Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2008 · Mac alternative to PC FastStone Viewer?

BubbaJon
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Mac alternative to PC FastStone Viewer?

jerryrock wrote:
....and you can't buy a Mac without Leopard. Prior to that it was a free utility for Tiger.

... and the OP stated he switched to the Mac over a year ago - which means his Mac had Tiger. Bootcamp for Tiger was a *beta*. Not everyone upgraded to Leopard (wish I hadn't at first - now everything is ok).

Jun 07, 2008 at 05:03 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Mac alternative to PC FastStone Viewer?

Before I upgraded to CS3 on my G5 Mac, I relied on Canon's free software to open RAW files from my 5D that weren't supported by CS. I used Digital Photo Professional but also found a great deal to like about Canon's Image Browser that has regularly upgraded and improved. Now is use Lightroom, CS3 Bridge and Photoshop CS3, but when I opened Image Browser a few minutes ago to remind myself what it is capable of, I was once again impressed. The price is right... FREE. You might want to check that out. It has a number of display alternatives that are readily available and there are simple image adjustments if you feel inclined to go that route.

You may wish to visit the Canon website and look in their support section for the download. Good luck.

Edited on Jun 08, 2008 at 10:33 PM

Jun 08, 2008 at 10:27 PM
Bon Plan Grato

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Mac alternative to PC FastStone Viewer?

I found it, you can display all your pics in thumbs, do some batch operations (batch rename, batch resize…), basic editing (rotate, straighten, resize, crop, color adjustment, colour temperature, and more…). And it is 100% free. It is PhotoScape X. Check it out for more info on FastStone vs PhotoScape X functions

Mar 21, 2014 at 09:48 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

tuthill
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Mac alternative to PC FastStone Viewer?

Bon Plan Grato wrote:
I found it, you can display all your pics in thumbs, do some batch operations (batch rename, batch resize…), basic editing (rotate, straighten, resize, crop, color adjustment, colour temperature, and more…). And it is 100% free. It is PhotoScape X. Check it out for more info on FastStone vs PhotoScape X functions

Thanks for the heads up. Seems like a pretty nice viewer in the few minutes I've been using it.

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Mac alternative to PC FastStone Viewer?

Ya, PhotoScape is nice. I like GraphicConverter a lot too. Between the two GC is a little more fun maybe.

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/263/graphicconverter

It's not free tho. It's shareware. I've owned it for so long I dunno what it's like without paying the share - which is $40 currently. The website probably explains it tho.

Mar 22, 2014 at 03:34 AM
Trey Neal
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Mac alternative to PC FastStone Viewer?

I use a couple of different tools to run Windows applications on my Mac. Codeweavers Crossover tool http://www.codeweavers.com/ and Wineskin http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php. Some applications won't run on one or the other but I don't have to run Parallels or Bootcamp which means I'm not installing Windows on my Mac. Depending upon the Windows application that you run, some run a bit slower than natively on Windows but so far I can pretty much run anything that I need to if a version isn't available for the Mac. Having run Parallels in the past, I find these preferable.

Mar 24, 2014 at 12:48 AM
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password