Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2009 · Post Processing Fee

Ed Lee
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Post Processing Fee

Hello FMer's,

I have a question to ask that isn't wedding related but since I spend most of my time on the wedding forum, I'll start looking for guidance here. I shot an event for a company for my event rate but how far should I go after capturing what was requested of me? Normally, post processing is a part of my wedding package but I'm sort of lost on this one. I'm not sure if I should process the files, expecting payment for post processing or should I make the offer to post process first. Hell, I don't really know what the going rate is for post processing, since it's not my specialty (as if I have a specialty). Your thoughts and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Ed

Nov 23, 2009 at 09:09 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Post Processing Fee

I would include post work to best optimize your shots for free - exposure, etc. - do you mean on top of that, like retouching?

Nov 23, 2009 at 09:13 PM
Ed Lee
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Post Processing Fee

I think you've hit the nail on the head because I was stumped and stuck in my chair not knowing what to do. Man my wife would have loved to see me not know it all . Thanks for the input Jeremy!

Ed

Nov 23, 2009 at 09:18 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Post Processing Fee

No worries - think of it as "..would I want the client to show another potential client these shots and say "Ed Lee did my photography for this?" Make them your best, but if they want above and beyond (skin/special effects etc) you may need to talk $$$.

Nov 23, 2009 at 09:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ed Lee
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Post Processing Fee

Good point! Okay, my gears are unjammed now. Thanks for the assist!

Nov 23, 2009 at 09:24 PM
Photo197726
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Post Processing Fee

I hire out all of my post processing and bill it direct. This, of course, is written into the contract (with the billable rates and hours estimate) beforehand.

Nov 23, 2009 at 09:50 PM
Ed Lee
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Post Processing Fee

Out of curiousity, who are some of the companies or businesses who perform such services?

Nov 24, 2009 at 02:47 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password