Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules · Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2010 · #379 Three Sisters

Strad
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · #379 Three Sisters

My three daughters (from Right to Left) Csilla, Katalin, and Eva. I was lucky to get them to be willing to pose for me for a couple of minutes.

Edited on Jan 11, 2010 at 02:45 AM · View previous versions

Jan 10, 2010 at 05:25 AM
Benedictine
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · #379 Three Sisters

Endre my friend, what a fantastic image of three beautiful young ladies. There is so much I like about this image, most of all I think is the way you have captured mood and feeling; they are not smiling which for me increases the worth of the picture—I get a sense of intense inner emotion especially in the eyes of all three and in the subtle differences in facial expression. Csilla has a confident look about her that speaks volumes; Katalin is very thoughtful but I see in Eva something very deep, she has such a forlorn look, not sad but a beautiful intensity of feeling that draws my eyes to her time and time again.

"Was this the face that launch'd a thousand ships
And burnt the topless towers of Ilium?" (Christopher Marlowe, in Doctor Faustus )

L&P

Andrew-Bede

Jan 10, 2010 at 07:34 AM
Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · #379 Three Sisters

Thank you so much, Andrew-Bede, my friend! I appreciate your very comprehensive and insightful comments. All three are very different personalities and I am glad that I was able to capture those differences so clearly. Thanks, too, for the fascinating quote!!

L & P,

Endre

Benedictine wrote:
Endre my friend, what a fantastic image of three beautiful young ladies. There is so much I like about this image, most of all I think is the way you have captured mood and feeling; they are not smiling which for me increases the worth of the picture—I get a sense of intense inner emotion especially in the eyes of all three and in the subtle differences in facial expression. Csilla has a confident look about her that speaks volumes; Katalin is very thoughtful but I see in Eva something very deep, she has such a forlorn look, not sad
...Show more

Jan 10, 2010 at 07:59 AM
Navyblue
• • •
p.1 #4 · #379 Three Sisters

It looks sad, but, wow, a masterpiece.

Jan 10, 2010 at 11:44 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · #379 Three Sisters

I'm speechless. Again.....

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Jan 10, 2010 at 01:00 PM
Young Image
• • •
p.1 #6 · #379 Three Sisters

Over the years I have come to expect great images from you. You certainly have not disappointed here! Great job!!

Larry

Jan 10, 2010 at 02:05 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · #379 Three Sisters

Some people want to be (i.e. me) and some people are (Strad). This is another one of those shots that my mind would have never gone there on its own ...

Excellent image (on multiple levels), the kind that makes me want to crawl under a rock and never let anyone know that I've ever held a camera.

Jan 10, 2010 at 02:35 PM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · #379 Three Sisters

RustyBug wrote:
Excellent image (on multiple levels), the kind that makes me want to crawl under a rock and never let anyone know that I've ever held a camera.

I know what you mean.

happy shooting,
Yakim.

Jan 10, 2010 at 02:49 PM
Benedictine
• • •
p.1 #9 · #379 Three Sisters

Yakim Peled wrote:
I know what you mean.

happy shooting,
Yakim.

Me too! Endre is truly a master

Jan 10, 2010 at 03:06 PM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · #379 Three Sisters

Benedictine wrote:
Me too! Endre is truly a master

Yep. I call him 'Maestro of light'. There's no greater compliment I can give a photographer and there's no other photographer I nicked thus.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Jan 10, 2010 at 03:19 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Navyblue
• • •
p.1 #11 · #379 Three Sisters

RustyBug wrote:
This is another one of those shots that my mind would have never gone there on its own ...

+1

Jan 10, 2010 at 03:39 PM
CDalessandro
• • • •
p.1 #12 · #379 Three Sisters

What can I say that has not been said already...Bravo Endre,Well done!!!

Jan 10, 2010 at 04:00 PM
Beverly Guhl
• • • •
p.1 #13 · #379 Three Sisters

Magnificent, and what a treasure for you and the girls!!!! Love the lighting and the B&W. Bravo!

Jan 10, 2010 at 05:51 PM
joh400
• •
p.1 #14 · #379 Three Sisters

That is an outstanding shot and as a father of three has me thinking of how I might use that pose. I love everything about it--the lighting, the composition, the b&w, the eyes (wow), and, of course, the girls are each so beautiful but so different. Thank you for sharing it.

Jan 11, 2010 at 02:08 AM
Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · #379 Three Sisters

Thank you very much! I appreciate your very kind comment. As to it's looking sad - I don't see that but I can see how one might, in light of how most portraits always have the subjects paste on a smile whether or not they want to. That, coupled with the overall darkness of the setup, would give it a very serious overtone. Anyway, I'm really glad you like it!

All the best,

Endre

Navyblue wrote:
It looks sad, but, wow, a masterpiece.

Jan 11, 2010 at 03:36 AM
Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · #379 Three Sisters

Thanks so much, Yakim, my friend! You are always way too kind! Much appreciated, indeed!

Warm regards,

Endre

Yakim Peled wrote:
I'm speechless. Again.....

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Jan 11, 2010 at 03:37 AM
Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · #379 Three Sisters

Thank you, Larry. I really appreciate your kind comment. At this point, I guess people expect a lot from me so I do try not to disappoint.

All the best,

Endre

Young Image wrote:
Over the years I have come to expect great images from you. You certainly have not disappointed here! Great job!!

Larry

Jan 11, 2010 at 03:39 AM
Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · #379 Three Sisters

Oh, gosh, Rusty - you are way too kind! I appreciate your comments and am so glad you like this.

All best wishes,

Endre

RustyBug wrote:
Some people want to be (i.e. me) and some people are (Strad). This is another one of those shots that my mind would have never gone there on its own ...

Jan 11, 2010 at 03:42 AM
Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · #379 Three Sisters

Gee whizikers, Yakim and Adnrew-Bede. The two of you are way too much!

Same goes for you, NavyBlue...

Endre

Yakim Peled wrote:
Yep. I call him 'Maestro of light'. There's no greater compliment I can give a photographer and there's no other photographer I nicked thus.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Jan 11, 2010 at 03:44 AM
Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · #379 Three Sisters

Thank you, Carolyn, my friend! I always appreciate your very kind compliments on my work.

All best wishes,

Endre

CDalessandro wrote:
What can I say that has not been said already...Bravo Endre,Well done!!!

Jan 11, 2010 at 03:45 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password