Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2009 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

PierreB
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

godfather wrote:
I guess everyone is different but the only way I'd buy a new 24-70 is if they extended the wide range...like a 20-70L.

+1

Oct 13, 2009 at 10:03 PM
PierreB
• • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

Beni wrote:
Fixation are taking preorders? They're probably the biggest canon pro shop in the country.

No...not really preorders.

The waiting list is for the body that replaces the 1DMkIII, whatever it may be, that does not yet exist although we all know it is coming sooner or later.

Oct 13, 2009 at 10:05 PM
dgenx24
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

400 5.6 IS........ please.......

Oct 13, 2009 at 10:14 PM
Il Medico
• • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

100-300/2.8IS or 200-400/4IS.
Gene

Oct 13, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

kinconorb
• • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

AGeoJO wrote:
I foresee some threads popping up in the future: "AF of my 1D MarkIV is like crap" or "1D Mark IV major AF issues"

We sure will especially since 50% of the photographers who post on FM spend more time typing than shooting photos.

Oct 14, 2009 at 12:12 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

Kevin Sherman wrote:
I hope its not $4995. At that price, it better be full frame... $3995 would be much better recieved.

I wouldn't count on $4K. If you have kept track of past 1D introductory pricing, the cameras have always been $4500+ (no, I don't have a spreadsheet for this, just remembering what I paid for each 1D as an early adopter). It's the price point that Canon wants to keep, so they just add more features to justify the relatively static price. This time around it will probably be video in addition to higher resolution, higher ISO capability and probably a 7D-like AF system. Considering that the D3 is still selling for around $5K, with the rumored D3s to hit shortly, there will be little reason to price it below $4500-5000. The people who really want/need the camera will buy it. For those who won't/can't, at least now there is the 7D option instead of dropping way off to an XXD body.

We know that Canon can sell the camera for less than $4K (look at current 1DIII prices), and I'd love to see it as a gesture to those who bought and stuck with the Mark III through the first year, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Besides the introduction of new features, the point of upgrades is to allow manufacturers to reset selling prices higher. Who knows, we could be in for a rude surprise considering the recent L series Mark II lens introductions. But cameras are somewhat more price sensitive, so my guess is the $5K price is a good possibility.

Ron

Oct 14, 2009 at 12:45 AM
globalkiwi
• • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

+1 It's much more likely to be $5K than $4K.

Oct 14, 2009 at 02:03 AM
Geofn
• • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

crfrey71 wrote:
Does that mean, native 25,600 ISO?

Man, then I'll need a bunch of 8x ND filters...

Oct 14, 2009 at 02:10 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password