Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2008 · #305 Birds in an argument

Photon
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #305 Birds in an argument

This afternoon, the leaf caught my eye because it looked so much like a bird. As I photographed it, the real bird caught my ear, and I realized he was just a few feet to the left of my leaf subject! Yes, this is a montage of two shots, but done in proximity of time and space.

I was going to start a new thread for my new entry, but since it's no longer possible to remove the "WA #305", I'm just editing it into the original thread. I wanted a chance to thank Endre, so I'm leaving the old entry embedded below, but will remove it if needed.

Thanks for looking!

It has been so long since I've had a chance to participate in the assignment that I decided humor had to be the thing to bring me back.
I feel as if I should do better than this; I know I can. If I get a better idea and some free time, I'll replace my entry.
Meanwhile, maybe this is worth a little chuckle.

[original image removed]

Edited by Photon on Aug 07, 2008 at 06:07 PM GMT

Edited on Aug 07, 2008 at 06:07 PM

Aug 05, 2008 at 04:14 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #305 Birds in an argument

Hiya, Jess, my good friend! Whereya been? You've certainly been sorely missed around here.

Very funny shot. I like that the hydrant is as big as the dog. Well done!

Welcome back!

Fond regards,

Endre

Aug 07, 2008 at 04:02 AM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #305 Birds in an argument

Thanks Endre, it's good to be back! I've been busy...
[This won't mean as much to most of the people here as it might to you, but I've been putting a lot of time this summer into composing a duet for violin and viola. It's a substantial work, complex and not short. I've also been teaching myself to use Finale - I've always done all my work in manuscript before this. End of public PM!]

Aug 07, 2008 at 06:12 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #305 Birds in an argument

I like this new photo much better from a photographic standpoint. Very colorful and quite amusing, too!

A violin/viola duo, eh? Sounds like fun. Please let me see it when it's done. Finale, though, can be a real pain. I only know my way around it in the most rudimentary way. I used it to compose what I needed for the Shakespeare play I did.

Fond regards,

Endre

Photon wrote:
Thanks Endre, it's good to be back! I've been busy...
[This won't mean as much to most of the people here as it might to you, but I've been putting a lot of time this summer into composing a duet for violin and viola. It's a substantial work, complex and not short. I've also been teaching myself to use Finale - I've always done all my work in manuscript before this. End of public PM!]

Aug 08, 2008 at 01:47 AM
hanamj
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #305 Birds in an argument

I love it.

Aug 08, 2008 at 07:16 AM
Michael Nelson
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #305 Birds in an argument

I love this one! Great capture!

Aug 09, 2008 at 05:54 PM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #305 Birds in an argument

hanamj wrote:
I love it.

Thank you!

Aug 09, 2008 at 07:56 PM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #305 Birds in an argument

Michael Nelson wrote:
I love this one! Great capture!

Thank you!

Aug 09, 2008 at 07:58 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.