5       6       end

Archive 2009 · TS with macro?

Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · TS with macro?

jcolwell wrote:
Man! It'll be worth the wait.

Just thought about it. When you say that, do you mean that there is no good alternative to the Mirex? It's not that I'm impatient (I am... ) but I'm really concerned. Now, after buying the lens, there is no turning back.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Mar 20, 2009 at 06:41 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · TS with macro?

I guess the alternatives to Mirex are Zoerk, various tilt and shift adapters, and 35mm T-S lenses. I started with a Hartblei Pentacon 6 to EOS tilt adapter, and a generic (grizzlybear33) M645 to EOS shift adapter. They worked as advertised, but weren't nearly as well made as the Mirex, and the two of them togther cost slightly more than half of the Mirex (relative prices may have changed since then). After I figured out what I really wanted - a Mirex - I bought it and sold the other adapters.

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:32 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · TS with macro?

I'd love to do as well it but they don't want my money.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Mar 20, 2009 at 03:16 PM
Edward Castro
• • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · TS with macro?

Have you seen this announcment? New Hartblei TS 120mm f/4 Macro lens.

Mar 24, 2009 at 10:10 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · TS with macro?

1. It goes only to 1:4.
2. I already bought M645 120/4.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Mar 24, 2009 at 10:25 AM
Michael Gordon
• • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · TS with macro?

From the images I've seen the Mamiya 120 is a beauty. We'll see what the new super-rotator costs and how it performs.
I have a new Mirex adapter too but a one of a kind for OM and can use my OM-EOS adapters. Marcus Michelberger at Mirex is often slow in answering e-mails, but he seems to always do so eventually. The risks of a "One-of"----they did not protect the screw holes for an OM 4T as the spot metering switch can be damaged--epoxy will fix that. They did not put in a tab to couple the meter---he didn't have a clue what I meant and asked me to read the manual on my OM cams as to how to use non-system lenses. I think it was largely a language issue. The tab can be added w/o too much fussing, but it is not worth a round trip to Germany. I'll have to look at the T2 mount adapter for OM to see exactly where it should go. More complicated than I thought. I wish I were more of an experienced lens mount surgeon, I would have anticipated thses issues.
Mike

Mar 24, 2009 at 07:02 PM
Dominik Lazars

p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · TS with macro?

Slightly off-topic but how come Novoflex offers their tilt-shift bellows with only 3 lens choices permanently attached? Is there a reason why you can't mount any lens you choose?

Mar 25, 2009 at 10:15 AM
erichard
• • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · TS with macro?

What might be interesting is if Mirex could make a T/S adapter that had a T2 adapter system on the front *and* the back, so you could hook up any lens to any camera that T2 is compatible with, given all the limitations of the lens registration, etc. I'm not sure, however, whether T2 adapters come in male and female varieties for the bayonet systems.

Mar 25, 2009 at 01:24 PM
AhamB
• • • • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · TS with macro?

@Richard: They do come in both male and female, but the male ones (that would go on the front of the pictured t/s adapter) are very rare.

Mar 25, 2009 at 02:35 PM
erichard
• • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · TS with macro?

That's interesting. I suppose they could locate a supplier to make a batch. I believe they use Hama to supply the conventional T2 adapters. Wouldn't that be cool.

I even found a UK fellow who chips T2 adapters for focus confirm. His actually looks like a Hama as well.

Mar 25, 2009 at 04:39 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · TS with macro?

Apr 05, 2009 at 01:51 PM
AhamB
• • • • •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · TS with macro?

Yakim, you'll find a solution, don't worry!

Apr 05, 2009 at 02:31 PM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · TS with macro?

Yes, but it will take me at least a month.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Apr 05, 2009 at 04:17 PM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · TS with macro?

Yakim Peled wrote:
"The TS-Adapter requested by you is sold off at the moment. The TS-Adapter will be deliverable within approx. 6 weeks again."

6 weeks passed and still no adapter. "The completion of the TS-Adapter still will be delayaed by another 2 weeks."

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

May 04, 2009 at 01:51 AM
phuang3
• • •
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · TS with macro?

Yakim:

Thanks for your info.

May 04, 2009 at 07:15 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · TS with macro?

You're welcome. I just wish I could deliver better news.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

May 04, 2009 at 07:23 AM
Michael Gordon
• • •
p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · TS with macro?

Marcus Michelberger at Mirex always eventually answered the e-mails and they came through with a one-of-a-kind Mirex for OM. I then can use it with infinity focus on OM and go OM-EOS. They did not get the aperture coupling tab right (they clearly did not understand how that worked) nor protect the screw slots from the tab on the 4T that clears the spot metering. Both are fixable and not worth a trip to Germany.
They sent a 0.25 foil ring to guard the screw slots but that should through off the registration distance.

Mr. M did not like the idea of M42 to EOS or M42 to X for reasons I could not understand due to the language issues. His English is better than my German.
I think he was worried that the Tilt would not be lined up properly. I am not sure what he was getting at as I don't have any experience with that mount. He liked bayonet mounts better. I don't see why the screw mount wouldn't work fine, nonetheless.

May 05, 2009 at 10:34 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · TS with macro?

Michael Gordon wrote:
I think he was worried that the Tilt would not be lined up properly.

Did anyone has experienced trouble with this?

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

May 06, 2009 at 12:57 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.4 #19 · p.4 #19 · TS with macro?

They say that good things happen to those who wait. Well, I waited 3 months just to order. I hope it will worth it.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/779310/

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Jun 03, 2009 at 05:49 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.4 #20 · p.4 #20 · TS with macro?

I know you'll like it.

Don't even think about getting a Mamiya Auto Bellows N system ().

Jun 03, 2009 at 06:05 AM
1       2       3      
       5       6       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5       6       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.