Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       5       6       end

Archive 2009 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

jamato8
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

So you get rid of your originals? Well I guess if you are done with them. I knew a guy that once he printed he destroyed the negatives.

Great shots. I used the 7D a little yesterday and was impressed but need to do some TIM's (things in motion).

Oct 06, 2009 at 09:00 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

jamato8 wrote:
So you get rid of your originals? Well I guess if you are done with them. I knew a guy that once he printed he destroyed the negatives.

Great shots. I used the 7D a little yesterday and was impressed but need to do some TIM's (things in motion).

Sorry John, I am running out of memory. I used to keep everything, but the spending is getting out of hand with all this gear, memory cards, grip, etc etc... so I'm freeing up storage by deleting a ton of old stuff and keeping very little. Here's another one I found in the recycle bin for those that have been asking.

Oct 06, 2009 at 09:05 PM
Lil Judd
• • • • • •
p.3 #3 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

Nice set Conrad

Lil

Oct 06, 2009 at 09:16 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.3 #4 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

akilah wrote:
These are *really really good*. Not just a bit good. I'm jealous, particularly of the dragonflies, I've been trying to capture them in flight too with no luck -- did the autofocus on the 7D help, or was it just photographer's instinct?

Also Akilah... you have to be REAL patient. When I first started I went out expecting to get things in flight and whatnot without realizing just how patient one needs to be. Don't let the frustration get to you. The trick is enjoying that you are out there doing what YOU want and not somewhere else doing something you DON'T want to be doing!

Oct 06, 2009 at 09:17 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.3 #5 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

Lil Judd wrote:
Nice set Conrad

Lil

Hey thanks Lil!!

Oct 06, 2009 at 09:18 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.3 #6 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

Again I apologize to all that have asked for orginals. I will put some new ones here tomorrow after I go shooting at the same place. I have deleted my originals in the interest of saving hard-drive space (which I'm quickly running out of with this 7D)

Oct 06, 2009 at 09:39 PM
Adam73
• • •
p.3 #7 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

Hey Conrad, It was great meeting you this day. Your shots came out great. That 7D looks like a great camera. The 400mm F5.6 was my favorite lens for a long time. I hope to shoot with you again in the near future.

-Adam

Oct 06, 2009 at 09:47 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.3 #8 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

Adam73 wrote:
Hey Conrad, It was great meeting you this day. Your shots came out great. That 7D looks like a great camera. The 400mm F5.6 was my favorite lens for a long time. I hope to shoot with you again in the near future.

-Adam

Hey Adam! Whazup man? Yes it was good meeting you and Stuart! Always happy to meet fellow FMers out in the wilds of Palo Alto! Tell Stuart hello as well next time you talk to him. I'm trying to go out there again tomorrow afternoon. Anytime you want to shoot I'm ready to go.

Oct 06, 2009 at 09:57 PM
jamato8
• • • •
p.3 #9 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

I understand on the storage space. It can get overwhelming. On my visual anthropology I have around 100,000 images but I can't get rid of those for obvious reasons, I guess. :^)

Any yes, the cost can get out of hand. Now my computer can not really work the RAW files from the 5D II and doesn't do a very fast job with the 7D so. . . new computer, another 2 grand . . gag. . . ?? Well not for a while so I shoot in jpg and RAW and just process the jpg as that is all I really need right now anyway unless something is for publication.

Oct 06, 2009 at 09:59 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.3 #10 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

jamato8 wrote:
I understand on the storage space. It can get overwhelming. On my visual anthropology I have around 100,000 images but I can't get rid of those for obvious reasons, I guess. :^)

Any yes, the cost can get out of hand. Now my computer can not really work the RAW files from the 5D II and doesn't do a very fast job with the 7D so. . . new computer, another 2 grand . . gag. . . ?? Well not for a while so I shoot in jpg and RAW and just process the jpg as that is all I
...Show more

I'm tell you John, I feel your pain! I'm getting nickel and dimed to death with this hobby. Good thing I am not married or else I'd have hell to pay as well.

