Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules · Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2009 · #333 Check

Strad
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · #333 Check

Thank you so much, Scott! I'm delighted you like it so much!

All the best,

Endre

Scott Kane wrote:
Incredible, absolutely incredible.

Feb 24, 2009 at 08:52 AM
markoner
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · #333 Check

Another super shot of one of your favorite subject my friend !
It certainly fits the theme very well.

Congrats on the new equipment. As guess there is a learning curve but the result is already very good

Cheers,

Julien

Feb 24, 2009 at 09:00 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · #333 Check

The light maestro is back. I'm so glad to see you around again. I mean, I am partly glad. Kind of half-hearted about this. Now, only Bev is missing and we could all go playing in the kindergarten. Not much use posting pictures while you are around.

Funnily, I can't say it's perfect. The lighting - yes, your daughter - yes, nothing new here but the composition seems a bit unnatural. It seems as if she is sitting very low or next to a very high table. She also doesn't seem to be leaning. Hurray. Endre is human. I mean, I think….

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Feb 24, 2009 at 09:34 AM
Strad
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · #333 Check

Thanks, Julien, my friend! I'm always delighted when you like one of my shots. The learning curve on the lighting equipment was far, far smaller than I had been anticipating. Basically, I set it all up and almost from the first shot, I was getting good results.

Warm regards,

Endre

markoner wrote:
Another super shot of one of your favorite subject my friend !
It certainly fits the theme very well.

Congrats on the new equipment. As guess there is a learning curve but the result is already very good

Cheers,

Julien

Feb 24, 2009 at 09:53 AM
Strad
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · #333 Check

Thank you, Yakim, my friend! As always, I'm delighted that you like my entry. Don't jump to conclusions about the setup, though. Eva likes to play chess and often will get down close to the set when she is thinking. So, although i did pose her and she was very cooperative in helping me out, it is a somewhat natural pose for her. For compositional reasons I wanted her very close to the chess board and pieces. Otherwise, she and the chess game would not have been as unified. Here is another shot from the same shoot. I think the expression in her eyes is more "concentrated" in the first one.

Warm regards,

Endre

Yakim Peled wrote:
The light maestro is back. I'm so glad to see you around again. I mean, I am partly glad. Kind of half-hearted about this. Now, only Bev is missing and we could all go playing in the kindergarten. Not much use posting pictures while you are around.

Funnily, I can't say it's perfect. The lighting - yes, your daughter - yes, nothing new here but the composition seems a bit unnatural. It seems as if she is sitting very low or next to a very high table. She also doesn't seem to be leaning. Hurray. Endre is human.
...Show more

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:10 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · #333 Check

Arrrrrr……. I should have guessed it.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:36 AM
Howeird
• •
p.2 #7 · #333 Check

Fantastic lighting, the catch lights in the eyes are superb. So was it check mate next move?

Well done
Howard

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:20 PM
Canon ball
• •
p.2 #8 · #333 Check

Beautiful shot. I love the second one as well, the chin resting on the hand and the less intense gaze still spells concentration, but more a 'between moves' concentration than the first shot. Great lighting, skin tones and DOF.

Feb 24, 2009 at 11:26 PM
hhski
• • • •
p.2 #9 · #333 Check

Yes another winner. If you had not mentioned new lighting equipment I would not have noticed.

Feb 24, 2009 at 11:32 PM
Strad
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · #333 Check

I make plenty of photographic mistakes, Yakim, my friend. Often, though, they tend to work out in my favor.

All best wishes,

Ende

Yakim Peled wrote:
Arrrrrr……. I should have guessed it.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Feb 25, 2009 at 01:38 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Strad
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · #333 Check

Thanks, Howard! I'm glad to hear from you and happy you like it. Actually, I started out setting up a real game but it didn't look good in the viewfinder so I just pushed pieces around until I started seeing what I wanted. I guess that counts as "check-mate".

All the best,

Endre

Howeird wrote:
Fantastic lighting, the catch lights in the eyes are superb. So was it check mate next move?

Well done
Howard

Feb 25, 2009 at 01:41 AM
Strad
• • • • •
p.2 #12 · #333 Check

Thanks so much! I'm glad you like both of them. The second one is a lot more dreamy and will be a nice portrait of Eva for the future.

All the best,

Endre

Canon ball wrote:
Beautiful shot. I love the second one as well, the chin resting on the hand and the less intense gaze still spells concentration, but more a 'between moves' concentration than the first shot. Great lighting, skin tones and DOF.

Feb 25, 2009 at 01:42 AM
Strad
• • • • •
p.2 #13 · #333 Check

Thanks so much, Howard! I'm always happy when you like one of my shots. Since 99 % of what I've done until now has been with natural light, to have no discernible difference between that and studio lighting is a great compliment, indeed! That's the whole purpose of studio light - to emulate what one gets outside.

All best wishes,

Endre

hhski wrote:
Yes another winner. If you had not mentioned new lighting equipment I would not have noticed.

Feb 25, 2009 at 01:45 AM
Photon
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · #333 Check

Endre, we missed you, and I was about to write to check up on you. Speaking of odd assignment topics, have you noticed the current monthly?

Eva is always lovely, and your lighting will always work well because you see it well (but I'm sure you'll enjoy the new equipment). Wonderful depiction of the theme!

Feb 25, 2009 at 01:55 AM
Strad
• • • • •
p.2 #15 · #333 Check

Thanks for the concern, Jess. All's well here. Yes, I looked at the MA. Weird stuff.

I appreciate your kind words about my photo. So glad you like it. The equipment is really just meant to be adjunctive to my old way of doing things with natural light. I want to get into doing Headshots for actors and musicians and it's the consistency of light at any hour of day or night that I need.

Fond regards,

Endre

Photon wrote:
Endre, we missed you, and I was about to write to check up on you. Speaking of odd assignment topics, have you noticed the current monthly?

Eva is always lovely, and your lighting will always work well because you see it well (but I'm sure you'll enjoy the new equipment). Wonderful depiction of the theme!

Feb 25, 2009 at 07:42 AM
paulobro
• • •
p.2 #16 · #333 Check

Up to your standards and an eye magnet, Endre.

Paulo

Feb 25, 2009 at 07:53 AM
Strad
• • • • •
p.2 #17 · #333 Check

Thanks so much, Paulo! I appreciate your kind comment.

All the best,

Endre

paulobro wrote:
Up to your standards and an eye magnet, Endre.

Paulo

Feb 25, 2009 at 10:03 AM
silvawispa
• • •
p.2 #18 · #333 Check

Thanks, Howard! I'm glad to hear from you and happy you like it. Actually, I started out setting up a real game but it didn't look good in the viewfinder so I just pushed pieces around until I started seeing what I wanted. I guess that counts as "check-mate".

THAT'S how that bishop wound up there :-)

Lovely shot, though the chess geek in me would like to have been able to recognise the state of the game :-)

Feb 25, 2009 at 03:44 PM
Fishit
• • • •
p.2 #19 · #333 Check

Most excellent work Endre ...

Feb 26, 2009 at 02:06 AM
Strad
• • • • •
p.2 #20 · #333 Check

Thanks for the kind comment. Sometimes art has to triumph over reality.

All the best,

Endre

silvawispa wrote:
THAT'S how that bishop wound up there :-)

Lovely shot, though the chess geek in me would like to have been able to recognise the state of the game :-)

Feb 26, 2009 at 02:14 AM
       3       end

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password