Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules ยท Current entries
  

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2008 · #322 afterburners...
  
 
Photon
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #322 afterburners...


...or, when it hits the fan.

1 second
f/11
light source: modeling light only of a monolight, with standard 7" reflector and "barn doors" to control spill.

This is all the time I can spare, so while I'm always happy to get suggestions for future improvement, this will likely be the first and last form my entry gets this week.
At a glance, I see some great entries as usual, and if I get a chance and have internet access, I'll try to comment. You folks are inspirational!







Dec 09, 2008 at 02:44 AM
nlamendo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #322 afterburners...


Great shot!
A clever entry and well executed. the colors are lovely. I wouldn't change a thing.
-Nick



Dec 09, 2008 at 03:13 AM
JHut
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #322 afterburners...


Jess... Very Cool Shot! I wish that I could not see that red knot on the fan though... I would have enjoyed the element of wondering how and what.


Dec 09, 2008 at 03:32 AM
gt_me_jon
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #322 afterburners...


Great shot. Really does give the illusion of flames. Love the colors and composition on this one. I also wish I could not see the knot, but it's a fabulous image regardless.

Jon



Dec 09, 2008 at 03:37 AM
Photon
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #322 afterburners...


nlamendo wrote:
Great shot!
A clever entry and well executed. the colors are lovely. I wouldn't change a thing.
-Nick

Thanks Nick! There are some little things that I wish I could change, but overall I guess I'm happy, and I appreciate your comments!



Dec 09, 2008 at 03:59 AM
Photon
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #322 afterburners...


JHut wrote:
Jess... Very Cool Shot! I wish that I could not see that red knot on the fan though... I would have enjoyed the element of wondering how and what.

Oh, you mean the plasma injector nozzle

Thanks much John! I worried about the knot even as I tied it, but couldn't work out a way to hide it, at least in the short time I had for my "long exposure".



Dec 09, 2008 at 04:02 AM
Photon
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #322 afterburners...


gt_me_jon wrote:
Great shot. Really does give the illusion of flames. Love the colors and composition on this one. I also wish I could not see the knot, but it's a fabulous image regardless.

Jon

Thanks Jon, that's pretty hefty praise for my little idea, but I'm glad to hear that others are seeing the flame illusion that I tried to create.



Dec 09, 2008 at 04:04 AM
Bill Sutherland
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #322 afterburners...


My first thought was flames but the title does suggest that anyway. Cool image


Dec 09, 2008 at 05:44 AM
Photon
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #322 afterburners...


Bill Sutherland wrote:
My first thought was flames but the title does suggest that anyway. Cool image

Thanks!



Dec 09, 2008 at 05:52 AM
Andrew K
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #322 afterburners...


Awesome, very cool i like it alot.


Dec 09, 2008 at 07:57 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



vleetj
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · #322 afterburners...


Great capture. I was thinking about shooting a fan, but I know mine would have not even come close to being as interesting as the one you shot. Bravo!

--john



Dec 09, 2008 at 10:47 AM
Steve Spencer
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · #322 afterburners...


Hi Jess,

Very cool image. I love the effect you have created.

Best wishes,

Steve S.



Dec 09, 2008 at 12:17 PM
haymest
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · #322 afterburners...


Well thought out and executed. Perfect implementation of "long exposure". I only wish I had thought of it first.

Tom



Dec 09, 2008 at 01:43 PM
glyons
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · #322 afterburners...


nice idea


Dec 09, 2008 at 03:26 PM
Photon
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · #322 afterburners...


Andrew K wrote:
Awesome, very cool i like it alot.

Thank you!



Dec 09, 2008 at 04:31 PM
Photon
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · #322 afterburners...


vleetj wrote:
Great capture. I was thinking about shooting a fan, but I know mine would have not even come close to being as interesting as the one you shot. Bravo!

--john

Thanks!
Give it a try, doesn't have to be for the assignment. I often find that I can create a good-but-too-late image when I've had more time for the ideas to grow (or for the time to shoot!), and it's worthwhile without needing to be part of the WA.



Dec 09, 2008 at 04:33 PM
Photon
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · #322 afterburners...


Steve Spencer wrote:
Hi Jess,

Very cool image. I love the effect you have created.

Best wishes,

Steve S.

Thanks Steve!



Dec 09, 2008 at 04:33 PM
Photon
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · #322 afterburners...


haymest wrote:
Well thought out and executed. Perfect implementation of "long exposure". I only wish I had thought of it first.

Tom

Thanks Tom!



Dec 09, 2008 at 04:35 PM
Photon
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · #322 afterburners...


glyons wrote:
nice idea

Thank you!



Dec 09, 2008 at 04:36 PM
ruuskan
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · #322 afterburners...


Good work with this, a fine idea well executed


Dec 09, 2008 at 05:27 PM
1
       2       end






FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password