Upload & Sell: Off
I love you Ralph! You seem to be the only one who will be happy with it from what I read. This place has really turned into a DPR clone... sad, sad, sad.
Hope, you are a girl
No, first I am NOT the only one.
2nd: Its easy. I wanted to upgrade from my 30D to 5D. To serve my customers in resolution, me in IQ and lower noise in ISO 1600 pics. I used a friends 5D a couple of times. And its fantastic for my needs. Of course I wanted to get a digic III/IV one and 14 Bit. So I just waited for the successor. I wished me 15 MP one ISO stop more in sensor, an metal body, a better VF (compared to 30D), exchangeable focusing screens (to focus manual again) and a higher shutter cycle rate. And a direct shown 100% crop of the raw image.
- 6 MP more (I did not expect and will rarly use. But they are there, when I need)
- at two stops more (maybe 1 in IQ, but surely 2 compared two my 30D)
- a sealed body (seems enough for me)
- a faster and more accurate AF
- excellent VF (98% is much more than I need and I expect it again is better than at 5D what is much better, than it was with all my Canons before)
- x-changeable focusing screens
- 150.000 shutter cycles
- I am NOT shure, if the direct shown raw is possiple
- I did not need HD video. But maybe I will like it. I saw some demos and was faszinated
I guess that all those goodies will fit MY needs for the next 3 years (maybe 5)!
I will sell my flash (I used 2 times last year) and my 30D and grip and at additional € 2000 (or less) I might get the 5DII + grip. What creates a monthly cost of € 60 (40) for a tool, that gives me freedom to do my projects and lets me earn money.
My expectations and hopes where different from many others and Canon fullfilled them completely. Why not beeing happy?
I understand that some of the folks here are disapointed. They expected more.
What I do not understand in many cases is WHY. If I would own and use a 1DS MK III I would not moan about 5D MK II. I would be happy with my gear (okay its little more bulky and weights maybe 150 gramms more (I never used a Canon withtout a grip).
If I would do sports I would buy a 1d MK III or D3. But I do not and I do not need the speed neither AI. The 1D is available meanwhile at € 3333 in germany, 3D at about €4000 (-200 since yesterday). The D700 went down about €300 since yesterday morning and is 2299 now. ;-) (at a trustfull Dealer)
I think that is great for everybody who wants or whose bizz is doing photographs.
And Canon did or forced it. Why not beeing happy? I guess when I will purchase the 5D MK II in january, street price will be € 2199. Great so, too.