Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Monthly Assignment 52 - Reflections
Deadline: September 1st noon UTC/GMT

MA Rules Current entries

FM Forums | Monthly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2009 · #66 Shadow Dancer

jemark
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #66 Shadow Dancer

?8547

My friend is very game, to model where ever and when ever. And still able to fit into the prom dress her mother made for her 20 years ago.
Check my gallery for the shot done inside this abandoned building.

After some helpful critques, this version will suffice for a the final submission. Thank you to those helpful emails.

Mark

Edited on Oct 23, 2009 at 01:32 AM · View previous versions

Oct 20, 2009 at 06:16 PM
teglis
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #66 Shadow Dancer

Mark:

I don't know what to be more impressed with: the image or the fact that she still fits her prom dress after 20 years

Anyway this is a really interesting idea, well captured. Well done!

Cheers,
Rich

Oct 22, 2009 at 12:49 AM
Deilin

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #66 Shadow Dancer

One thing that really draws me to this picture, is the way that the composure works for the theme of this month. At first glance, I didn't even see the model, but only the shadow.

Oct 22, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

jemark
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #66 Shadow Dancer

I looked at black and white versus color, and it appeared to me that the color version made the dancer the focal point and the black and white version made the shadow the focal point.
I'll put the color one in my gallery too for comparison. I had not thought of this kind of change of focus before.

Mark

Oct 22, 2009 at 02:33 PM
Howeird
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #66 Shadow Dancer

Hey Mark

This to me is a winner - love the composition, and the mono is ideal for it, as you say it focuses on the subject more (Shadow)

Great shot.

Regards
Howard

Oct 24, 2009 at 03:20 PM
jemark
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #66 Shadow Dancer

Thanks. Not for the first time the shot done off the cuff wins the day. I went to the building for the interior shots and did the exterior mainly because the model was freezing inside the building. But of course the 'shadow' assignment helped me recognize the potential too. I'd rather be lucky than good, I guess.

Oct 24, 2009 at 03:57 PM

FM Forums | Monthly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password