Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              44      
45
       46       47       end
  

Archive 2009 · what is '3d' ?
  
 
RustyBug
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.45 #1 · what is '3d' ?


700 @ 5.6 ... OUCH !!!

BTW ... just got to my good monitor, even more excllent.

Edited on May 13, 2010 at 07:22 PM · View previous versions



May 13, 2010 at 04:24 PM
Makten
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.45 #2 · what is '3d' ?


Bifurcator wrote:
Ooo, you're avatar AND you image.

Maybe think about putting up a little FTP or HTTP server in your house. That cost less than about $8.00 a month to run and just for posting images eat almost none of the household bandwidth.


Yeah, I'm pretty fed up with Photobucket anyway, since they sometimes compress the images and sometimes not. Anyhow, the image should be visible now if you update the page. I've reduced the number of images on my account.



May 13, 2010 at 04:56 PM
cavewalker
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.45 #3 · what is '3d' ?


Zeiss Biotar 1.5/75mm @f1.5




May 14, 2010 at 01:19 PM
RustyBug
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.45 #4 · what is '3d' ?


Wondering how this fares under the scrutiny of FM 3D eyes








May 15, 2010 at 01:06 PM
Bifurcator
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.45 #5 · what is '3d' ?


I think I finally get it!

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/899423/

No?











May 15, 2010 at 06:23 PM
DaggerVez
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.45 #6 · what is '3d' ?


Bifurcator wrote:
I think I finally get it!

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/899423/

No?



wow...that's 3D!



May 15, 2010 at 08:50 PM
Bifurcator
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.45 #7 · what is '3d' ?


See, I know WTH I'm doing! Humpf!





May 16, 2010 at 05:21 AM
cavewalker
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.45 #8 · what is '3d' ?


Zeiss Biotar 1.5/75mm in the woods




May 17, 2010 at 07:46 PM
philber
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.45 #9 · what is '3d' ?


Lovely shot, Cavewalker, really inspiring to me!


May 17, 2010 at 08:46 PM
cavewalker
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.45 #10 · what is '3d' ?


thx philber

Thats is a late serial Biotar. One of the last made Biotar 75mm
another shoot:




May 18, 2010 at 07:57 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



adamdewilde
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.45 #11 · what is '3d' ?


Lotusm50 wrote:
OK. While we're waiting for this test for plasticity or "3-Dness", I decided to whip together a quick comparison. The ZF 50/2 Makro-Planar and the ZF 50/1.4 Planar, side-by-side, same subject, same camera, position and lighting, the same image processing. Aperture used was f5.6 so there are few DOF distractions and misinterpretations, and both lenses are in their optimal performance range. Now with all these things essentially equal, does one of these lenses appear to produce an image that is noticeably "flatter" than the other?
http://boncratious.com/images/_MG_9435.jpg
http://boncratious.com/images/_MG_9436.jpg




Sorry this is old news now, but I love my 50 MP ZE, and I'd have to say that depending on the subject and lighting and distance both lenses "could" produce different results. I recently posted some shots taken with the 50 MP ZE on the ZE thread, and I know I couldn't get images like that with a canon lens. Though, would I have gotten simular or better images with the 50 1.4 ZE, I'm not sure! But I think it would take me buying the lens and using it, to really decide. Though in the end which ever lens I decided I liked better, would totally be personal preference. Though to generalize and say one lens is better then the other I'd go with the 50 MP ZE, as the 50 1.4 ZE doesn't get sharp till way after f/2, where as the MP is sharp at f2, also the MP has closer focusing, so that would make it better in my books, AND from the limited amount of shots I've taken with the 50 1.4 (friend let me try) I really didn't like it (though, it was in bad conditions, you really can't make lemonade with no lemons right).




May 28, 2010 at 10:10 AM
RustyBug
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.45 #12 · what is '3d' ?


Playin with Mamiya 150 2.8A ... f4 iirc RAW+PP
(focused @ lever)

cross posted







Jun 01, 2010 at 10:09 PM
AhamB
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.45 #13 · what is '3d' ?


I came across this image on 1x.com and it's the most 3D landscape photo I've seen. The impression of depth is amazing: http://1x.com/v2/#photos/member/17110/33969/
Made with Sony Zeiss 16-35 on A900.

