Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2004 · Head suggestion!

marcus_yam
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Head suggestion!

Hey guys,

I currently have the Bogen 3001D tripod. I'm using the 3265 grip joystick head and I need something more secure in order to hold my longer lenses more stable. Does anyone know a good ball head that I can use on my tripod? Thank you!

Apr 03, 2004 at 03:49 AM
sgagnard
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Head suggestion!

I just purchased a Kirk BH-3 ballhead awhile back and love it. If you do a searchon google, you'll only find good reviews of it and it's bigger brother the BH-1. Here's a link to Kirks website:

Kirk Ballheads

Hope this helps,

Scott

Apr 03, 2004 at 10:34 AM
apatel
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Head suggestion!

If you are interested I have a Kirk BH-3 ballhead that I just purchased from Kirk (received on 3/19/2004). I am about to send it back because I realized that I don't really need it. If you want to save waiting for it two weeks I would be happy to sell it to you. Unfortunately, as I can get a full refund from Kirk I really can't sell it for less than I paid for it (239.95). Let me know if you are interested.

Aman

Apr 03, 2004 at 12:00 PM
sabrewolf

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Head suggestion!

You can also try to get the new Bogen joystick, the 322RC2, its supposed to be rated for 11 pounds and it has lower center of gravity when used horizontally

Apr 03, 2004 at 12:03 PM
Steve Tinetti
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Head suggestion!

I have a Bogan 3047 pan/tilt head available. Very good head. If you are interested, PM or Email me.
Steve

Apr 03, 2004 at 12:36 PM
Randman
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Head suggestion!

Hey,
I got the Kirk BH-3, and got rid of everything else! You can't go wrong...

Apr 03, 2004 at 01:00 PM
stevenD
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Head suggestion!

I love my BH-3...

Apr 03, 2004 at 11:28 PM
marcus_yam
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Head suggestion!

Hi,
I heard many good things about Kirk, and even though I want it, I have a budget. Perhaps around the networth of the new 3265's head. Thank you!

Apr 04, 2004 at 12:17 AM
msoo
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Head suggestion!

I have the joystick as well but bought the new Bogen joystick, the 322RC2. Nice piece of equipment. I love it. A lot of flexibility too.

- MS

Apr 04, 2004 at 02:04 AM
nutek
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Head suggestion!

I have just got the Kirk BH-3 too, it's a marvellous work of engineering! No more slippage when the main knob is tightened. It may be expensive in the short run, but the cost will even itself out in the long run. It's slightly cheaper than the Acratech too and comes with a universal plate (which the Acratech doesn't), so cost-wise you'll be saving around $50 there.

Apr 04, 2004 at 02:52 AM
marcus_yam
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Head suggestion!

Well, does anyone want to trade heads with me? With some cash of course...

Apr 04, 2004 at 09:43 AM
marcus_yam
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Head suggestion!

Does anyone know other heads that are good below $100?

Apr 08, 2004 at 02:55 AM
Brendan Getchel
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Head suggestion!

I own or have owned the following heads:

Kirk BH-1
Kirk BH-3
Arca Swiss B1/QR
Acratech "Ultimate"
Foba Superball
Gitzo Ballhead (forgot which number)
Novoflex MagicBall

Hands-down, period, finished business, no question about it, the Arca Swiss B1 is the best-of-breed. It's head and shoulders above all others. The Novoflex is a beastie and is pretty sweet as well, but very "odd" (if not the coolest head on the planet) and a little tough to use, especially when flopping into portrait with a camera mounted.

I started with the Kirk BH-1, but once I tried the AS B1 I was hooked and dumped the Kirk, even though it's a very nice head -- just don't try the AS after you get one

I also had a BH-3, which I bought after I got the Acratech Ultimate to check it out. Immediately I preferred the Acratech and ditched the BH-3 (which is also a good head).

However, if you want to buy your LAST ballhead -- EVER -- spend the few extra bucks on the Arca-Swiss B1 "Monoball."

Nothing else compares.

Brendan

Apr 08, 2004 at 10:10 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.