Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2008 · 40D & Sandisk ExtremeIII problems?

dhphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · 40D & Sandisk ExtremeIII problems?

Dawei Ye wrote:
I wonder if certain batches have an inferior connection somewhere which explains these strange anomalies and incompatibilities.

This is actually one of the reasons I bought one now. It's the opposite of being an early adopter, by now I would have hoped the bugs would be ironed out completely.

David

Nov 16, 2008 at 10:52 AM
rhembein
• •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · 40D & Sandisk ExtremeIII problems?

I have never had any issues with my 40D and ALL I use are SanDisk Extreme III 4G cards. New versions, old versions. All fine. That is all I buy.

Just, for the record, from my experience.

Jan 25, 2009 at 12:43 AM
tach18k
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · 40D & Sandisk ExtremeIII problems?

I have 2 4g III /30 cards with the 40D and no problems, Is the camera set to only use cards and NOT internal memory, maybe it's is seeing full memory on the internal side and not the card itself. Look at card pins make sure they are all there and not bent or missing. Make sure the internal memory is clear of pictures

Jan 25, 2009 at 08:53 AM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · 40D & Sandisk ExtremeIII problems?

tach18k wrote:
I have 2 4g III /30 cards with the 40D and no problems, Is the camera set to only use cards and NOT internal memory, maybe it's is seeing full memory on the internal side and not the card itself. Look at card pins make sure they are all there and not bent or missing. Make sure the internal memory is clear of pictures

What internal memory?

The problem is real and occurs under certain PRECISE circumstances WITH CERTAIN VERSIONS OF THE 4gb CARD.

If you haven't experienced the issue, you are fortunate, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

David

Jan 25, 2009 at 09:57 AM
Dawei Ye
• • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · 40D & Sandisk ExtremeIII problems?

Yes the 40D is very strange, similar to the 85L battery metering issues, it seems certain models are affected, but not others.

The only thing I can think of as an explanation is if Canon changed a component or material or something between production runs, which causes issues like this or the 85L II issue in certain 40Ds but not others

Jan 25, 2009 at 10:24 AM
dcains
• • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · 40D & Sandisk ExtremeIII problems?

DaveWatts wrote:
New 40D and Sandisk Extreme III 4GB card, formatted in the camera. Firmware 1.0.8 (newest). The file system on the camera is set to Continuous.

I get this error message upon start...

"! Cannot create folder" on the rear LCD and "Full" blinking on the top LCD status panel.

Shoot some shots (less than 90). Turn camera off. Replace the battery. Turn camera back on. Then the above message occurs. Defective camera? Defective card? 40D can't work well with Sandisk ExtremeIII cards?

A 4 year old 512MB Ultra II card doesn't produce the problem.

Anyone else have this issue or can re-create it? Thanks!

Actually, here's the latest 40D firmware:

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/eos40d/eos40d-firmware-e.html

Jan 25, 2009 at 02:36 PM
Thats Fresh
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · 40D & Sandisk ExtremeIII problems?

^ original post was almost a year ago. BUT those who havent, make sure you update (=

Jan 25, 2009 at 04:33 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.