New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2009 · Micro Adjust - best system

Rich Swanner
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Micro Adjust - best system

We are talking about AF focus not Manual focusing here correct? My 400mm f/5.6L got lot's better with MA... This is 23ft away. He is smaller then a little finger.... http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc150/blackies_owner/_MG_2644_edited-2.jpg

Jul 06, 2009 at 12:00 AM
John--G
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Micro Adjust - best system

timgangloff wrote:
For what it's worth, I have no monetary interest in the system I mentioned above. That being said...

However, from watching their videos, it does look like you shoot at a perpendicular target and the angled measurement tool is only to tell you how far forwards or backwards your actual focal plane is. You are not shooting at the angeled target. Sometimes it easier to condemn something than actually look at it and see if it might be of some value.

I will be the first to admit that the LensAlign system is a tad over priced. However, having tried a variety of other methods I was intrigued enough to buy one. I have four bodies and over 20 lenses and needed a good way to check them.

The LensAlign system is amazingly easy to use. It is so fast and convenient that it almost makes it fun to check your lenses. For big telephotos you can attach it to a tripod and stick it out in the yard - or exactly at whatever distance you need.

I am able to calibrate any lens simply by looking at the LCD. No viewing on the PC with Photoshop is required. It takes less than 5-mins to check and adjust a lens.

I have plenty of expensive gadgets that I later regretted buying. This is not one of them.

Jul 06, 2009 at 08:45 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.