WA Rules · Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2008 · #310 At The Entrance

Strad
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · #310 At The Entrance

Thanks so much, John. I always appreciate your kind comments and I'm really glad you like this. I have done a few HDR composites but this wasn't one of them.

Fond regards,

Endre

jban99 wrote:
Excellent picture my friend!
I love the exquisite definition of textures and your masterful control of HDR.
Just perfect, congratulations…

Sep 17, 2008 at 03:23 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · #310 At The Entrance

Thanks so much, Mike, my friend! I'm always glad when you like my shots. I played up there as a kid, too. Maybe we ran into one another.

Best regards,

Endre

Vipermike wrote:
Great shot Endre! Ahh my old stomping grounds as a kid when I would visit my school friends in the canyon. Thanks for the memories. Love the bird in the shot, lucky bas%*rd! well done

Sep 17, 2008 at 03:25 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · #310 At The Entrance

Thanks, Bill! I'm so glad you like it. Post up the shot this inspires after you do it.

All best wishes,

Endre

Bill Sutherland wrote:
Outstanding shot Endre. Has given me an idea for a shot I've been meaning to take for some while now, although not for this week's theme.

Sep 17, 2008 at 03:26 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · #310 At The Entrance

Thanks, Caroll!

Best wishes,

Endre

Carrol wrote:
Wow.

~ Carrol

Sep 17, 2008 at 03:27 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · #310 At The Entrance

Thanks so much, Nick, my friend! i appreciate all you kind comments. i have to do good work in order to stay competitive with your great work.

Fond regards,

Endre

nlamendo wrote:
Hello Endre,
This is just lovely. The light rays, the bird, the pose of your daughter, I don't know how you pull it all togther, it's amazing. Your work is superb. Thanks for the interesting history of the cave too. I remember it from the movies you've mentioned.
-Nick

Sep 17, 2008 at 03:29 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · #310 At The Entrance

Thanks so much! I'm delighted that you like it so much. I never saw Pan's Labyrinth but if it had a cave and if they shot it in Hollywood, maybe they used these caves.

All best wishes,

Endre

der_iron_chef wrote:
This almost doesn't look real! Are you sure you didn't take this on the set of Pan's Labyrinth?

Sep 17, 2008 at 03:30 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · #310 At The Entrance

Thanks so much, Andrew-Bede, my friend! i really appreciate your kind comments! It does also work well in B & W if I do say so myself. I owe you an e-mail.

L & P

Endre

Benedictine wrote:
Hello Endre,

Done it again! I don’t “dread” your entries but rather look forward to them so much I can hardly wait for you to post them! What an example to the rest of us! Also like the b&w version on the b&w board btw. Keep well, l&p, Andrew-Bede

Sep 17, 2008 at 03:38 AM
seechelle
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · #310 At The Entrance

Hey Endre,

Is that Batgirl?! Very nice shot. I especially like the way the light is shining down upon her, and the bird looks like an added bonus. I wish I had scenery like that around here...*sigh*

Chelle

Sep 17, 2008 at 08:08 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · #310 At The Entrance

Thank you, Chelle! I appreciate your taking time to comment and am really happy that you like this. I'm sure you have lots of interesting things to shoot near you. You just have to keep your eyes open find them.

All the best,

Endre

seechelle wrote:
Hey Endre,

Is that Batgirl?! Very nice shot. I especially like the way the light is shining down upon her, and the bird looks like an added bonus. I wish I had scenery like that around here...*sigh*

Chelle

Sep 17, 2008 at 11:43 AM
Djenkins
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · #310 At The Entrance

Very nice Strad, You always raise the bar! I've always appreciated your creativity.

Sep 17, 2008 at 09:20 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · #310 At The Entrance

So nice to hear from you and I appreciate your kind words about this shot. Thanks so much!

All the best,

Endre

Djenkins wrote:
Very nice Strad, You always raise the bar! I've always appreciated your creativity.

Sep 18, 2008 at 02:42 AM
Arvett

p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · #310 At The Entrance

Hi Endre -

I quickly scanned the thumbnails and decided I wanted to vote for the cave one and then I thought, "I better just see what Endre did before I vote." Imagine my surprise.

Matt

Sep 19, 2008 at 12:46 PM
Andrew Welsh
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · #310 At The Entrance

Endre, excellent work, and a definite break from your usual style. One would almost expect a silhouette of the Strad itself from you. I saw the thumb and had no idea it was yours. But the adjective I instantly thought of was "magic". Well done, especially with the rays of sunlight.

Sep 19, 2008 at 09:22 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · #310 At The Entrance

Thanks, Matt. I thought I responded to this a long time ago. It's great to hear from you and thanks so much for your vote!

Fond regards,

Endre

Arvett wrote:
Hi Endre -

I quickly scanned the thumbnails and decided I wanted to vote for the cave one and then I thought, "I better just see what Endre did before I vote." Imagine my surprise.

Matt

Sep 24, 2008 at 11:40 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · #310 At The Entrance

Thank you, Andrew! I'm delighted that you like this. My "usual style" Hmmm.... I wish I knew what my usual stye is.

All the best,

Endre

Andrew Welsh wrote:
Endre, excellent work, and a definite break from your usual style. One would almost expect a silhouette of the Strad itself from you. I saw the thumb and had no idea it was yours. But the adjective I instantly thought of was "magic". Well done, especially with the rays of sunlight.

Sep 24, 2008 at 11:44 AM
krushnyc

p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · #310 At The Entrance

amazing photo!

Aug 23, 2023 at 12:19 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · #310 At The Entrance

Thanks so much! This is really from the "Way Back Machine"!! Eva was about six then. Now she's 22! I'm glad you found it and that you like it so much!

Best wishes

Endre

krushnyc wrote:
amazing photo!

Aug 23, 2023 at 02:59 PM
       end

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.