FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              9      
       end

Archive 2009 · Start saving...

roham
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #1 · p.10 #1 · Start saving...

I have been waiting for D700 forever. When is Nikon going to replace it? There were rumors since last Jan.

Jun 16, 2010 at 10:28 PM
brunobarolo
• •
p.10 #2 · p.10 #2 · Start saving...

roham wrote:
I have been waiting for D700 forever. When is Nikon going to replace it? There were rumors since last Jan.

The D700 is a professional grade camera that is less than 2 years old, and it is readily available.

What is your problem

Jun 17, 2010 at 02:01 AM
yukselserdar
• •
p.10 #3 · p.10 #3 · Start saving...

I know what Kitty knows, who knows it from someone else who overheard someone who doesnt have a clue about anything, and i can assure you its gonna be huge. Actually huge isnt the word, it will more likely change your life, perhaps even the world. But i cant tell you yet....

Jun 17, 2010 at 02:15 AM
TimMunsey
• • •
p.10 #4 · p.10 #4 · Start saving...

roham wrote:

The D700 is a professional grade camera that is less than 2 years old, and it is readily available.

What is your problem
:

Lost his "x"

Jun 17, 2010 at 02:16 AM
ExtendedPuppet
• • •
p.10 #5 · p.10 #5 · Start saving...

yukselserdar wrote:
I know what Kitty knows, who knows it from someone else who overheard someone who doesnt have a clue about anything, and i can assure you its gonna be huge. Actually huge isnt the word, it will more likely change your life, perhaps even the world. But i cant tell you yet....

SWEET

Can I quote you on that?

too late...

Jun 17, 2010 at 02:48 AM
David Kenney
• •
p.10 #6 · p.10 #6 · Start saving...

It’s really easy to forget that there is a world out there beyond what we know about as photographers in the government sector. In 1980 I saw classified photographic images taken by what was then known as satellite imagery, the photographic image had so much detail you could clearly make out the Cyrillic letter characters on the cigarette package in great detail. Little did I know at the time but I was staring at what we now know as digital imagery. I must admit I was somewhat perplexed at how the images were recovered from space but when I ask the question about how the images ended up on earth I was told my security clearance was not even close to being high enough to know the basics of how the data got to the earth station.
During the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005 one of the local television stations in DFW area did a story a local company who had contracted to provide the installation of a camera pod on a government airplane. If my memory serves me correctly the plane belonged to the Louisiana National Guard and was to be used to help make an assessment of
the damage caused by the storm. I remember the camera pod contained three different cameras and each camera could be used to record the same data, one camera was a conventional film camera, one camera was inferred and the third camera was an 80 megapixel digital camera. Needless to say when I heard that there was an 80 megapixel camera chip I immediately got on line to see what I could find out about this camera; I could find no mention of any 80 megapixel camera chip or camera body using any of the search engines available. The next day I went to the television web site and the story had been removed from the station web site, I then called the television station and tried to find out more information about the story and why the story was not on the web site, I was told the government had requested that the story be removed from the web site.
There is a saying exist in the engineering departments of certain third sector entities “IF you have the knowledge to think about any form of technology the technology already is already in existence or if it does not exist it can be built”.
I heard about the Nikon D3 about a year before it was announced, at the time I was using D200’s as tween camera I had been looking at Canon because in my estimation Canon had a better product line. The Nikon rep that persuaded me to wait for the D3 to be announced was correct in everything he told me about the D3, I would be very careful in attacking what Kitty said, perhaps she has knowledge that we are not privy to.

Jun 17, 2010 at 03:18 AM
David Kenney
• •
p.10 #7 · p.10 #7 · Start saving...

Should have said Infared instead of "Inferred" MY bad I guess I should be more careful in the weeee hours of the morning.

Jun 17, 2010 at 03:23 AM
ExtendedPuppet
• • •
p.10 #8 · p.10 #8 · Start saving...

David Kenney wrote:
It's really easy to forget that there is a world out there beyond what we know about as photographers in the government sector.

?

Jun 17, 2010 at 04:30 AM
Frank Maiello
• •
p.10 #9 · p.10 #9 · Start saving...

Andre Labonte wrote:
The qaulity of her work has nothing to do with her desire or lack thereof for attention. That logic is flawed.

Likewise, saying that "Germans are rarely full of crap" is a stereotype that may or may not be applicable to this individual. Again, more flawed logic.

Be careful talking about "flaws," Andre.

Jun 17, 2010 at 07:22 AM
corndog
• • • •
p.10 #10 · p.10 #10 · Start saving...

Hasn't Nikon been hinting at a medium format sized sensor in a dslr?

Jun 17, 2010 at 01:55 PM
patriot
• •
p.10 #11 · p.10 #11 · Start saving...

Life changing? Is it a Nikon branded Segway?

Jun 17, 2010 at 02:54 PM
Gustaf Lindber
• •
p.10 #12 · p.10 #12 · Start saving...

patriot wrote:
Life changing? Is it a Nikon branded Segway?

As long as it has VR I will buy one!

Jun 17, 2010 at 06:09 PM
voka_gsw
• •
p.10 #13 · p.10 #13 · Start saving...

corndog wrote:
Hasn't Nikon been hinting at a medium format sized sensor in a dslr?

No.

Jun 18, 2010 at 03:12 AM
traveler
• • • •
p.10 #14 · p.10 #14 · Start saving...

I can tell you this. We think we have a clue about what technologies are out there, when in fact we aren't even close. I have a close friend who is a scientist for the air force. What little he has told me about things that are available is that the really out there stuff you see in movies done that seem very futuristic are already old technologies that have been available for some time and moved on. So it shouldn't surprise us when we learn of higher resolutions in sensors and stuff. It's out there, just not available yet to the consumer. Those digital imagery from satellite examples are just the start. Not only can they track a rats ass from out in space but can tell you how many whiskers it has. But I would welcome a new technology from Nikon that would move the process forward. I'm especially interested as my wife has pretty much given a thumbs up to my next move, which I'm going to remain patient to observe later this year before I make it. Otherwise my D700 hasn't stopped making great pictures.

Jun 18, 2010 at 11:42 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.10 #15 · p.10 #15 · Start saving...

Neither has my D1h

traveler wrote:
Otherwise my D700 hasn't stopped making great pictures.

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:38 PM
corndog
• • • •
p.10 #16 · p.10 #16 · Start saving...

voka_gsw wrote:
No.

I knew I remembered hearing something a while back...

http://gizmodo.com/5045897/nikon-41+megapixel-mx-format-sensor-for-digital-rangefinder

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Possible-new-mediumformat-digital-for-Nikon-10179

http://www.nikonwatch.com/2008/09/04/nikon-digital-rangefinder-mx-format-medium-format-ish/

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2008/09/nikon-readying/

http://www.nikonguides.com/nikonmx.htm

Jun 18, 2010 at 01:50 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.