Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       4       5       6       end
  

Archive 2009 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance
  
 
jamato8
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


So you get rid of your originals? Well I guess if you are done with them. I knew a guy that once he printed he destroyed the negatives.

Great shots. I used the 7D a little yesterday and was impressed but need to do some TIM's (things in motion).



Oct 06, 2009 at 09:00 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


jamato8 wrote:
So you get rid of your originals? Well I guess if you are done with them. I knew a guy that once he printed he destroyed the negatives.

Great shots. I used the 7D a little yesterday and was impressed but need to do some TIM's (things in motion).



Sorry John, I am running out of memory. I used to keep everything, but the spending is getting out of hand with all this gear, memory cards, grip, etc etc... so I'm freeing up storage by deleting a ton of old stuff and keeping very little. Here's another one I found in the recycle bin for those that have been asking.













Oct 06, 2009 at 09:05 PM
Lil Judd
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


Nice set Conrad

Lil



Oct 06, 2009 at 09:16 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


akilah wrote:
These are *really really good*. Not just a bit good. I'm jealous, particularly of the dragonflies, I've been trying to capture them in flight too with no luck -- did the autofocus on the 7D help, or was it just photographer's instinct?


Also Akilah... you have to be REAL patient. When I first started I went out expecting to get things in flight and whatnot without realizing just how patient one needs to be. Don't let the frustration get to you. The trick is enjoying that you are out there doing what YOU want and not somewhere else doing something you DON'T want to be doing!



Oct 06, 2009 at 09:17 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #5 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


Lil Judd wrote:
Nice set Conrad

Lil


Hey thanks Lil!!



Oct 06, 2009 at 09:18 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #6 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


Again I apologize to all that have asked for orginals. I will put some new ones here tomorrow after I go shooting at the same place. I have deleted my originals in the interest of saving hard-drive space (which I'm quickly running out of with this 7D)


Oct 06, 2009 at 09:39 PM
Adam73
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #7 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


Hey Conrad, It was great meeting you this day. Your shots came out great. That 7D looks like a great camera. The 400mm F5.6 was my favorite lens for a long time. I hope to shoot with you again in the near future.

-Adam



Oct 06, 2009 at 09:47 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #8 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


Adam73 wrote:
Hey Conrad, It was great meeting you this day. Your shots came out great. That 7D looks like a great camera. The 400mm F5.6 was my favorite lens for a long time. I hope to shoot with you again in the near future.

-Adam


Hey Adam! Whazup man? Yes it was good meeting you and Stuart! Always happy to meet fellow FMers out in the wilds of Palo Alto! Tell Stuart hello as well next time you talk to him. I'm trying to go out there again tomorrow afternoon. Anytime you want to shoot I'm ready to go.



Oct 06, 2009 at 09:57 PM
jamato8
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #9 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


I understand on the storage space. It can get overwhelming. On my visual anthropology I have around 100,000 images but I can't get rid of those for obvious reasons, I guess. :^)

Any yes, the cost can get out of hand. Now my computer can not really work the RAW files from the 5D II and doesn't do a very fast job with the 7D so. . . new computer, another 2 grand . . gag. . . ?? Well not for a while so I shoot in jpg and RAW and just process the jpg as that is all I really need right now anyway unless something is for publication.



Oct 06, 2009 at 09:59 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #10 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


jamato8 wrote:
I understand on the storage space. It can get overwhelming. On my visual anthropology I have around 100,000 images but I can't get rid of those for obvious reasons, I guess. :^)

Any yes, the cost can get out of hand. Now my computer can not really work the RAW files from the 5D II and doesn't do a very fast job with the 7D so. . . new computer, another 2 grand . . gag. . . ?? Well not for a while so I shoot in jpg and RAW and just process the jpg as that is all I
...Show more

I'm tell you John, I feel your pain! I'm getting nickel and dimed to death with this hobby. Good thing I am not married or else I'd have hell to pay as well.



Oct 06, 2009 at 10:14 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



sevan pulurian
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #11 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


Holly chit Conrad! Looks like it is time to invest into a 7d. Great captures.