Oct 06, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sevan pulurian
• • • •
p.3 #11 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

Holly chit Conrad! Looks like it is time to invest into a 7d. Great captures.

Sevan

Oct 06, 2009 at 10:19 PM
kirry007
• • •
Account locked
p.3 #12 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

I'm trying to go out there again tomorrow afternoon. Anytime you want to shoot I'm ready to go.

Hey, Conrad, If I get freed up from work early tomorrow, I will join you at Baylands. Will let you know.

Oct 06, 2009 at 10:35 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.3 #13 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

kirry007 wrote:
Hey, Conrad, If I get freed up from work early tomorrow, I will join you at Baylands. Will let you know.

Awesome! But hey instead of Baylands, I was going to try a San Antonio Road off 101 for more of these same shots. You know where I'm talking about? Take San Antonio Rd exit, go right, at the end of Terminal Rd, park you car and walk in. Its not far to the left after the first dried up pond you'll be swamped with thousands of shorebirds. Hehe... PM me soon man!

Oct 06, 2009 at 10:44 PM
72chevelle454
• • • • • •
p.3 #14 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

Nice job on all Conrad, I'm really interested in this camera. I would like to see some comparisons to the 1Dx AF system, Ron (my brother) is getting one this week, he just sold his M3 so we'll see what he says.

Oct 06, 2009 at 10:49 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.3 #15 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

72chevelle454 wrote:
Nice job on all Conrad, I'm really interested in this camera. I would like to see some comparisons to the 1Dx AF system, Ron (my brother) is getting one this week, he just sold his M3 so we'll see what he says.

Thanks Chad. Don't tell me Ron sold the MkIII for the 7D. Wow... I thought the MkIII was the best of the best. He should just wait for the MkIV I think. If they are going to put this AF system on it, its gonna be a sure-fire winner. Ant is probably going to come down this week to check out my camera so we'll see what his 1DmkIII-elitist opinion is.

Oct 06, 2009 at 10:52 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.3 #16 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

Great series, Conrad. This is why I will probably wait to buy the 9D with 50MP. I would then just need a 300mm as my longest lens, and just crop to get the 500mm equivalent.

Tony

Oct 06, 2009 at 11:06 PM
kazman442
• • • •
p.3 #17 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

Conrad Tan wrote:
Thanks Chad. Don't tell me Ron sold the MkIII for the 7D. Wow... I thought the MkIII was the best of the best. He should just wait for the MkIV I think. If they are going to put this AF system on it, its gonna be a sure-fire winner. Ant is probably going to come down this week to check out my camera so we'll see what his 1DmkIII-elitist opinion is.

Conrad, Only sold it so I didn't have to sell it when the mark4 was released, I felt that the camera may take another dive in price, I'm getting a 7D for a crop body for now, I will still have my eye on the mark4 for sure

PS great images

Oct 06, 2009 at 11:24 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.3 #18 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

kazman442 wrote:
Conrad, Only sold it so I didn't have to sell it when the mark4 was released, I felt that the camera may take another dive in price, I'm getting a 7D for a crop body for now, I will still have my eye on the mark4 for sure

PS great images

Hey thanks Ron!!! Good call on the sale... I didn't think of it that way. I think you're going to at least, really really like the 7D coming from a pro-body, it may feel "cheap". I put the grip on and presto! Feels expensive! Hahahaha!! I can't wait to see what folks will be putting out someday soon when this fabled mark IV comes out. Take it easy man!

Oct 06, 2009 at 11:55 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.3 #19 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

Imagemaster wrote:
Great series, Conrad. This is why I will probably wait to buy the 9D with 50MP. I would then just need a 300mm as my longest lens, and just crop to get the 500mm equivalent.

Tony

Many thanks kind sir! "9D ?!?" What are you talking about?

Oct 07, 2009 at 12:00 AM
sivrajbm
• • • •
p.3 #20 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance

Conrad Tan wrote:
I'll go out again tomorrow and shoot some heavy crops for you. I delete my stuff as soon as I finish processing to save memory. (I'm almost out )

U the Man...

Oct 07, 2009 at 12:09 AM
1       2      

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password