Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2009 · #362 Framing Eve.

silvawispa
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #362 Framing Eve.

Adam, please, you must believe, the snake put it in front of me......

Sep 13, 2009 at 07:13 PM
Bill Sutherland
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #362 Framing Eve.

I'm either too old or too naive (or both) to know what it is but it certainly does the framing job.

Sep 14, 2009 at 02:25 AM
Beverly Guhl
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #362 Framing Eve.

nice image; like the processing, too.

Sep 14, 2009 at 07:42 PM
Chad Schulz
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #362 Framing Eve.

Not as up on my Bible studies. I do know she's holding an apple. Could you explain the chains and spikes for us heathens?

Anyways, I love the photo. Great expression, composition, and lighting. Am just a bit too dense to get the imagery.

Chad

Sep 14, 2009 at 10:38 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #362 Framing Eve.

You might let the FDA know who sold her the apple....

Sep 14, 2009 at 11:35 PM
silvawispa
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #362 Framing Eve.

Its just a bit of childish fun, poking holes in bible stories.

After all if the creator, lord of all things, didn't want us to eat an apple, it wouldn't have been too hard to dissuade the first lady would it!

In short Eve was framed for original sin. The repercussions of this fable have affected society for quite a long time now, and are anything but childish.

The phrase i posted the image with is a lyric from an early p j harvey song, it seemed to fit.

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:55 PM
cardsunited
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #362 Framing Eve.

Good concept. I would like to see the left side of the image removed to get rid of most of the black. That would box her face in on the left side of the image. Possibly that could add more tension.

Sep 15, 2009 at 03:58 PM
maxwell_crowe

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #362 Framing Eve.

cardsunited wrote:
Good concept. I would like to see the left side of the image removed to get rid of most of the black. That would box her face in on the left side of the image. Possibly that could add more tension.

I was considering this as well with this image, but i think the black negative space on the left make it so beautiful. Negative space is SOOOOO important if used properly, meaning for example using neg space as your creative property instead of the photo; then sometimes neg space just gets abused and it defeats the purpose.

-maxwell

Sep 17, 2009 at 04:28 PM
maxwell_crowe

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #362 Framing Eve.

silvawispa

I LOVE this image, i will be voting for you. I don't have a critique because i cant find anything i dislike about it. The lighting, the pose, the expression, the colors are all just breathtaking and i hope you win.

Post Scrip: did you grab a model for the pic or were you shooting yourself? Either way the woman is extremely beautiful. The eyes on that woman are so captivating; reminds me of the "green eyed afghan" girl on time magazine that was world renowned.

cheers

-maxwell

Sep 17, 2009 at 04:33 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.