Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2009 · (HELP) BEST Pentacon 6 lenses?

omarlyn
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · (HELP) BEST Pentacon 6 lenses?

I'm looking for one or two lenses in Pentacon 6 mount for a project but I am completely unfamiliar with these lenses. Can someone please help me with a list of the better performing lenses and/or a list of the ones to avoid! Also, best places to find some deals would also be appreciated.

Omar

Feb 23, 2009 at 06:30 PM
nikarlo

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · (HELP) BEST Pentacon 6 lenses?

zeiss 50mm f4 MC (red)
schneider 80mm 2,8
zeiss 180mm 2,8 MC (red)

Feb 24, 2009 at 04:20 AM
lepp

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · (HELP) BEST Pentacon 6 lenses?

All Zeiss:

Flektogon 50 F4
Biometar 80 F2.8
Biometar 120 F2.8
Sonnar 180 F2.8

Feb 24, 2009 at 04:43 AM
Lotusm50
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · (HELP) BEST Pentacon 6 lenses?

The better performing lenses for the Pentacon 6 (or Exakta 66) are those made by Schneider. They are essentially the same lenses they produced for Rollei in the Pentacon 6 mount. In most cases these are better than the Zeiss lenses produced for Hassy and Rollei. These include:

80mm f2.8 Xenotar
150 f4.0 Tele-Xenar
60mm f3.5 Curtagon
250mm f5.6 Tele-Xenar
40mm f4.0 Curtagon
the Variogon zooms are also very good.

These can be hard to find. I used to have the 150 and 60mm lenses (regrettably, I sold them) and still have the 80mm.

A step down from these (but still desirable good performers) would be the Carl Zeiss Jena lenses referred to above. Note these lenses are not made by the "Carl Zeiss" normally discussed in this forum, but a different East German company founded to occupy and use the abandoned CZ factory in Jena, East Germany after WWII). With these I would stick to the "MC" (multi-coated) versions and as late a serial number as possible. These lenses would include:

50mm f4.0 MC Flektogon
180mm f2.8 MC Sonnar
120mm f2.8 MC Biometar (very hard to find in the "MC" version)
300mm f4.0 MC Sonnar

A good full-functioned tilt-shift would be the Hartblei 45mm f3.5 Super Rotator.

And if you want a fisheye, you really can't beat the price performance ratio of the Arsat 30mm fisheye (Hartblei and another brand may also sell this Ukranian produced lens).

It's a shame, but I still have most of these lenses sitting on shelves, no longer being used.

Feb 24, 2009 at 07:25 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · (HELP) BEST Pentacon 6 lenses?

hmm

Apr 11, 2014 at 01:21 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.