FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

Archive 2009 · High school senior portrait Sports shots

Jeff_Stapleton
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · High school senior portrait Sports shots

Wow...these really are awesome, thanks for sharing!

Aug 18, 2009 at 09:11 AM
Stoddard Reyno
• •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · High school senior portrait Sports shots

I personally call this look the Topaz or Lucas effect. I like them all, but don't get hung up with one style. Branch out with some new Looks and Ideas.

Aug 18, 2009 at 04:27 PM
Jeff Napier
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · High school senior portrait Sports shots

jhartman,
Thanks for sharing your info. I did have one other question, Have you ever had to have one of your seniors get feild/uniform access when a particular sport is out of season to do one of your sessions? If so, how is getting say the uniform accomplished when needed as some sports are just going to be plain out of season when senior photos are done?
If this is somwhat OT I appologize and you can PM me if you would like.

Thanks

Aug 18, 2009 at 06:17 PM
hogband
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · High school senior portrait Sports shots

These photos are awesome. I wish I had the ability/know how to do something like this, especially if our paper ever did any type of postseason awards. I'm extremely jealous!

Aug 19, 2009 at 11:41 PM
jhartman
• •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · High school senior portrait Sports shots

"Have you ever had to have one of your seniors get feild/uniform access when a particular sport is out of season to do one of your sessions?"

• The students are responsible for getting the uniforms and gear, as well as making arrangements to get into the empty stadium/court/pool/diamond/track, etc. So far the coaches have been cooperative, most likely because the students have been exceptionally responsible.

Aug 19, 2009 at 11:50 PM
wjlapier
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · High school senior portrait Sports shots

jhartman wrote:
"I bet she is not pleased and this is probably not her favorite photo."

• Not sure, but they bought a 20" portrait of this pose. Beauty is in the eye of the checkbook holder.

Excellent stuff.

I always thought it was interesting how we can be tough critics of our photos, but in the end it matters what the buyer thinks. I too sold many photos to parents that were dogged by folks in the People Forum.

Aug 20, 2009 at 08:54 AM
jairy hunter

p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · High school senior portrait Sports shots

+1 for sick. (in a good way)

Outstanding. For kids today to get this level of expertise on a senior portrait is amazing to me. I hope you're able to charge enough to make the effort worth your time and energy.

Aug 20, 2009 at 09:04 AM
mkweaver
• • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · High school senior portrait Sports shots

I love them all! I think the kids are probably very excited about them! What possessed the people on the "people" forum to think they should move? They are definitely portraits of people! And very good ones! Thanks for sharing!

Aug 20, 2009 at 09:17 AM
DukeK
• •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · High school senior portrait Sports shots

Wow, awesome stuff! Thanks for sharing!

As others have mentioned (and I know I'm being nitpicky)- I would prefer to see the guy sliding head first with a batting helmet on. I also would prefer the guy catcher to get rid of the bat and cap - i.e. either pose as a catcher or a batter, not both. And lastly I would like to see the softball gals with their hair up like they would wear it when they play (just a personal preference I guess).

Aug 20, 2009 at 01:28 PM
1       2      
       4       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.