New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2009 · Epson 3800 power cleaning

J4644
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Epson 3800 power cleaning

Hi everyone,

Another question regarding the Epson 3800 and power cleaning. The manual states that you should have at least 50% ink capacity before you do a power clean. How much ink does this process use? Has anyone done a power clean with much less than 50% ink capacity? I have done 4 regular cleanings and the results are good. However, I still have a couple of gaps and am wondering if the power clean is worth it at this point and if I can do one with a couple of cartridges way below 50%, lets say 25% for the sake of argument.

Your input will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Nov 30, 2009 at 06:03 AM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Epson 3800 power cleaning

power cleaning will suck up something like 5-8% of a cart so I dont put much stock in their >50% statement.

One thing... if you are getting gaps and the like, do NOT just constantly do cleanings/power cleanings. wait a few hours or overnight between cycles. really, it works better that way.

Nov 30, 2009 at 09:24 AM
J4644
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Epson 3800 power cleaning

Hi Howard,

Thanks for the information. So, 50% is over kill for a buffer. The 5 - 8% sounds reasonable. I will wait before I do any other cleanings.

Thanks,

Jim

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:58 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.