Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2009 · Sold: canon 24L, 28/1.8 and 85/1.8

monky
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: canon 24L, 28/1.8 and 85/1.8

Here we have the leftovers from my latest attempt at shuffling my lenses around:

Canon 24mm f/1.4L USM

1. description: This lens is the sharpest, fastest, widest-angle lens you can get for a canon mount. On full frame, it can do things that nothing else on the market is capable of. But if you were looking for this lens, chances are you already knew that.
  2. bought: new from B&H, jan 2006 (UT1203). I sold this lens to a friend for a while, and then ended up buying it back.
  3. selling because: I bought this back from my friend to see if i might want to replace the 35L with it. however, i found that it is just too wide for my shooting. I will be sticking with the 35mm as I tend to reach for it far more, and cannot justify owning both.
  4. condition: great condition. hood has a few marks. lens has had a filter (included) on from day one.
  5. includes: everything as new. also includes a 77mm Hoya S-HMC UV (0) filter.
  6. price: $945 SOLD to zincozinco

Canon 28mm f/1.8 USM

1. description: This is a great lens. very compact and a respectable performer. makes a great trio with the 50/1.4 and 85/1.8
  2. bought: used from FM Buy and Sell, august 2008.
  3. selling because: Performance is just not up to the 35L, and i prefer the extra speed at f/1.4.
  4. condition: great condition. hood shows wear, as usual. has had a filter on (NOT included) since i recieved it.
  5. includes: lens and caps. also includes canon hood.
  6. price: $335 SOLD to Gadget_Girl on Dgrin

Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM

1. description: This lens is, in my opinion, as close to 'L' as you can get without paying the price. really a phenominal lens.
  2. bought: new at a local shop, july 2008
  3. selling because: I came across an 85L II at a great price and just could not pass it up. the decision to sell this and not the f/1.2 was a very long one, due to the price difference and the fact that the L focuses many times slower. but i figure i may as well keep the L while i can, becuase i'm not sure when/if the opportunity to own another would present itself.
  4. condition: great condition, like new. has had a filter (NOT included) on since day one.
  5. includes: everything as new.
  6. price: $295 SOLD

And now for the fine print:

The Usual

1. i do my best to answer questions ahead of time with this verbose of a listing. but if i missed something, dont hesitate to ask.
  2. images of, or samples from, any item are available at request and will be added to this ad as requested.
  3. all prices are 'pretty firm' (i.e., reasonable offers will be considered, and lowballers ignored)
  4. prices, unless otherwise noted in the description, are all "to your door" - i.e., they include paypal fees and insured shipping.
  5. i strongly prefer paypal (i will accept other payments, but won't ship until payment clears)
  6. i will ship internationally, but you pay any difference in shipping
  7. i am located in erie, PA. in the unlikely event that you are local, prices will be adjusted to reflect no paypal/shipping costs
  8. prices will also be adjusted for multiple purchases, to reflect my savings on shipping (and on aggravation)
  9. be prepared to show some sort of reference, in the form of feedback on this site or others. if you don't, i will probabbly ask for it.
  10. i try to honor 'first come, first served'. but if the next person in line is ready to go while you're still debating 24 hours later, then it's thiers.

Sales pitch

1. i am anal retentive about everything i own, and this carries over to my camera gear.
  2. i am very honest and direct when it comes to disclosing condition of anything i sell.
  3. i save *everything* when i buy a camera or lens. i do not even open software. when i say "includes everything as new", i mean it. even the twist ties
  4. i do not smoke, nor does anyone in my family.
  5. i communicate as promptly as possible, and make sure you are notified of shipping and tracking info
  6. i pack very well; as securely as any retailer (and arguably better than some)
  7. i have plenty of feedback; on dgrin (monky), FM (monky) and ebay (monky9000)

Gaurantee

1. if, after receiving the item, you feel it is not as described in any way, you can send it back to me for a refund (less shipping).
  2. you have 3 days to let me know that it does not meet your expectations.
  3. i will refund your money on receipt of the item back from you, AND if everything (packaging included) is returned in the same condition it was when it left me.
  4. sorry, but things like "it is not sharp enough viewed at 1600% shot wide open" (are you listening, pixel peepers?) or "i think maybe i changed my mind" do not qualify here.
  5. this applies to everything i sell, unless otherwise noted in the description

Contact me (in order of preference)

1. via email
  2. via response to my FS post
  3. via AIM at monky9000 (home) or gearmonky (work)
  4. via PM (only if you can't get to any of the other methods, please)

Edited on Feb 26, 2009 at 02:49 AM · View previous versions

Feb 25, 2009 at 04:28 AM
zincozinco

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: canon 24L, 28/1.8 and 85/1.8

i am zincozinco over at POTN as well, I want your 24L - will you ship to spain?

Feb 25, 2009 at 04:53 AM
w8291

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: canon 24L, 28/1.8 and 85/1.8

pm sent for Canon 28mm f/1.8 USM

Feb 25, 2009 at 04:57 AM
jlin

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: canon 24L, 28/1.8 and 85/1.8

you have an email re: 28mm 1.8 =]

Feb 25, 2009 at 04:59 AM
Mchu86
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: canon 24L, 28/1.8 and 85/1.8

I just have to give you a free bump for such a great ad that includes so much info.

If I had the money, I would definitely pick that 24L...

Feb 25, 2009 at 05:20 AM
monky
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: canon 24L, 28/1.8 and 85/1.8

responded to everyone.

zincozinco, i will ship to spain, but any additional fees are going to have to be picked up by you. do you have a link to some feedback on POTN?

Mchu86, thx

Feb 25, 2009 at 10:01 AM
zincozinco

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sold: canon 24L, 28/1.8 and 85/1.8

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=650775&highlight=fs+17-40

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=650305&highlight=fs+85mm

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=650362&highlight=fs+100mm+2.8

some recent sales I have done, do you have paypal?

Feb 25, 2009 at 02:02 PM
landay
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sold: canon 24L, 28/1.8 and 85/1.8

He said he does paypal if you read through the ad!

Free bump for a great price on a great lens!

Feb 25, 2009 at 03:41 PM
zincozinco

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sold: canon 24L, 28/1.8 and 85/1.8

i just meant I want "his" paypal...

Feb 25, 2009 at 03:54 PM
zincozinco

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sold: canon 24L, 28/1.8 and 85/1.8

Paid for the 24L

Feb 25, 2009 at 04:03 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.