Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules · Current entries
  

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2009 · #344 Shell
  
 
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · #344 Shell


Finally, time to shoot a photo coupled with an interesting topic. This little shell is about an inch across but it certainly has a lot going for it. As always, all comments are most appreciated.







May 08, 2009 at 12:58 AM
Steven Roberts
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · #344 Shell


Hey buddy!!! Long time for both of us!!! I totally agree with the topics. No offense, but with the very little time I had, the interest just wasn't there and I am glad I can get back into it. I will be posting a shot I took today ironically. Just to at least get back into it. This one is very nice. I have seen one of your shell shots before but this is nothing shy from excellent and glad to see you back. Seems like I lost contact from the few I did know. I am once again an outsider but its all good.

Steve R



May 08, 2009 at 04:13 AM
Travis Rhoads
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · #344 Shell


the depth of the light, and the range of detail from the foreground to the little bits in the very deep center is great.


May 08, 2009 at 11:53 AM
James Markus
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · #344 Shell


Hey, Endre...good to see you posting again. A beautiful shell indeed...well done.


May 08, 2009 at 12:39 PM
Photon
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · #344 Shell


Beautifully arranged to show the inner spiral and all the striations.
Fine work as always!



May 08, 2009 at 08:33 PM
AuntiPode
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · #344 Shell


Lovely shell spiral. Shells are nature's sculpture at it's best.


May 09, 2009 at 02:14 AM
dancam
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · #344 Shell


The detail in this one is very nice. A front runner this week for sure.


May 09, 2009 at 06:25 AM
Benedictine
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · #344 Shell


Endre my friend, master;y as usual—Creation is a wondrous thing.

L&P

Andrew-Bede



May 10, 2009 at 05:26 AM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · #344 Shell


Thanks, Steve, old pal! I'm always glad to hear from you and, as always, I'm delighted that you like my latest effort. Glad to see you here, as well!

Warm regards,

Endre


Steven Roberts wrote:
Hey buddy!!! Long time for both of us!!! I totally agree with the topics. No offense, but with the very little time I had, the interest just wasn't there and I am glad I can get back into it. I will be posting a shot I took today ironically. Just to at least get back into it. This one is very nice. I have seen one of your shell shots before but this is nothing shy from excellent and glad to see you back. Seems like I lost contact from the few I did know. I am once again
...Show more



May 10, 2009 at 07:34 AM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · #344 Shell


So glad you like it! Thanks!

All the best,

Endre

artflake wrote:
the depth of the light, and the range of detail from the foreground to the little bits in the very deep center is great.




May 10, 2009 at 07:34 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · #344 Shell


Thanks, Jim, my friend! I am always happy when you like one of my shots!

Fond regards,

Endre

James Markus wrote:
Hey, Endre...good to see you posting again. A beautiful shell indeed...well done.




May 10, 2009 at 07:35 AM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · #344 Shell


Thanks, Jess, my friend! I'm so glad you like it. Setting it up was half the fun!

Fond regards,

Endre

Photon wrote:
Beautifully arranged to show the inner spiral and all the striations.
Fine work as always!




May 10, 2009 at 07:37 AM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · #344 Shell


Thanks so much. It's always nice to her from you and I'm delighted that you like it.

All best wishes,

Endre

AuntiPode wrote:
Lovely shell spiral. Shells are nature's sculpture at it's best.




May 10, 2009 at 07:38 AM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · #344 Shell


Thanks, Dan. I love sharp detail so I'm glad it came through.

All the best,

Endre

dancam wrote:
The detail in this one is very nice. A front runner this week for sure.




May 10, 2009 at 07:39 AM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · #344 Shell


Aint that the truth! So glad you like it, Andrew-Bede, my friend!

L & P back,

Endre

Benedictine wrote:
Endre my friend, master;y as usual—Creation is a wondrous thing.

L&P

Andrew-Bede




May 10, 2009 at 07:40 AM
vleetj
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · #344 Shell


The 3d perspective is "illusional". Could be going into the screen or coming out. Very well done, Endre.

-john



May 10, 2009 at 05:42 PM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · #344 Shell


Thanks, John. I appreciate your kind comment and am so glad you like it!

All the best,

Endre

vleetj wrote:
The 3d perspective is "illusional". Could be going into the screen or coming out. Very well done, Endre.

-john




May 10, 2009 at 08:07 PM
teglis
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · #344 Shell


Endre:

Beautifully done as usual. I agree with John about how the 3d perspective can be seen either way--a true optical illusion. Bravo!

All the best,
Rich



May 11, 2009 at 12:52 AM
Ray Still
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · #344 Shell


Just beautiful love the DOF here and not all the shell pattern but the textures as well, very nice work

Ray Still



May 11, 2009 at 01:06 AM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · #344 Shell


Thanks so much for commenting, Rich! I'm so glad you like it. This was a quick and easy shot compared to some others I've done.

All the best,

Endre

teglis wrote:
Endre:

Beautifully done as usual. I agree with John about how the 3d perspective can be seen either way--a true optical illusion. Bravo!

All the best,
Rich




May 11, 2009 at 01:18 AM
1
       2       end




FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password