Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2009 · Milton Three Ponds, NH Ice Races

treebeard
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Milton Three Ponds, NH Ice Races

Went to my first ice race today at Milton Three Ponds which is about 15 minutes from me. We got to drive out on the ice (between 2-3 ft. thick) to watch the action. My 2 kids loved it and my 3-year old now wants a snowmachine. Yeah Right. All shot with my D300 and Nikon 80-200 at f/4, ISO 200 and shutter speeds generally right around 1/4000s. I was too lazy to crop these....way too tired tonight. Thanks for looking!

Jan 25, 2009 at 08:05 PM
shammule
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Milton Three Ponds, NH Ice Races

I think the picture of your friends car is very nice! I would maybe crop it a bit tighter? I like the first two in terms of action etc.

Nice job!

Sam

Jan 26, 2009 at 03:26 PM
ZackHughes
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Milton Three Ponds, NH Ice Races

why are all the parked cars throwing snow like they are moving?

Jan 26, 2009 at 03:52 PM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Milton Three Ponds, NH Ice Races

The race track is a big circle on the pond created by about 4 plow trucks. To watch the races you basically park around the outside of the circle. You can't get too close because cars have been known to flip over into the outside portion of the track. Next weekend I will be able to sit in the middle with the plow trucks. I plan on bringing my Tokina 300 2.8 this time.

Jan 26, 2009 at 06:22 PM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Milton Three Ponds, NH Ice Races

shammule wrote:
I think the picture of your friends car is very nice! I would maybe crop it a bit tighter? I like the first two in terms of action etc.

Nice job!

Sam

I will crop it for him because he wants to purchase several photos from me.

Jan 26, 2009 at 06:23 PM
ZackHughes
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Milton Three Ponds, NH Ice Races

treebeard wrote:
The race track is a big circle on the pond created by about 4 plow trucks. To watch the races you basically park around the outside of the circle. You can't get too close because cars have been known to flip over into the outside portion of the track. Next weekend I will be able to sit in the middle with the plow trucks. I plan on bringing my Tokina 300 2.8 this time.

i meant lower your shutter speed
the cars look like they are not moving

Jan 26, 2009 at 09:05 PM
WmPat
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Milton Three Ponds, NH Ice Races

Where I come from we would call that snow racing instead of ice racing. But very nice pictures.

Jan 27, 2009 at 02:04 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.