Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules · Current entries
  

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2008 · #322 Decisions
  
 
Vipermike
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #322 Decisions


Have a great week! As always, thanks for stopping by.






Edited on Dec 08, 2008 at 05:04 AM · View previous versions



Dec 06, 2008 at 08:14 AM
vleetj
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #322 Decisions


Great job, Mike. Makes me wonder what the lungs look like after the "long exposure".

--john



Dec 06, 2008 at 08:34 AM
Vipermike
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #322 Decisions


Exactly John. You hit the coffin nail right on the head! Thanks!


Dec 06, 2008 at 08:48 AM
Bill Sutherland
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #322 Decisions


Excellent job as always Mike. I'm sure with your expertise you could add a glowing red tip + ash to the 'cigarette' and a touch of curling smoke for greater reality (I speak from previous experience but no longer partake).

By the way, where do you get all your props from?



Dec 06, 2008 at 09:08 AM
Vipermike
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #322 Decisions


Bill Sutherland wrote:
Excellent job as always Mike. I'm sure with your expertise you could add a glowing red tip + ash to the 'cigarette' and a touch of curling smoke for greater reality (I speak from previous experience but no longer partake).

By the way, where do you get all your props from?



Hey Bill, Thank you. I appreciate the thoughts my friend. I purposely did not have the cigarette lit for a couple of reasons. I wanted it to be more about perception, regret, reflection, and contemplation, one of thought. That and the promotion of blowing ones self up might not be a good idea.

This prop was from an oxygen setup that belonged to my Mom a few months back.



Dec 06, 2008 at 09:28 AM
AuntiPode
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #322 Decisions


Superlative lighting, Mike!!!


Dec 06, 2008 at 09:33 AM
Vipermike
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #322 Decisions


AuntiPode wrote:
Superlative lighting, Mike!!!


Hey Karen!!! Thank you. It's tough being on both sides of the camera indeed.



Dec 06, 2008 at 09:39 AM
Steve Spencer
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #322 Decisions


Hi Mike,

What a stunning, thought-provoking, and emotion-filled shot. When last week you talked about being bored and wanting to reach deeper, this shot sure answers that call. As fantastic as so many of your others shots have been, this is my absolute favorite. It displays your typical awesome technique, but also packs a walloping emotional punch. It shows you could be quite the actor as well. I don't know how to be more laudatory, so I will just end with exceptionally well done. Bravo and encore next week.

Best wishes,

Steve S.



Dec 06, 2008 at 12:44 PM
J Andersen
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #322 Decisions


Very creative take om the assignment and kind of scary too!


Dec 06, 2008 at 12:49 PM
Carolyn1250
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #322 Decisions


Awesome shot ... of course, I too want to see the way it would look with the decision already made (the descent, as it were); and the cigarette lit ... but this is excellent. Does he? Doesn't he?

This would make an outstanding series for many other substances too. It's powerful. Addiction is so very much in the brain, you've captured that so well.

Carolyn



Dec 06, 2008 at 01:28 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



CDalessandro
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · #322 Decisions


Thought provoking! Out of the box! Creative,imaginative, WOW, you teach me so much from your post.Another incredible entry..Bravo Mike...well done!


Dec 06, 2008 at 01:54 PM
Steven Roberts
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · #322 Decisions


Intense Mike...Simply intense. Steve Spencer also said it well. Guess you were really bored huh because this is far from that.

Steve R




Dec 06, 2008 at 04:57 PM
Yakim Peled
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · #322 Decisions


With the oxygen mask he probably thinks "Should I light it now and risk explosion are wait till later?" Well, that's what sprang to my mind when I saw it.

The lighting, the composition, the expression, all great and all compose to an awesome pic.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.



Dec 06, 2008 at 08:13 PM
teglis
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · #322 Decisions


Mike:

I have to add my voice to the chorus of positive comments. A masterful entry.

-- Rich



Dec 07, 2008 at 01:06 AM
Carrol
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · #322 Decisions


LOVE the lighting. (Hmmm.. heard that before.) And the expression on your face is perfect.
Well done, Mike

Wonder if an "old-man-shirt" might help a bit. (?) You look too young to be on oxygen.

Edited on Dec 07, 2008 at 07:12 PM · View previous versions



Dec 07, 2008 at 04:52 AM
rjs14
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · #322 Decisions


Hi Mike. I just stopped by stillzone. I aboslutely love your stuff. Amazing stuff!!!


Dec 07, 2008 at 02:31 PM
Vipermike
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · #322 Decisions


Steve Spencer wrote:
Hi Mike,

What a stunning, thought-provoking, and emotion-filled shot. When last week you talked about being bored and wanting to reach deeper, this shot sure answers that call. As fantastic as so many of your others shots have been, this is my absolute favorite. It displays your typical awesome technique, but also packs a walloping emotional punch. It shows you could be quite the actor as well. I don't know how to be more laudatory, so I will just end with exceptionally well done. Bravo and encore next week.

Best wishes,

Steve S.


Thank you Steve! I took to heart what you and mentioned last week. It helped. Thank you my friend and I'm glad you like it. You and others helped create it.



Dec 07, 2008 at 07:55 PM
Vipermike
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · #322 Decisions


J Andersen wrote:
Very creative take on the assignment and kind of scary too!


Thank you Jakob. Scary fate indeed.



Dec 07, 2008 at 08:14 PM
Vipermike
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · #322 Decisions


Carolyn1250 wrote:
Awesome shot ... of course, I too want to see the way it would look with the decision already made (the descent, as it were); and the cigarette lit ... but this is excellent. Does he? Doesn't he?

This would make an outstanding series for many other substances too. It's powerful. Addiction is so very much in the brain, you've captured that so well.

Carolyn


Carolyn! I'm glad you stopped by. Thank you.

I was so tempted to shoot it with the cigarette lit, but youíre right, I did not want to make that decision for you. However I do think it would have been more powerful that his addiction was stronger than the potential danger of blowing himself up. Ironically it would be a faster way to go.

Addiction was going to be the original title but I didnít want to label it as a literal piece. Which would have worked fine, but to me it was more about controlling ones fate. Which again lead to the cigarette not being lit.



Dec 07, 2008 at 08:33 PM
Vipermike
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · #322 Decisions


CDalessandro wrote:
Thought provoking! Out of the box! Creative,imaginative, WOW, you teach me so much from your post.Another incredible entry..Bravo Mike...well done!


Carolyn, youíre too kind. If anything I do inspires anyone, it's all worth it to me. Thank you.



Dec 07, 2008 at 08:42 PM
1
       2       end






FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password