Upload & Sell: On
| p.1 #18 · Zeiss ZF 100/2.0 versus Leica Summicron APO ASPH 90/2.0 |
You'll get 101 opinions and probably at least one argument, but having owned them all, from MY perspective:
- 100 ZF. Sharp starting WO, nice bokeh, poor CA and fringing control, Zeiss 3D effect, tight focus in come copies, very spendy given not APO and alternatives.
- 90/2. Bokeh king, classic 'Mandler glow' portrait lens, best of lot in terms of bang/buck. Ok at F2, but only gets VERY sharp in center at about 5.6. Older, neglected copies can have stiff focus.
- 90AA. Bokeh can be iffy, great APO performance, sharp at F2, VERY start starting at 2.8. Spendy. Smooth focusing.
- 80/1.4 - Picture larger 90/2 that gets razor sharp in center starting at 2.8 vs 5.6. Bokeh great, another Mandler classic, have gotten spendier. Best CA control I've seen from a NON APO lens that fast in roughly that FL.
Only used on Canon. If I were to rank them for me given I shoot same type of stuff you're suggesting:
- 80mm, 90/2, 90AA & 100 ZF tied.
That said, I currently use a $175 M645 80/1.9 for that work and LOVE it. Just goes to show ;>