Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2009 · #353 childhood

DaveNitsche
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #353 childhood

Mike, do you think I'd let you enter one without throwing something up? ;-)

Hope you're all well.

Edited on Jul 13, 2009 at 05:17 PM · View previous versions

Jul 13, 2009 at 03:41 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #353 childhood

now that is pretty cool. and, you can have your choice of pain, in color. Almost looks like an NBC logo gone bad.

Jul 13, 2009 at 04:33 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #353 childhood

Dave! Funny, I was just thinking about you. As always, killer shot! (double pun) two points.

I'm so happy to see your still shooting. It always gets me riled up to give it my best. I hope you stick around so I can kick your ass!

Beautiful work my friend!

Jul 13, 2009 at 04:41 PM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #353 childhood

It's so aesthetic it can not be scary.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Jul 13, 2009 at 05:11 PM
DaveNitsche
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #353 childhood

Yakim, don't you think it's scary that something so scary doesn't look scary hahahahahaha...

Changed the image. Like this one better. ;-)

Jul 13, 2009 at 05:18 PM
Beverly Guhl
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #353 childhood

It is so lovely it becomes an abstract masterpiece. The colors remind me of the suckers the docs used to give after you got your shot. Nice work.

Jul 13, 2009 at 06:29 PM
DaveNitsche
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #353 childhood

Beverly Guhl wrote:
It is so lovely it becomes an abstract masterpiece. The colors remind me of the suckers the docs used to give after you got your shot. Nice work.

Beverly, thanks so much and exactly what I was going for in this and the other shot I did. Thanks for getting it, you made me happy!!! Doctors try to make needles cool by giving lolly pops. Never worked with me.

Jul 13, 2009 at 06:35 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JD Anderson
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #353 childhood

I knew this was Dave's as soon as I saw it...
We have a story in the news about a medical technician who was injecting herself with pain meds, then filling the syringes with saline, for use on the patients. She has Hepatitus C. She claims to have done this approximately 6000 times. They just started testing patients, and 10 so far have come back positive for Hep C in Denver.

Scary, for sure.
Great image, as always.

Jul 14, 2009 at 02:21 AM
dancam
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #353 childhood

Great concept and execution in this shot. The colors and lighting are great, and the needles are scary! One of my friends fathers got stuck with a needle a couple years ago when has picking up a garbage bag and has to get tested every year now for anything. That would be scary as hell!

Jul 14, 2009 at 04:56 AM
Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #353 childhood

Excellent shot, Dave, as usual (when we see you around thee parts.) The colors are fantastic and the idea is jut great! You've used color-filled syringes before, What do you use for the color and how come you have so many syringes?

All the best,

Endre

Jul 14, 2009 at 05:43 AM
DaveNitsche
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · #353 childhood

JD Anderson wrote:
I knew this was Dave's as soon as I saw it...
We have a story in the news about a medical technician who was injecting herself with pain meds, then filling the syringes with saline, for use on the patients. She has Hepatitus C. She claims to have done this approximately 6000 times. They just started testing patients, and 10 so far have come back positive for Hep C in Denver.

Scary, for sure.
Great image, as always.

Thanks JD. Not a good story for sure. Hep C is bad, evil stuff... I'll never understand people as long as I live...

Jul 14, 2009 at 02:12 PM
DaveNitsche
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · #353 childhood

dancam wrote:
Great concept and execution in this shot. The colors and lighting are great, and the needles are scary! One of my friends fathers got stuck with a needle a couple years ago when has picking up a garbage bag and has to get tested every year now for anything. That would be scary as hell!

Thanks Dan. Glad you like.

Jul 14, 2009 at 02:12 PM
DaveNitsche
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · #353 childhood

Strad wrote:
Excellent shot, Dave, as usual (when we see you around thee parts.) The colors are fantastic and the idea is jut great! You've used color-filled syringes before, What do you use for the color and how come you have so many syringes?

All the best,

Endre

Hey Endre... The color is just water and food coloring. I back light this stuff so the colors just glow. I'm always looking for things that make people think one way and try to make them think of them in a different way. Most people are scared to death of needles. I've tried to use them to show a story. Not so much in this image, it's suppose to be scary, but they whole series (up to about 15 shots now) shows other things that are less ominous in thought. And most of the time I get "I hate needles but I really love this shot because it reminds me of X". Take a negative and make it a positive. At least that's the goal. :-)

Here's part of the series... I really gotta get to updating my site. I've really fallen behind...

http://www.davenitsche.net/viewgallery.aspx?ID=7

Jul 14, 2009 at 02:18 PM
jdieken
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · #353 childhood

Dave- Very nice, as are the other pictures in the series! I enjoyed taking a couple minutes to look at your shots. Thanks for sharing!

-Deke

Jul 16, 2009 at 03:19 AM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password