@Makten: I've compared an image (1500x100) uploaded to both Photobucket and flickr, which got resized to 1024x6** and on flickr it was noticeably sharper and was compressed less. I don't really like flickr (I hate the group invites) but I'll settle on it for now. I'm looking for something that doesn't have the 1024x1024 limitation and the compression, but I might need to pay to get that (flickr pro account is $25 per year).



Jun 02, 2010 at 12:53 AM
dhollbilder
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.45 #14 · what is '3d' ?


This is a favourite subject of mine and I'm glad to finally find a forum and a specific thread that understands it.

As has probably been mentioned within the previous 36 pages, the 3D-look does not necessarily have to have a thin or definable depth of field. It has to be able to allow the viewer to imagine being able to 'be' in the photograph.

If it is a landscape, to easily imagine being able to fly and walk through it, along the winding path and towards the trees...and not suddenly hit a flat surface as you would if you tried to walk into a huge billboard on the street.







or a street scene, where one could easily imagine running past that guy and in front of that woman:








It is very subjective tho'...mayhap these images look flat to others.



Jun 02, 2010 at 01:26 AM
cavewalker
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.45 #15 · what is '3d' ?


Summilux E55 1.4/50




Jun 06, 2010 at 06:28 AM
biotar
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.45 #16 · what is '3d' ?


AhamB wrote:
I came across this image on 1x.com and it's the most 3D landscape photo I've seen. The impression of depth is amazing: http://1x.com/v2/#photos/member/17110/33969/
Made with Sony Zeiss 16-35 on A900.

@Makten: I've compared an image (1500x100) uploaded to both Photobucket and flickr, which got resized to 1024x6** and on flickr it was noticeably sharper and was compressed less. I don't really like flickr (I hate the group invites) but I'll settle on it for now. I'm looking for something that doesn't have the 1024x1024 limitation and the compression, but I might need to pay to get that (flickr pro account is $25
...Show more

Thats a great example which exhibits texture, atmospheric depth and a right perspective



Jun 06, 2010 at 10:52 AM
RustyBug
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.45 #17 · what is '3d' ?


Has anyone noticed that many times when 3D is strong, bokeh is not as smooth ??


Jun 06, 2010 at 12:53 PM
dcjs
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.45 #18 · what is '3d' ?


RustyBug wrote:
Has anyone noticed that many times when 3D is strong, bokeh is not as smooth ??


I think "3D" is happening when the brain is fooled into thinking that we're not looking at a picture but rather at a real scene, and smooth "gaussian" blur is something created by (some) lenses, but never by the human eye/brain. Try looking at something closeby and at the same time concentrating on stuff in your field of view that is out of focus (yes, it's kind of hard to do). Chances are you'll see "edgy zeiss bokeh" rather than "smooth sigma bokeh".

I'm not saying this is all "3D" is about or even that this is necessary for "3D" to happen, but it might play a role.



Jun 06, 2010 at 01:09 PM
madamasu
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.45 #19 · what is '3d' ?


3D is in the eyes of the beholder (or maybe: of the believer)


Jun 06, 2010 at 01:19 PM
AhamB
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.45 #20 · what is '3d' ?


dcjs wrote:
I think "3D" is happening when the brain is fooled into thinking that we're not looking at a picture but rather at a real scene, and smooth "gaussian" blur is something created by (some) lenses, but never by the human eye/brain. Try looking at something closeby and at the same time concentrating on stuff in your field of view that is out of focus (yes, it's kind of hard to do). Chances are you'll see "edgy zeiss bokeh" rather than "smooth sigma bokeh".

I'm not saying this is all "3D" is about or even that this is necessary for "3D"
...Show more

It depends whether you're talking about the impression of volume (plasticity) of subject(s) in the picture or simply the impression of depth (layers) by DoF separation.

Many times people call a picture 3D where the subject is simply separated from BG and FG by (smooth) blur, whereas the plane of the subject still looks flat (without plasticity).



Jun 06, 2010 at 03:12 PM
1       2       3              44      
45
       46       47       end




FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              44      
45
       46       47       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password