Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2009 · #374 Devotion to the memory...

Shutterslam
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #374 Devotion to the memory...

I sat in St. Patrick's Cathedral for an hour waiting for this photo to present itself. Hope you enjoy.

Dec 05, 2009 at 03:33 PM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #374 Devotion to the memory...

Absolutely stunning pic.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Dec 06, 2009 at 03:13 AM
Chad Schulz
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #374 Devotion to the memory...

I love the concept. But would prefer a shot with at least part of the person's face visible. The jacket is a distraction to the emotion the shot is trying to convey.

Chad

Dec 06, 2009 at 10:55 PM
af120835
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #374 Devotion to the memory...

Worth the wait, I love the colours in the image. I think Chad has a point though. Even still, great image

Andy

Dec 08, 2009 at 04:19 PM
teglis
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #374 Devotion to the memory...

Personally, I like the fact that the subject's back is turned. It adds to the great composition IMO. Best of luck!

Cheers,
Rich

Dec 08, 2009 at 07:51 PM
Shutterslam
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #374 Devotion to the memory...

I'm going to go the purist route and leave the photo alone. I went to post some edits earlier and for one reason or another FM wasn't having any of it.

I'll take that as a sign that the photo gods want this photo and let the chips fall where they may.

The photo aside, this entire experience has kind of rekindled a little fire in me. It took 3 days of dreaming to even come up with a concept to shoot then a trip to one of the busiest tourist destinations in New York City. It's hard to appreciate just how impossible it was to isolate a single subject in an environment like the one above when the church was literally packed with people. But after scouting out the area, I figured that spot would give me the best chance. So I sat, I waited, and I was ready when the image came along.

That whole experience was so much fun and I can't wait for the next assignment

Cheers.

ss

Dec 08, 2009 at 08:05 PM
Bill Sutherland
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #374 Devotion to the memory...

Shutterslam wrote:
I'm going to go the purist route and leave the photo alone. I went to post some edits earlier and for one reason or another FM wasn't having any of it.

I'll take that as a sign that the photo gods want this photo and let the chips fall where they may.

The photo aside, this entire experience has kind of rekindled a little fire in me. It took 3 days of dreaming to even come up with a concept to shoot then a trip to one of the busiest tourist destinations in New York City. It's hard to appreciate just how
...Show more

Well that's a fair amount of devotion on your part too.

Dec 09, 2009 at 01:22 AM
kmease
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #374 Devotion to the memory...

I certainly agree with Rich and Bill. I think the position of the person only adds to the image. Very nice shot, and well worth the determination and patience. Good luck.

Best Regards,
Kurt

Dec 09, 2009 at 12:20 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.