Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              104      
105
       106              122       123       end
  

The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread
  
 
R.Young
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.105 #1 · p.105 #1 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


Good to hear. I've also removed the leitax mount and have shot a few rolls recently. Will post them later on but am planning on waiting till I have about 5 rolls or more to process at once. I actually prefer to use it on digital though. So much easier to focus with an eg-s screen than with the contax split screen, there is an element of the film process which I love though


Jan 22, 2013 at 09:45 PM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.105 #2 · p.105 #2 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


R.Young wrote:
Good to hear. I've also removed the leitax mount and have shot a few rolls recently. Will post them later on but am planning on waiting till I have about 5 rolls or more to process at once. I actually prefer to use it on digital though. So much easier to focus with an eg-s screen than with the contax split screen, there is an element of the film process which I love though


really? i find matte on my aria to be excellent for focusing better than any dslr screen i've used. the split prism appears to be useless for me with this lens though. which contax camera are you using?



Jan 22, 2013 at 10:08 PM
crazeazn
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.105 #3 · p.105 #3 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


my goodness that lady is gorgeous.


Jan 22, 2013 at 10:10 PM
mortyb
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.105 #4 · p.105 #4 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


Yes, she really is gorgeous.


Jan 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM
R.Young
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.105 #5 · p.105 #5 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


It's a 139Q. Not really matte. Just a split screen in the centre. Might look at an aria then!


Jan 22, 2013 at 10:36 PM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.105 #6 · p.105 #6 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


R.Young wrote:
It's a 139Q. Not really matte. Just a split screen in the centre. Might look at an aria then!


the aria has the split prism as well, i just ignore it. i should probably look into whether the screen is replaceable with a plain matte.



Jan 22, 2013 at 10:38 PM
zhangyue
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.105 #7 · p.105 #7 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


Young, a very beautiful portrait. A good 35MM portrait always give me a sense of realness than any 85/100mm can achieve. I especially like the way you process it.


Jan 22, 2013 at 11:10 PM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.105 #8 · p.105 #8 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


couple wide open closeups on velvia:





getting my film back has led me to the unsettling conclusion that my lens has fallen out of spec between batches of film. field curvature in the corners seems much more dramatic than in early rolls. not sure what could've happened, problem with the floating element? does anybody have any recommendations for places to service an AEG contax?



Jan 25, 2013 at 08:02 PM
crazeazn
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.105 #9 · p.105 #9 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


how the heck did u get that close to the bird?!


Jan 25, 2013 at 08:10 PM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.105 #10 · p.105 #10 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


crazeazn wrote:
how the heck did u get that close to the bird?!


in touristy areas you have to beat seagulls back with a stick to keep them from getting that close to you.



Jan 25, 2013 at 08:16 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



XsigmaSD
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.105 #11 · p.105 #11 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


Still learning this lens. It's been practically welded to my 6D, they seem to get along. This was @2.8







Jan 28, 2013 at 11:24 PM
ewadler
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.105 #12 · p.105 #12 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


Yes, I broke my lens, and I ran across a fellow who I randomly found as a recommendation to someone else on FM to fix their old Zeiss lens. He just finished the repair, and I am waiting for it to get back into my hands, but he fixed it. I am sure he could fix yours. I can wait and see what I think of the lens when I get it back, and then let you know if I would recommend him.

sebboh wrote:
couple wide open closeups on velvia:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8091/8415076450_af08f55f12_o.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8327/8415076476_dcc666685a_o.jpg

getting my film back has led me to the unsettling conclusion that my lens has fallen out of spec between batches of film. field curvature in the corners seems much more dramatic than in early rolls. not sure what could've happened, problem with the floating element? does anybody have any recommendations for places to service an AEG contax?




Jan 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.105 #13 · p.105 #13 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


ewadler wrote:
Yes, I broke my lens, and I ran across a fellow who I randomly found as a recommendation to someone else on FM to fix their old Zeiss lens. He just finished the repair, and I am waiting for it to get back into my hands, but he fixed it. I am sure he could fix yours. I can wait and see what I think of the lens when I get it back, and then let you know if I would recommend him.


that would be great, thanks!

out of curiosity what was wrong with your lens?



Jan 29, 2013 at 10:03 PM
ewadler
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.105 #14 · p.105 #14 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


sebboh wrote:
that would be great, thanks!

out of curiosity what was wrong with your lens?


You want me to go there, huh?

Well, I have the Rollei version and I had trouble finding a decent eos adapter. I finally got a reversible mount replacement from big_is on ebay. I finally realized that the holes were drilled in incorrect locations on the mount, but whilst trying to make the holes line up (which they wouldn't in a million years), I pushed the release pin too far into the lens, and the aperture got stuck open (not sure what happened internally). That is, the aperture ring turned freely, but when i turned it, the aperture didn't change, it appears as though, the ring became decoupled from the mechanism.
I started to disassemble the lens, but realized that I bought it for $500 (on Keh!!) in almost perfect condition, and I would never find another one at that price, and wouldn't forgive myself if I did something stupid. So, I decided to send it to someone who could.


Edited on Jan 29, 2013 at 11:31 PM · View previous versions



Jan 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM
mortyb
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.105 #15 · p.105 #15 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


C/Y








Jan 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.105 #16 · p.105 #16 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


ewadler wrote:
You want me to go there, huh?

Well, I have the Rollei version and I had trouble finding a decent eos adapter. I finally got a reversible mount replacement from big_is on ebay. I finally realized that the holes were drilled in incorrect locations on the mount, but whilst trying to make the holes line up (which they wouldn't in a million years), I pushed the release pin too far into the lens, and the aperture got stuck open (not sure what happened internally). That is, the aperture ring turned freely, but when i turned it, the aperture didn't change,
...Show more

ah thanks, let me know how it went.

here is a couple shots to bump the thread:

on film:



on a NEX:





Feb 07, 2013 at 12:02 AM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.105 #17 · p.105 #17 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


You have got to be kiddin'! What is that thing??


Feb 07, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Jochenb
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.105 #18 · p.105 #18 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


carstenw wrote:
You have got to be kiddin'! What is that thing??


Lol, I also don't know but I want 2!



Feb 07, 2013 at 12:08 AM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.105 #19 · p.105 #19 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


i'm pretty sure it's a frog.

edit: Phyllomedusa sauvagii



Feb 07, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Jochenb
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.105 #20 · p.105 #20 · The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread


Cool. It looks wiser than some people I know.
Great shot BTW.

Edited on Feb 07, 2013 at 12:20 AM · View previous versions



Feb 07, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1       2       3              104      
105
       106              122       123       end






FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              104      
105
       106              122       123       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password