Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2008 · Cropping from Landscape to Portrait in Lightroom and vice...

DB
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Cropping from Landscape to Portrait in Lightroom and vice versa

When I'm editing portrait or wedding photos I like to keep my pictures at a 4x6 (or 2x3) ratio. Sometimes I like to change a landscape photo into portrait orientation. Everyone once in a while I'd like to change portrait to landscape. But I can't seem to keep the lock on the ratio while flipping the crop. Any way to do this? I guess I'd like a way to keep the standard ratio, but reverse.

I'm working on LR 1.4 -- I will be upgrading within a the month, so let me know if there is a way to do it in LR 2.0. Thanks!

Nov 10, 2008 at 07:20 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Cropping from Landscape to Portrait in Lightroom and vice versa

If you have Photoshop it's just a simple marquee or crop tool option.

Nov 12, 2008 at 11:09 AM
WillWeb
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Cropping from Landscape to Portrait in Lightroom and vice versa

I don't know what method you're using to flip the crop. I grab the corner of the crop box and move it to where it needs to be for portrait and the aspect ratio stays locked. Worked for me in 1.x and still works in 2.1.

Nov 13, 2008 at 03:23 AM
Wayne Fox
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Cropping from Landscape to Portrait in Lightroom and vice versa

WillWeb wrote:
I don't know what method you're using to flip the crop. I grab the corner of the crop box and move it to where it needs to be for portrait and the aspect ratio stays locked. Worked for me in 1.x and still works in 2.1.

This is how it works for me as well. It switches from landscape to portrait based on where you drag the corner.

Nov 13, 2008 at 08:52 AM
DB
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Cropping from Landscape to Portrait in Lightroom and vice versa

Thanks! I was surprised it was so easy to do, don't know why I hadn't figured it out before...

Nov 13, 2008 at 01:14 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password