Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

Archive 2009 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

stanj
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

Paul B wrote:
Facts are such a refreshing change in these these threads and it's a heck of a lot easier to look something up on a spreadsheet (or whatever) than searching through websites or Canon press releases for this info......

Actually, finding the spreadsheet will almost certainly take me longer than going to DPReview and find the announcement in their nicely chronological table

Oct 13, 2009 at 04:42 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

AbramG wrote:
I agree with you Kevin, but I can also see why they would mark it like that, if they go TOO low it will certainly cannibalize 7D sales, already moreso than it's going to once it comes out.

why would they care about 7D sales if the 1d4 had bigger margin?

and $4K and $1.7K is pretty huge!!!!

I know a lot of people who can't even go $2.6K for the 5D2 but can go $1.7K.

Oct 13, 2009 at 04:45 PM
M Vers
• • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

skibum5 wrote:
why would they care about 7D sales if the 1d4 had bigger margin?

and $4K and $1.7K is pretty huge!!!!

I know a lot of people who can't even go $2.6K for the 5D2 but can go $1.7K.

Was just about to say the same thing...

Oct 13, 2009 at 04:48 PM
M Vers
• • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

AGeoJO wrote:
Canon will be at the CES and that will take place even earlier than the PMA. It would be in the last week of January, I believe while PMA in February. Plus, everybody wants to go to Vegas. Who cares about Anaheim ?

Photoplus will be going on in NYC the weekend of the 23rd as well, which happens to fall within the same week of the supposed announcement. Maybe I'll see it there

Oct 13, 2009 at 04:53 PM
ftemoto
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

KIDERAL wrote:
Getting 100% out of the camera is getting harder and harder...technique needs to improve or all those pixels will be wasted....

This is so very true. After a year and a half I am still learning the nuances of tailoring and moving among different af settings for the MkIII for different subjects and situations, when what works for one is not optimal for another.

Oct 13, 2009 at 05:04 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

Has anyone pre-ordered 1D(s)MkIV from Sammy's camera or elsewhere yet ?
I am gettin' hot to trot.

Oct 13, 2009 at 05:37 PM
Paul B
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

stanj wrote:
Actually, finding the spreadsheet will almost certainly take me longer than going to DPReview and find the announcement in their nicely chronological table

I'm a spreadsheet kind of guy. It's my simpleminded/lazy approach to following this stuff; everything gets put in one file and I don't have to think about which site to visit.......

Oct 13, 2009 at 05:40 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

Traditionally, Canon has introduced an L lens together with a 1D series body. I wonder which one that would be? I hope they upgrade and improve upon the 24-70. Adding IS is pretty much a given, I just wish they extend the range of that lens towards the longer end somewhat.

Oct 13, 2009 at 06:33 PM
genoph
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

50 1.4 upgrade plz

Oct 13, 2009 at 06:37 PM
M Vers
• • • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

AGeoJO wrote:
Traditionally, Canon has introduced an L lens together with a 1D series body. I wonder which one that would be? I hope they upgrade and improve upon the 24-70. Adding IS is pretty much a given, I just wish they extend the range of that lens towards the longer end somewhat.

Yea, a 24-70 replacement is likely, IMO. So is a 70-200/2.8IS replacement and perhaps a new flash as well. Maybe even a 35II...

Edited on Oct 13, 2009 at 06:42 PM · View previous versions

Oct 13, 2009 at 06:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

reno.peterson
• • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

AGeoJO wrote:

I think a 23-71L F2.8 would be killer, that at least makes it a +3x zoom lens. Especially on a 1.6x Crop body.

Sorry I couldn't resist this time.

Oct 13, 2009 at 06:42 PM
KIDERAL
• • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

Hrow wrote:
I am truly baffled, why on earth would anyone keep notes on something like this?

To estimate when upgrades will occur and compare the development gain. This allows me to budget when to purchase new bodies..

...and for Trivial Pursuit Canon Edition...

Oct 13, 2009 at 06:56 PM
Kelly Phillips
• • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

I don't usually care much about rumors or whatever, but did you see what the rumored iso of the 1D4 is?

canonrumors: "Itís coming (1D Mark 4)
It looks certain that Canon will introduce a new camera on Tuesday Oct. 20th. Most likely it will be the 1D Mk IV, with very high ISO. Probably as high as ISO 102,400. The camera will have an APS-H (1.3x Crop) sensor."

I can't even really wrap my head around why I would need an iso of that high, but it would be awesome if it's true. I just want usable (well, more than usable....very clean) 6400 and I'm happy

Oct 13, 2009 at 07:06 PM
Daan B
• • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

For the last time: expect a 1D4 this fall

Oct 13, 2009 at 07:09 PM
Hrow
• • • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

KIDERAL wrote:
To estimate when upgrades will occur and compare the development gain. This allows me to budget when to purchase new bodies..

...and for Trivial Pursuit Canon Edition...

The Trivial Pursuit I can see but the other? I don't know. It strikes me that cameras will be what they will be and come out when they come out. When we bog ourselves down with minutia we lose sight of the important stuff.

Oct 13, 2009 at 07:22 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

Kelly Phillips wrote:
canonrumors: "Itís coming (1D Mark 4)
It looks certain that Canon will introduce a new camera on Tuesday Oct. 20th. Most likely it will be the 1D Mk IV, with very high ISO. Probably as high as ISO 102,400. The camera will have an APS-H (1.3x Crop) sensor."

Kelley, I know this is an excerpt from that website but ISO 102,400 will not only be limited to Canon. Apparently, the new and also rumored Nikon D3s will have the same high ISO ceiling. Both companies are pushing the envelope in that respect. Long live the competition!

Oct 13, 2009 at 07:42 PM
PierreB
• • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

PetKal wrote:
Has anyone pre-ordered 1D(s)MkIV from Sammy's camera or elsewhere yet ?
I am gettin' hot to trot.

I am on the list at Fixation in London and will get one from their first delivery & I'm not the only one. I have been told that the list is "quite long".

Oct 13, 2009 at 09:19 PM
crfrey71
• • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

Does that mean, native 25,600 ISO?

Oct 13, 2009 at 09:52 PM
godfather
• • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

AGeoJO wrote:

I guess everyone is different but the only way I'd buy a new 24-70 is if they extended the wide range...like a 20-70L.

Oct 13, 2009 at 09:56 PM
Beni
• • • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Samy's Camera: 1DmkIV & 1DsmkIV are coming very soon.

Fixation are taking preorders? They're probably the biggest canon pro shop in the country.

Oct 13, 2009 at 10:02 PM
1       2      
       4       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password