift from the example above but it does appear sometimes in different light conditions. There is no doubt that my 5D2 with ZE glass will produce a better IQ but Im loving the Nex so far. The size and the live view makes it easy to capture landscape and candid people, I mean you can shoot from your waist with the tilt LCD without them noticing. Please excuse my English

those look fantastic! i especially like the second one.

Dec 18, 2010 at 11:29 PM
philber
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.281 #7 · p.281 #7 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Akul, Ryan, Edgars, Boris, Luka, thanks for the kind words! They are much appreciated. Interestingly, my NEX pictures seem to lose more, when I convert them to JPEG and downsize them for Web in LR than my 5D II in DPP. I need to get better about it, because the RAW pics from the NEX look really nice, whether on screen or in print. I should be getting a ZM 25 soon, and am thinking about getting a 4-lens-with-2-bodies setup, because carrying/shooting the NEX is just so easy.

Dec 19, 2010 at 04:07 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.281 #8 · p.281 #8 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

philber wrote:
Akul, Ryan, Edgars, Boris, Luka, thanks for the kind words! They are much appreciated. Interestingly, my NEX pictures seem to lose more, when I convert them to JPEG and downsize them for Web in LR than my 5D II in DPP. I need to get better about it, because the RAW pics from the NEX look really nice, whether on screen or in print. I should be getting a ZM 25 soon, and am thinking about getting a 4-lens-with-2-bodies setup, because carrying/shooting the NEX is just so easy.

i've never been happy with lightroom sharpening/downsizing. i currently export my NEX files from lightroom at full size with no sharpening and then downsize in photoshop using a script similar to luka's but with fewer downsizing sharpening steps (since there are fewer pixels). i always mean to spend some time fiddling with the different steps to perfect the process, but have never found the time.

Dec 19, 2010 at 06:15 AM
akul
• • •
p.281 #9 · p.281 #9 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Many beautiful shots from regulars as well as new people. Great !!

from pervious page

rexx714 - Very nice capture of a special moment. Arms around groom's neck make a very intersting pattern. Light subject in the middle, dark on the side, I like the composition very much.

jph1 - Nice light on the rock with 21mm.

dennysfm - Very nice shots with ZM18. Green with NEX seems very lush ( also thinking about the separate post by Bobu)

jshalvorsen - That first shot is gold !! That shot showcases how I love distagon 35. Clarity of color, detail, contrast, and beautiful transition from focused to out of focus.

philber - Beautiful shots of The Lourvre. I love them all, but first one stands out to me. I love the lamp post, I love the way how the building is illuminated softly and emerges from darkness. Great sky for all of them. From the NEX shots, I like the secon and the last one. PP issue you mentioned probably has the effect on my perception on the first one. To me, 5Dii shots look extremely smooth and no grain, Nex has feels like some fine grain mosquito noise, which may be a sharpening issue ? I am no expert, so I may be off. Love the composition on all though. Looking forward to see ZM25 shots !

gsoundtech - that is a stunning eye shot. D7000 looks very promising !

rende - Nice car portraits. 85 seems like a good focul length for cars. I like the choice for the background.

carstenw - fun shot of padlocks

Donuss - Pretty B/W shots. I love the composition of them all but I wish they were sized tiny tad larger. I wanted see more

photoArne - Great location. First shot is a stunning shot, but on my computer, something looks a little off. A bit flat in color. PP isue ? I am not sure. It may well be my screen. Second shot with forset in foreground does not have that. It is beautiful, and the last one, frozen winter berry is gorgeous. Beautiful texture of ice and color.

Akul

Dec 19, 2010 at 01:23 PM
photoArne
• • •
p.281 #10 · p.281 #10 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Thank you Akul. Regarding the first image it seems that I inadvertedly posted it in ProRGB which can look bleak on some monitors.
Here's a slightly tweaked version in sRGB.

Dec 19, 2010 at 05:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

AhamB
• • • • •
p.281 #11 · p.281 #11 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Lovely shots, Arne. The ProphotoRGB version looked better to me; the sRGB seems to have a different WB (the natural blue cast is gone). Looking at this in Firefox with colour managment enabled (gfx.color_management.mode 2).

Dec 19, 2010 at 05:47 PM
vallejo
• •
p.281 #12 · p.281 #12 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

After a long time watching and buying Zeiss because of what I saw here, guess it's time to start posting some stuff! Now I have the 21,35 and 100mm, will start with some from the 35/2.0...
Vallejo

Dec 19, 2010 at 06:36 PM
photoArne
• • •
p.281 #13 · p.281 #13 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

AhamB wrote:
Lovely shots, Arne. The ProphotoRGB version looked better to me; the sRGB seems to have a different WB (the natural blue cast is gone). Looking at this in Firefox with colour managment enabled (gfx.color_management.mode 2).

Thank you, AhamB. Yes, that's the main difference between the two versions. I'm using the same setup as you with Firefox, that's probably why I didn't notice the mistake. Kudos to Akul for spotting it.

Dec 19, 2010 at 08:46 PM
Makten
• • • •
p.281 #14 · p.281 #14 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

I've been enjoying film for a while, but here are some 50/1.4 shots from this afternoon. We've got more snow in Stockholm than usual, which in my opinion is nice.

The last one is ruined to some extent by the UV filter I had for protection.
Luckily, cold snow is dry, so there's no need for weather proof lenses.

Dec 19, 2010 at 10:02 PM
denoir
• • • •
p.281 #15 · p.281 #15 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

I beg to differ on the 'niceness' of the snow. I've been stuck indoors today with a new lens because I did not dare to go out with a camera that wasn't weather sealed.

Anyway, a couple of 18/4 ZM and 50 Sonnar shots from last week I think:

Dec 19, 2010 at 10:11 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.281 #16 · p.281 #16 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Makten wrote:
Luckily, cold snow is dry, so there's no need for weather proof lenses.

denoir wrote:
I've been stuck indoors today with a new lens because I did not dare to go out with a camera that wasn't weather sealed.

You Swedish guys need to get your story straight before posting here in front of all of us

Dec 19, 2010 at 10:40 PM
rji2goleez
• • • •
p.281 #17 · p.281 #17 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Well folks, glad to see you've been keeping this thing going with the quality of images staying at a level of pure awesomeness. I've been traveling for work and then sick with a nasty virus but finally got out to photograph Milwaukee this weekend.

Dec 20, 2010 at 01:40 AM
jfreak
• •
p.281 #18 · p.281 #18 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

All three are pure awesome.

Dec 20, 2010 at 01:47 AM
akul
• • •
p.281 #19 · p.281 #19 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

photoArne - I apologize that I was not able to explain. I viewed on two apple laptops and two desktop monitors. On desktop monitors the sRGB version looks better but on macbooks, it is not quite obviuos. To be honest, I am not sure whether the natural blue cast AhamB mentioned was what I was seeing or something else. Nevertheless, it is quite a beautiful shot.

vallejo - Love the cat. You caught quite a moment.

Makten - Great shots with 50. Hope you blew the snow out before it melted.

Bob - I was wondering where you were. Those night shots are superb.

Denoir - Wow, the first shot is great. Color on the last one is gorgeous !

I have been a bit busy lately so not much new. Compiled from last week and half.

All with ZF.2 100 / D700

Akul

Dec 20, 2010 at 05:44 AM
joakim
• • •
p.281 #20 · p.281 #20 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

akul, I love the composition, use of light and patterns in #2 and #3.

Dec 20, 2010 at 06:34 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password