Sevan



Oct 06, 2009 at 10:19 PM
kirry007
Offline
• • •
Account locked
p.3 #12 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


I'm trying to go out there again tomorrow afternoon. Anytime you want to shoot I'm ready to go.

Hey, Conrad, If I get freed up from work early tomorrow, I will join you at Baylands. Will let you know.



Oct 06, 2009 at 10:35 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #13 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


kirry007 wrote:
Hey, Conrad, If I get freed up from work early tomorrow, I will join you at Baylands. Will let you know.


Awesome! But hey instead of Baylands, I was going to try a San Antonio Road off 101 for more of these same shots. You know where I'm talking about? Take San Antonio Rd exit, go right, at the end of Terminal Rd, park you car and walk in. Its not far to the left after the first dried up pond you'll be swamped with thousands of shorebirds. Hehe... PM me soon man!



Oct 06, 2009 at 10:44 PM
72chevelle454
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #14 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


Nice job on all Conrad, I'm really interested in this camera. I would like to see some comparisons to the 1Dx AF system, Ron (my brother) is getting one this week, he just sold his M3 so we'll see what he says.


Oct 06, 2009 at 10:49 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #15 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


72chevelle454 wrote:
Nice job on all Conrad, I'm really interested in this camera. I would like to see some comparisons to the 1Dx AF system, Ron (my brother) is getting one this week, he just sold his M3 so we'll see what he says.


Thanks Chad. Don't tell me Ron sold the MkIII for the 7D. Wow... I thought the MkIII was the best of the best. He should just wait for the MkIV I think. If they are going to put this AF system on it, its gonna be a sure-fire winner. Ant is probably going to come down this week to check out my camera so we'll see what his 1DmkIII-elitist opinion is.



Oct 06, 2009 at 10:52 PM
Imagemaster
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #16 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


Great series, Conrad. This is why I will probably wait to buy the 9D with 50MP. I would then just need a 300mm as my longest lens, and just crop to get the 500mm equivalent.

Tony



Oct 06, 2009 at 11:06 PM
kazman442
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #17 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


Conrad Tan wrote:
Thanks Chad. Don't tell me Ron sold the MkIII for the 7D. Wow... I thought the MkIII was the best of the best. He should just wait for the MkIV I think. If they are going to put this AF system on it, its gonna be a sure-fire winner. Ant is probably going to come down this week to check out my camera so we'll see what his 1DmkIII-elitist opinion is.


Conrad, Only sold it so I didn't have to sell it when the mark4 was released, I felt that the camera may take another dive in price, I'm getting a 7D for a crop body for now, I will still have my eye on the mark4 for sure

PS great images



Oct 06, 2009 at 11:24 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #18 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


kazman442 wrote:
Conrad, Only sold it so I didn't have to sell it when the mark4 was released, I felt that the camera may take another dive in price, I'm getting a 7D for a crop body for now, I will still have my eye on the mark4 for sure

PS great images


Hey thanks Ron!!! Good call on the sale... I didn't think of it that way. I think you're going to at least, really really like the 7D coming from a pro-body, it may feel "cheap". I put the grip on and presto! Feels expensive! Hahahaha!! I can't wait to see what folks will be putting out someday soon when this fabled mark IV comes out. Take it easy man!



Oct 06, 2009 at 11:55 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #19 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


Imagemaster wrote:
Great series, Conrad. This is why I will probably wait to buy the 9D with 50MP. I would then just need a 300mm as my longest lens, and just crop to get the 500mm equivalent.

Tony


Many thanks kind sir! "9D ?!?" What are you talking about?



Oct 07, 2009 at 12:00 AM
sivrajbm
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #20 · 7D - Mid to heavy crop performance


Conrad Tan wrote:
I'll go out again tomorrow and shoot some heavy crops for you. I delete my stuff as soon as I finish processing to save memory. (I'm almost out )



U the Man...



Oct 07, 2009 at 12:09 AM
1       2      
3
       4       5       6       end




FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       4       5       6       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password